Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
How soon we forget the dimes that saved our season.. he's saving our season back to back years now..

I dont think anyone is negating the fact that Jimmys ability is throwing dimes.

Agreed with both. Jimmy's dimes are saving our season for the 2nd year in a row. Lucky to have him as our QB.

Reading this re posted, you edited my post. Pretty slimy.

Got to love the Fan Club. Anything to push the Jimmy is the great of all time narrative while stepping on heros like Montana and Young. True 49er fan

Yes because the only options are criticize him for every little thing or say he's the GOAT smh. Maybe just accept that he's not perfect, but he's pretty damn good and we can absolutely win the Super Bowl with him?

Call me crazy but sports and rooting for a team is supposed to be fun and entertain us as fans. There is obviously also an emotional component that is fueled by the effort and personalities of the players and team. Jimmy's physical attributes and decision making can be criticized for sure, but to minimize his contribution to the team and fans as only that is shallow and short sighted. Many of you have missed out on some amazing moments during this run because you're obsessed with having a certain "blueprint" at QB and think that if we don't win the Super Bowl that the season was a "failure." Neither life nor sports are that binary. Y'all do you, but I'll keep seeing my glass as half full.

Did you know you can be critical and supportive at the same time. When you call Jimmy the GOAT that is offensive to the 49ers alums that have come before him and it removes any creditability you may have had. We all as 49ers fans should cheer for him and enjoy the ride. I will be ecstatic if we win a SB with Jimmy. I dont care about next year at this point but you never show any ability to be critcal, the over the top support is obnoxious. Yes, I probably could take the edge off my point of view but your ridiculous views make it hard thus fueling the constant barbs. Jimmy should get some credit fior the teams success, he is our QB and he has made some plays but again Jimmy does everything point of view makes it harder to acknowledge.

I never called Jimmy the goat, that was Goatie and he said he needed a 30 day timeout for his comments. He's as bad as Chillin with his nonstop bashing that none of the Jimmy detractors never call out (except SWH).

Honestly no clue who you're referring to because I have no problem critiquing aspects of Jimmy's play. The missed TD to Aiyuk against Arizona is one that comes to mind. High passes on some screens that put our WR's in harm's way are another. Also think he needs to push back against Shanny more and make certain decisions on his own. But most "criticism" in here is outlandish and over the top. Totally unnecessary and does not facilitate rational conversation at all.

And thats the deal. Both sides of the Jimmy spectrum have gone to the extreme at times thus creating an illogical discussion. Its hard to listen when the points of view can be over the top. I will say it again, I hope really hope Jimmy plays well the rest of the season and wins it all. At that point we can then debate the path forward between him and TL. Lets just stop with Jim just wins (implying he does everything) , GOAT and as good as Allen/ Mahomes BS.

I don't control who's allowed to post in here. If mods would get rid of the extremes like "Jimmy is better than Montana" and "Jimmy sucks is average and gets carried" we could have some great discussions in here.

This is where part of the problem is though. Just because someone says Jimmy is average and gets carried by the team, you automatically read that as them saying he sucks.
He has to add sucks to the statement, when it's hardly said here.

"Jimmy is better than Montana and Young" is said even less than "Jimmy sucks. Yet some of you were very triggered by that and discussion around those posts has continued for days.
I see that more often than the he sucks statement

im not triggered by that, I'm triggered that you have to and keep saying that all you read is people saying he sucks when it's not true lol
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
How soon we forget the dimes that saved our season.. he's saving our season back to back years now..

Agreed with both. Jimmy's dimes are saving our season for the 2nd year in a row. Lucky to have him as our QB.

Got to love the Fan Club. Anything to push the Jimmy is the great of all time narrative while stepping on heros like Montana and Young. True 49er fan

Yes because the only options are criticize him for every little thing or say he's the GOAT smh. Maybe just accept that he's not perfect, but he's pretty damn good and we can absolutely win the Super Bowl with him?

