Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
How soon we forget the dimes that saved our season.. he's saving our season back to back years now..

I dont think anyone is negating the fact that Jimmys ability is throwing dimes.

Agreed with both. Jimmy's dimes are saving our season for the 2nd year in a row. Lucky to have him as our QB.
Defense in the second half is saving our season

Those dimes on 3rd down and long to keep the defense off the field and able to rest are helping the defense play better. QB's who pick up 3rd downs inspire the defense (as a former defensive back I can attest to this).
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by CainanUK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvVGVt9VBKc

I have been on the Trey Train since before he was drafted. But watching that video and after watching Jimmy this season I have to say it....

I think we already HAVE our quarterback.

Now that being said, I am a realist and realise that Shanalynch sold the future for Trey and they HAVE to go with him when he's healthy. And, I have no doubt that Trey Lance will be fine. What hurts though is that I think whoever gets Jimmy will ultimately show him the love that we SHOULD have from the off. We could have saved three draft picks had we just committed to Jimmy.

Great video. Interesting that Mahomes and Burrow are 2nd and 3rd behind Jimmy in YAC, yet neither are accused of getting carried.

Maybe because they are also great at passing the ball down field too...

I know, I know, Sportscenter Top 10 highlights and fantasy football stats = good QB play.
How soon we forget the dimes that saved our season.. he's saving our season back to back years now..

Agreed with both. Jimmy's dimes are saving our season for the 2nd year in a row. Lucky to have him as our QB.

more nickels than dimes.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Dec 3, 2022 at 9:44 AM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

We actually are luck he is our back up QB. Good job for Shanylynch. No arguement.

He's started all but two games this season. 60ish starts as a Niner. He's a starter. Root for the starting QB of your favorite team. It's an easy assignment.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Reading this re posted, you edited my post. Pretty slimy.

Those dimes on 3rd down and long to keep the defense off the field and able to rest are helping the defense play better. QB's who pick up 3rd downs inspire the defense (as a former defensive back I can attest to this).
Not the last game, speaking as a former player and current coach
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 3, 2022 at 9:51 AM ]

Got to love the Fan Club. Anything to push the Jimmy is the great of all time narrative while stepping on heros like Montana and Young. True 49er fan

We actually are luck he is our back up QB. Good job for Shanylynch. No arguement.

He's started all but two games this season. 60ish starts as a Niner. He's a starter. Root for the starting QB of your favorite team. It's an easy assignment.

I do, just not with the rosy colored glasses singing " Everything is Awesome" lego song. Being critcal does not equal hate or even dislike for that matter.
Jimmy " The Ticket " Grappy !!!

Shanny needs you babyyy!!! Shanny needs you !!!
Imagine fans giving all the credit to jimmy on how the #1 defense is playing because of one or two 3rd downs converted lol

Imagine who the fans will be blaming had Jimmy gotten traded..

I have been on the Trey Train since before he was drafted. But watching that video and after watching Jimmy this season I have to say it....

Now that being said, I am a realist and realise that Shanalynch sold the future for Trey and they HAVE to go with him when he's healthy. And, I have no doubt that Trey Lance will be fine. What hurts though is that I think whoever gets Jimmy will ultimately show him the love that we SHOULD have from the off. We could have saved three draft picks had we just committed to Jimmy.

Great video. Interesting that Mahomes and Burrow are 2nd and 3rd behind Jimmy in YAC, yet neither are accused of getting carried.

I know, I know, Sportscenter Top 10 highlights and fantasy football stats = good QB play.

You really are clueless

Goatie has some competition
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Dec 3, 2022 at 10:18 AM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Got to love the Fan Club. Anything to push the Jimmy is the great of all time narrative while stepping on heros like Montana and Young. True 49er fan

Yes because the only options are criticize him for every little thing or say he's the GOAT smh. Maybe just accept that he's not perfect, but he's pretty damn good and we can absolutely win the Super Bowl with him?

Call me crazy but sports and rooting for a team is supposed to be fun and entertain us as fans. There is obviously also an emotional component that is fueled by the effort and personalities of the players and team. Jimmy's physical attributes and decision making can be criticized for sure, but to minimize his contribution to the team and fans as only that is shallow and short sighted. Many of you have missed out on some amazing moments during this run because you're obsessed with having a certain "blueprint" at QB and think that if we don't win the Super Bowl that the season was a "failure." Neither life nor sports are that binary. Y'all do you, but I'll keep seeing my glass as half full.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

You really are clueless

Goatie has some competition

Yes I'm "clueless" because I don't blindly wish we had Mahomes or Burrow, and simultaneously 💩 on our QB because he's not them.

Perhaps I just appreciate our QB who has been very good and gotten us super close to winning it all. Perhaps I see the potential of him and our team and choose to root for them rather than "criticize" them for every little thing.

Go Jimmy, go Niners!

Oh ya.

On the D go back to week 1 the D balled out of their mind and we ate an L to a pretty crap team.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Dec 3, 2022 at 10:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone