There are 234 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Its almost as if the moderators should consider the term haters a violation of policy as much as they do the term cult members. Which has been brought to their attention and yet ignored.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Dec 3, 2022 at 5:36 AM ]
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
There's clearly a spectrum in which criticism should be judged as fair or unfair. The fact that we have so much trouble on this forum being able to collectively discern fair from unfair isn't solely due to these "haters" you and others continue to talk about, I'd argue it's mainly due to the political nature of the massive support Jimmy has on this forum.

3 separate polls were posted on the webzone recently. One was Jimmy's trade value thread this offseason, in which almost everyone overrated Jimmy's trade value immensely. Some could argue that Jimmy's injury was the sole reason he wasn't traded but his injury was known by every 49ers fan before the poll was made and it was discussed routinely as a clear factor in getting a deal done. How can a forum with so many "haters" overrate Jimmy's market value so badly? Hmmm..

Another one was Furlow's poll, in which 2/3 of the posters who voted that we should keep Jimmy for at least one season as opposed to trading him for 2 first round picks. This tells me that a good majority of the webzone believes that we have a very good chance of winning the SB with Jimmy this season and that they're so confident he will get it done that they're willing to forgo high draft picks that could help us tremendously in the future. The majority of this forum believes that losing Jimmy would end our season, again, where is this massive group of haters? Somehow Furlow believes 1/3 of the webzone must hate Jimmy for answering yes to his poll, but we've already heard from one poster that just has a difference in philosophy. Subsequently he's labeled a hater like many others for seeing things differently.

And the 3rd was my poll. The question was extremely simplistic and was as close to trolling as I've ever done on this forum, but I felt it showed some important data and reactions so it was worth it. What the poll showed was that nearly half of the people who voted believed Kyle Shanahan is more to blame for our offensive struggles than Jimmy is. Personally, I prefer more nuanced discussions about our struggles as a team, and I agreed with many posters well thought out answers in that thread, describing the RAW interior offensive line +MM, our injury woes, our penalty issues, and so on.

What made the thread worth it was to see the many posters who claimed the poll was designed to bash or hate on Jimmy… clearly not understanding the irony that nearly half of the voters selected Kyle Shanahan as more of the reason for our offensive struggles.

Not one poster said the poll was designed to hate on Kyle. Funny, it appears to me we have a Kyle hater problem.

So please save the "Everyone hates Jimmy" comments when you're clearly willing to attribute hatred to unbiased polls. You're willing to call any poster a hater, like myself, with zero evidence of bias other than criticizing one play. You're willing to question Kyle's tenure as our HC and ignore the many calls for his termination in his thread but yet you're active in calling people Jimmy haters. You're willing to make absolute claims about Trey's ability, or lack there of, before he plays a down of football and even more so after 4.5 quarters of play while simultaneously demanding fairness for Jimmy. You're willing to accept the hypothetical that Jimmy should return to the 49ers if he wins the super bowl, regardless of his performance, all while being closed off to to the idea that our future success relies on facts and objective analysis, not emotion.

When I say "you" that goes for anyone who's done those things. And I know it's a lot, I repeat, A LOT of posters. I think as a forum we're capable of rational discussion. But we have to start by acknowledging our biases and stop with these generic, "stop hating Jimmy" posts. The more specific you in highlighting unwarranted criticisms of Jimmy, the better our conversations are. I know of several posters who I've considered blocking for unwarranted criticism of Jimmy, and even more posters that attribute hate when it isn't there.

Whether one agrees with you or not, this was quite enjoyable to read.

A great read indeed.

There are a lot of people who may be more critical of Jimmy or more nit-picky of his game/play than I am, but the real headache is in fact seeing people incessantly and blatantly attacked as haters. over and over. it's obnoxious. It only causes perpetuating rifts and just continues to add fuel to the fire.
Its almost as if the moderators should consider the term haters a violation of policy as much as they do the term cult members.

blatantly calling a poster a hater "just because" they don't like what they're reading, should classify and reflect as attacking the poster. should be a reportable offense.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
There's clearly a spectrum in which criticism should be judged as fair or unfair. The fact that we have so much trouble on this forum being able to collectively discern fair from unfair isn't solely due to these "haters" you and others continue to talk about, I'd argue it's mainly due to the political nature of the massive support Jimmy has on this forum.