Call me crazy but sports and rooting for a team is supposed to be fun and entertain us as fans. There is obviously also an emotional component that is fueled by the effort and personalities of the players and team. Jimmy's physical attributes and decision making can be criticized for sure, but to minimize his contribution to the team and fans as only that is shallow and short sighted. Many of you have missed out on some amazing moments during this run because you're obsessed with having a certain "blueprint" at QB and think that if we don't win the Super Bowl that the season was a "failure." Neither life nor sports are that binary. Y'all do you, but I'll keep seeing my glass as half full.

Did you know you can be critical and supportive at the same time. When you call Jimmy the GOAT that is offensive to the 49ers alums that have come before him and it removes any creditability you may have had. We all as 49ers fans should cheer for him and enjoy the ride. I will be ecstatic if we win a SB with Jimmy. I dont care about next year at this point but you never show any ability to be critcal, the over the top support is obnoxious. Yes, I probably could take the edge off my point of view but your ridiculous views make it hard thus fueling the constant barbs. Jimmy should get some credit fior the teams success, he is our QB and he has made some plays but again Jimmy does everything point of view makes it harder to acknowledge.

I never called Jimmy the goat, that was Goatie and he said he needed a 30 day timeout for his comments. He's as bad as Chillin with his nonstop bashing that none of the Jimmy detractors never call out (except SWH).

Honestly no clue who you're referring to because I have no problem critiquing aspects of Jimmy's play. The missed TD to Aiyuk against Arizona is one that comes to mind. High passes on some screens that put our WR's in harm's way are another. Also think he needs to push back against Shanny more and make certain decisions on his own. But most "criticism" in here is outlandish and over the top. Totally unnecessary and does not facilitate rational conversation at all.

And thats the deal. Both sides of the Jimmy spectrum have gone to the extreme at times thus creating an illogical discussion. Its hard to listen when the points of view can be over the top. I will say it again, I hope really hope Jimmy plays well the rest of the season and wins it all. At that point we can then debate the path forward between him and TL. Lets just stop with Jim just wins (implying he does everything) , GOAT and as good as Allen/ Mahomes BS.

I don't control who's allowed to post in here. If mods would get rid of the extremes like "Jimmy is better than Montana" and "Jimmy sucks is average and gets carried" we could have some great discussions in here.

This is where part of the problem is though. Just because someone says Jimmy is average and gets carried by the team, you automatically read that as them saying he sucks.

Some people want to view everything as binary. They see it as either you're pro-Jimmy or you're anti-Jimmy (hater), but it's obviously much more nuanced than that. I'm decidedly pro-Jimmy in that I've always thought he's been a great guy and is playing like at least a top-10 QB this year, but a lot of the criticisms about him in the past have been entirely valid. Even as one of his biggest fans, I can acknowledge that he's arguably the worst playoff QB of all time, but that shouldn't stop people from appreciating the good things he's done here. We would definitely be worse off right now if he hadn't re-signed here as Trey's backup (assuming Trey's injury wasn't a plot orchestrated by Jimmy loyalists within the building and still would have happened if Jimmy hadn't re-signed).

You're among the most egregious offenders and have admittedly trolled this thread for years.

You have more posts accusing me of being a Jimmy hater than I have posts criticizing Jimmy. If you want to see what a hater really looks like, go read your own posts in the Trey thread during training camp.

Despite what you've repeatedly argued in this thread and elsewhere, being a fan of Trey does not make one a Jimmy hater. I'm rooting for both QBs and want both to succeed.

I never hated on Trey like you hate on Jimmy. Ever. I brought up a discussion about his wobbly ball (fact) and wondered if it would affect his accuracy. Someone found a great link from sports science that some wobble is good, and it turned out to not affect his throwing. Even against Chicago where it was raining. I ate my crow about it. Some still cling to my original comments about it and make it out to be something it never was. I actually got a 30 day timeout from the forum for defending Trey too harshly. So the notion that I hate Trey is ridiculous and inaccurate.

