LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jonnydel:

Weird, if only someone said they saw this on film for years......but i guess it couldn't have been accurate, they're, "biased"

???

Tua's had to face the same type of criticism regarding passing over the top, deep, outside, etc. before this offense came to Miami.

That's the good news.

The not-so-good news is it was Tua's first touchdown pass beyond 20 yards this season.

By comparison, and everyone loves comparisons, Joe Burrow has 11 touchdown passes of 20+ yards this season and Justin Herbert has six.

"I was happy for (Tua) but at the end of the day, you don't want to force a deep ball that's not there to try to give people something to write about or people to be happy about," Miami tight end Mike Gesicki said this week. "You've got to play within the game plan and play within what the defense gives you."
________________________________________________________________________________

Ultimately, though, the fate of the Dolphins' revamped offense comes down to the performance of Tagovailoa, which still depends on what he can do with his arm. The video -- yes, that video -- posted by the team showing Tagovailoa throw a pass to Hill during spring workouts didn't exactly help quiet the narrative surrounding Tagovailoa's arm, but as Smith said Wednesday, Miami's offense will be about much more than throwing deep balls to Hill.

"Oh, physically he's been fine," Smith said of Tagovailoa. "I mean, one unique thing with him is his ability to play with fundamentals and accuracy with the ball. This time of year we're working the whole route tree, all different concepts and all the things necessary for the wide receivers and for him and the running backs. So the one thing is is his ability to on-the-field process and deliver the football where we need it to go."

This is not exactly a guy regarded as Patrick Mahomes before McDaniel showed up to SoBe.

__

__

Nothing about how "this is just how the offense is and Tua will have to adjust." We do the exact same thing with Jimmy G and tailor it to his strengths. So what?
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 2, 2022 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
???

Tua's had to face the same type of criticism regarding passing over the top, deep, outside, etc. before this offense came to Miami.

That's the good news.

The not-so-good news is it was Tua's first touchdown pass beyond 20 yards this season.

By comparison, and everyone loves comparisons, Joe Burrow has 11 touchdown passes of 20+ yards this season and Justin Herbert has six.

"I was happy for (Tua) but at the end of the day, you don't want to force a deep ball that's not there to try to give people something to write about or people to be happy about," Miami tight end Mike Gesicki said this week. "You've got to play within the game plan and play within what the defense gives you."
________________________________________________________________________________

Ultimately, though, the fate of the Dolphins' revamped offense comes down to the performance of Tagovailoa, which still depends on what he can do with his arm. The video -- yes, that video -- posted by the team showing Tagovailoa throw a pass to Hill during spring workouts didn't exactly help quiet the narrative surrounding Tagovailoa's arm, but as Smith said Wednesday, Miami's offense will be about much more than throwing deep balls to Hill.

"Oh, physically he's been fine," Smith said of Tagovailoa. "I mean, one unique thing with him is his ability to play with fundamentals and accuracy with the ball. This time of year we're working the whole route tree, all different concepts and all the things necessary for the wide receivers and for him and the running backs. So the one thing is is his ability to on-the-field process and deliver the football where we need it to go."

This is not exactly a guy regarded as Patrick Mahomes before McDaniel showed up to SoBe.

__

__

Nothing about how "this is just how the offense is and Tua will have to adjust." We do the exact same thing with Jimmy G and tailor it to his strengths. So what?

"I don't like these facts so they are wrong".

It's just happenstance that Kyle's biggest disciple targets the exact same areas of the field, lol. It's now, "Tua is Jimmy G". LOL.

It's just happenstance that Kyle's biggest disciple targets the exact same areas of the field, lol. It's now, "Tua is Jimmy G". LOL.

1. Tua's not Jimmy G.

2. Tua's faced the same criticism regarding his arm as Jimmy has here (gave you a glimpse above in case you wasn't aware of the "narrative" surrounding Tua).

3. They said they'd "build the offense around Tua's strengths",....whatever those may be. Unintended or not,...this is 100% in opposition of a "this is just how the offense is and all QBs would be used the same way in it" narrative I guess you're trying to build here with the heat maps?

FWIW,...I didn't write the article or give the quotes. That's all on McDaniel & the Dolphins.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 2, 2022 at 4:03 PM ]

1. Tua's not Jimmy G.

2. Tua's faced the same criticism regarding his arm as Jimmy has here (gave you a glimpse above in case you wasn't aware of the "narrative" surrounding Tua).

3. They said they'd "build the offense around Tua's strengths",....whatever those may be. Unintended or not,...this is 100% in opposition of a "this is just how the offense is and all QBs would be used the same way in it" narrative I guess you're trying to build here with the heat maps?

FWIW,...I didn't write the article or give the quotes. That's all on McDaniel & the Dolphins.

A narrative I'm trying to build with heat maps??? WTF. That was next gen stats that tweeted that out. I guess I must have some pull there, LMAO
A narrative I'm trying to build with heat maps??? WTF. That was next gen stats that tweeted that out. I guess I must have some pull there, LMAO

Of course it was NextGen. You brought it here and left verbiage with it. I guessed at the argument you're trying to make and reminded you that Tua's faced the same criticism regarding his arm, and the Dolphins had already said they'd adjust to his strengths.

If the criticisms are true, then the Dolphins are doing a great job. Same with Shanny here with Jimmy, just not as good, obviously.
???

That's the good news.

__

__

Tua's passing chart in Alabama.

Weird, if only someone said they saw this on film for years......but i guess it couldn't have been accurate, they're, "biased"

Too funny. I posted several days ago that Tua's heat map from last game was absolutely identical to Jimmy's entire career. They feast in the same exact area...by design.
Originally posted by LearnHowQBWorks:
What's funny is Jimmy played his worst game of the season vs. the Saints,

uhh, no that was the Denver game.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Too funny. I posted several days ago that Tua's heat map from last game was absolutely identical to Jimmy's entire career. They feast in the same exact area...by design.

Tua's throwing chart at Alabama:

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I don't know. It's been 6 years and he is the best qb Shanahan has been able to find by a mile. Still waiting for someone else and I'm not getting any younger.

Are you waiting for a roster that's stacked? Because while u dont yet have your perfect QB,....the talent on the team is sure as heck nothing to complain about (IMO).

All I'm waiting for is a superbowl victory. That's all we should be wanting. Not a stat machine.

the only stats I care about from Jimmy are

3rd down efficiency high
red zone efficiency high

and keeping the INT's low.

Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:
Lol when I first started here a bit ago the conversation was about haters and I thought it was an immature conversation as I agreed that Jimmy is an ok QB but he's definitely flawed and saying so was being honest. But man... Some here go to any lengths, every...single...day... to harp on the guy. It's literally nonstop, every post. Say what you will but it's not non-bias talk, it's obvious one sided bias talk and it overwhelms what could and at some times is great football talk. Unfortunately that's far and between as it's always just putting the guy down.

I agree he is plenty upgradable and i am not going to lose any sleep once Trey gets healthy but finding any excuse just to be negative every day really ruins this place. He's not as bad as he's made out to be(or good by some but they don't over power threads). Even after wins. This thread since I've signed up has been nothing but breaking him down and b***hing and moaning despite being on a winning streak. It's kind of embarrassing really.

you are the voice of reason my friend. thanks for saying something. it is obnoxious, i agree.
Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:
Lol when I first started here a bit ago the conversation was about haters and I thought it was an immature conversation as I agreed that Jimmy is an ok QB but he's definitely flawed and saying so was being honest. But man... Some here go to any lengths, every...single...day... to harp on the guy. It's literally nonstop, every post. Say what you will but it's not non-bias talk, it's obvious one sided bias talk and it overwhelms what could and at some times is great football talk. Unfortunately that's far and between as it's always just putting the guy down.

I agree he is plenty upgradable and i am not going to lose any sleep once Trey gets healthy but finding any excuse just to be negative every day really ruins this place. He's not as bad as he's made out to be(or good by some but they don't over power threads). Even after wins. This thread since I've signed up has been nothing but breaking him down and b***hing and moaning despite being on a winning streak. It's kind of embarrassing really.

It's so true.
But, we're told, "being critical isn't being a hater *rolling eyes* *laughing emoji*
Side note: how did I know Tua's passing chart in college was going to resemble his passing chart in the NFL? Because I actually watched his tape, unlike people commenting here. The first thing I thought of when I watched him in college before the 2020 draft was: "Wow, this guy looks like a perfected version of Jimmy, with the same ability to quickly throw, killing defenses with speed, throwing off platform and under pressure, except he seems to have a bit more arm talent."

The first thing I thought of.

So maybe, JUST MAYBE, good NFL coaches modify their scheme to accommodate the talent they have.

Matt Ryan 2016:
Also I don't expect those making fun of random to even acknowledge the fact that Tua was throwing to spots similar to Jimmy even in college.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Also I don't expect those making fun of random to even acknowledge the fact that Tua was throwing to spots similar to Jimmy even in college.

Dude, I live an hour and a half from Tuscaloosa. I saw plenty of Tua in college, lol
Share 49ersWebzone