3 separate polls were posted on the webzone recently. One was Jimmy's trade value thread this offseason, in which almost everyone overrated Jimmy's trade value immensely. Some could argue that Jimmy's injury was the sole reason he wasn't traded but his injury was known by every 49ers fan before the poll was made and it was discussed routinely as a clear factor in getting a deal done. How can a forum with so many "haters" overrate Jimmy's market value so badly? Hmmm..

Another one was Furlow's poll, in which 2/3 of the posters who voted that we should keep Jimmy for at least one season as opposed to trading him for 2 first round picks. This tells me that a good majority of the webzone believes that we have a very good chance of winning the SB with Jimmy this season and that they're so confident he will get it done that they're willing to forgo high draft picks that could help us tremendously in the future. The majority of this forum believes that losing Jimmy would end our season, again, where is this massive group of haters? Somehow Furlow believes 1/3 of the webzone must hate Jimmy for answering yes to his poll, but we've already heard from one poster that just has a difference in philosophy. Subsequently he's labeled a hater like many others for seeing things differently.

And the 3rd was my poll. The question was extremely simplistic and was as close to trolling as I've ever done on this forum, but I felt it showed some important data and reactions so it was worth it. What the poll showed was that nearly half of the people who voted believed Kyle Shanahan is more to blame for our offensive struggles than Jimmy is. Personally, I prefer more nuanced discussions about our struggles as a team, and I agreed with many posters well thought out answers in that thread, describing the RAW interior offensive line +MM, our injury woes, our penalty issues, and so on.

What made the thread worth it was to see the many posters who claimed the poll was designed to bash or hate on Jimmy… clearly not understanding the irony that nearly half of the voters selected Kyle Shanahan as more of the reason for our offensive struggles.

Not one poster said the poll was designed to hate on Kyle. Funny, it appears to me we have a Kyle hater problem.

So please save the "Everyone hates Jimmy" comments when you're clearly willing to attribute hatred to unbiased polls. You're willing to call any poster a hater, like myself, with zero evidence of bias other than criticizing one play. You're willing to question Kyle's tenure as our HC and ignore the many calls for his termination in his thread but yet you're active in calling people Jimmy haters. You're willing to make absolute claims about Trey's ability, or lack there of, before he plays a down of football and even more so after 4.5 quarters of play while simultaneously demanding fairness for Jimmy. You're willing to accept the hypothetical that Jimmy should return to the 49ers if he wins the super bowl, regardless of his performance, all while being closed off to to the idea that our future success relies on facts and objective analysis, not emotion.

When I say "you" that goes for anyone who's done those things. And I know it's a lot, I repeat, A LOT of posters. I think as a forum we're capable of rational discussion. But we have to start by acknowledging our biases and stop with these generic, "stop hating Jimmy" posts. The more specific you in highlighting unwarranted criticisms of Jimmy, the better our conversations are. I know of several posters who I've considered blocking for unwarranted criticism of Jimmy, and even more posters that attribute hate when it isn't there.

Whether one agrees with you or not, this was quite enjoyable to read.

A great read indeed.

There are a lot of people who may be more critical of Jimmy or more nit-picky of his game/play than I am, but the real headache is in fact seeing people incessantly and blatantly attacked as haters. over and over. it's obnoxious. It only causes perpetuating rifts and just continues to add fuel to the fire.
Its almost as if the moderators should consider the term haters a violation of policy as much as they do the term cult members.

blatantly calling a poster a hater "just because" they don't like what they're reading, should classify and reflect as attacking the poster. should be a reportable offense.

I agree.
Originally posted by CainanUK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvVGVt9VBKc

I have been on the Trey Train since before he was drafted. But watching that video and after watching Jimmy this season I have to say it....

I think we already HAVE our quarterback.

Now that being said, I am a realist and realise that Shanalynch sold the future for Trey and they HAVE to go with him when he's healthy. And, I have no doubt that Trey Lance will be fine. What hurts though is that I think whoever gets Jimmy will ultimately show him the love that we SHOULD have from the off. We could have saved three draft picks had we just committed to Jimmy.

dude thanks for sharing. that was a great watch indeed. Jimmy may not be a Josh Allen or a Patrick Mahomes, or an Aaron Rodgers...but they're not a Jimmy G either in regards to what makes him good as well (to paraphrase the last bit of the video)
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Dec 3, 2022 at 4:22 AM ]

I have been on the Trey Train since before he was drafted. But watching that video and after watching Jimmy this season I have to say it....

Now that being said, I am a realist and realise that Shanalynch sold the future for Trey and they HAVE to go with him when he's healthy. And, I have no doubt that Trey Lance will be fine. What hurts though is that I think whoever gets Jimmy will ultimately show him the love that we SHOULD have from the off. We could have saved three draft picks had we just committed to Jimmy.

dude thanks for sharing. that was a great watch indeed. Jimmy may not be a Josh Allen or a Patrick Mahomes, or an Aaron Rodgers...but they're not a Jimmy G either in regards to what makes him good as well (to paraphrase the last bit of the video)

Brought to you by The Jimmy Fan Club.

Until Jimmy consistently wins with his arm and transcends the offense, he will never be thought of as a great QB.

There is a reason why there are 9200+ pgs of debate around whether Jimmy is more than an average QB up to this point and it has nothing to do with haters. Any 49er fan should be cheering for Jimmy to win a SB for the 49ers. The expectation is can he make this offense about him and not about YAC or the running game or the defense. The Jimmy detractors expect more from him especially when the conventional 49ers offensive scheming fails. Until he shows he can consistently be the man, he isnt.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Dec 3, 2022 at 5:30 AM ]

Sounds like they're even then
"All he does is win." That makes him the man. Style points are just that.

Until Jimmy consistently wins with his arm and transcends the offense, he will never be thought of as a great QB.

There is a reason why there are 9200+ pgs of debate around whether Jimmy is more than an average QB up to this point and it has nothing to do with haters. Any 49er fan should be cheering for Jimmy to win a SB for the 49ers. The expectation is can he make this offense about him and not about YAC or the running game or the defense. The Jimmy detractors expect more from him especially when the conventional 49ers offensive scheming fails. Until he shows he can consistently be the man, he isnt.

All that matters is winning. f**k "transcends" the offense. This isn't f**king Madden or fantasy. Jimmy once again is winning when healthy. Every other season under Shanahan when Jimmy's not here has been losing. Even this year he's 0-1 without him. So

You know why there's 9200 pages? Because Jimmy critics aren't fans of winning. They want stats. They want flashy plays. They want kyler Murray. f**k that. Give me Terry Bradshaw and his 4 superbowls over Aaron Rodgers with his 1 superbowl all day every day.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 3, 2022 at 7:17 AM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

All that matters is winning. f**k "transcends" the offense. This isn't f**king Madden or fantasy. Jimmy once again is winning when healthy. Every other season under Shanahan when Jimmy's not here has been losing. Even this year he's 0-1 without him. So

You know why there's 9200 pages? Because Jimmy critics aren't fans of winning. They want stats. They want flashy plays. They want kyler Murray. f**k that. Give me Terry Bradshaw and his 4 superbowls over Aaron Rodgers with his 1 superbowl all day every day.
Yeah that's what we want stats GTFOH LOL
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 3, 2022 at 7:30 AM ]
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

41 - 19.

Multiple NFC Championship games.

Super Bowl.

Yet they keep trying to get rid of him. Absolute madness.

All that matters is winning. f**k "transcends" the offense. This isn't f**king Madden or fantasy. Jimmy once again is winning when healthy.

Football has 22 guys on the field @ any given time. Unless you have some evidence that Jimmy had a large hand in pitching a shutout last weak, I'm going to suggest that the team is winning,...not the QB.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

41 - 19.

Super Bowl.

Madness or something you just can't figure out
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yeah that what we want stats GTFOH LOL

Its not about stats. Its about winning because of Jimmy, not because of everything else around him. There will absolutely be times this season where Jimmy, not the running game or the YAC or the defense but he will need to put this team on his back to win. He going to have make those big throws consistently that make a QB great.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Dec 3, 2022 at 7:40 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

41 - 19.

Super Bowl.

Madness or something you just can't figure out

It's completely crazy. We are likely to go down when or if we actually do get rid of him.

I never said, "everyone hates Jimmy" we're in a forum with rules to not to attack individual posters. I think you would admit there are people who attack and nit-pick to such an obnoxious level and will filter everything through a lense of, "all good is in spite of Jimmy and all bad is because of Jimmy".

Do some people swing the other way? Absolutely.

But because speaking on the "Jimmy hate" has to be kept in generalities of course there will be people and discourse that purposely but also inadvertently gets lumped in to that.

I'm fine with criticism, but I'm not fine with criticism that is more about dunking on someone or proving themselves right than about actual discussion.

That is the problem with a lot of the criticism. It's less about a discussion of what needs to be better for the team to win and more about being right or dunking on someone.
Share 49ersWebzone