You on the other hand have become a cartoon character in this thread, pretending to be a Jimmy fan just to troll and incite. You contribute nothing and should be banned along with Goatie and others who are merely trying to get under people's skin.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

"Jimmy is better than Montana and Young" is said even less than "Jimmy sucks. Yet some of you were very triggered by that and discussion around those posts has continued for days.

im not triggered by that, I'm triggered that you have to and keep saying that all you read is people saying he sucks when it's not true lol

One person (Goatie) has ever said Jimmy is better than Montana and Young. One. But you've heard that more times than Jimmy sucks (which has been said for years by multiple people)?

This is why you can't be taken seriously.

Not to mention, I listed many other illogical, silly statements about Jimmy that are said constantly. Yet you latch onto only one and derail the conversation. Par for the course with you.

Some people can't handle the truth and some people have toxic egos 🤣
Jimmy is 65/100 most of the time, that's why he never made a probowl and choked in the SB and NFCC last season and no team wanted to give up a 2nd round pick for him. Will he choke in the playoffs in a few weeks when the team gets behind late? We will see..

You dont get many chances like this in the NFL, lucky Jimmy might finally run out of luck or get luck out for another SB ring 🤣
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 3, 2022 at 12:39 PM ]

One person (Goatie) has ever said Jimmy is better than Montana and Young. One. But you've heard that more times than Jimmy sucks (which has been said for years by multiple people)?

Not to mention, I listed many other illogical, silly statements about Jimmy that are said constantly. Yet you latch onto only one and derail the conversation. Par for the course with you.
Keep lying to yourself lol
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
NO ONE is giving Jimmy all of the credit. There are simply fans who see that his contribution has been extremely positive and he HELPS us win games. He HELPS the defense play better by converting third downs and keeping the defense off the field and fresh. He's a great teammate and leader, and his teammates love him.

The "criticism" is nitpicky b******t in my opinion. And the comparisons to other QB's is asinine as we have no chance at having or getting those QB's right now.

Some of us want to enjoy and appreciate each season and our team/QB. Others want to tear it down and be negative. Is what it is, but I'll never understand the constant negativity surrounding a player who contributes so much to the team and fans.

Shouldn't that be your take for all players and coaches in there threads though?

Of course and it is. Now if a player is not giving 100% effort (Warner for stretches last and this season) or is inept at a necessary skill (McGlinchey in pass pro) then those criticisms are fair. But what you don't see in ANY other player thread is a contigent of consistent posters constantly making the exact same negative remarks over and over. What does happen in other threads is posters who did criticize a player, come in and eat crow/apologize after they do well. I and others did that exact thing in the Warner and Banks threads. Very few of the Jimmy detractors do that, ever. In fact if he plays well they get even more critical and over the top with their judgements.
I never hated on Trey like you hate on Jimmy. Ever. I brought up a discussion about his wobbly ball (fact) and wondered if it would affect his accuracy. Someone found a great link from sports science that some wobble is good, and it turned out to not affect his throwing. Even against Chicago where it was raining. I ate my crow about it. Some still cling to my original comments about it and make it out to be something it never was. I actually got a 30 day timeout from the forum for defending Trey too harshly. So the notion that I hate Trey is ridiculous and inaccurate.

You on the other hand have become a cartoon character in this thread, pretending to be a Jimmy fan just to troll and incite. You contribute nothing and should be banned along with Goatie and others who are merely trying to get under people's skin.

If we are just banning people that post just to get under others skin there is a whole host of posters that need to go in the Shanny thread.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

About what? Who else said Jimmy is better than Montana or Young?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

If we are just banning people that post just to get under others skin there is a whole host of posters that need to go in the Shanny thread.

I'm fine with that too.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Some people can't handle the truth and some people have toxic egos 🤣
Jimmy is 65/100 most of the time, that's why he never made a probowl and choked in the SB and NFCC last season and no team wanted to give up a 2nd round pick for him. Will he choke in the playoffs in a few weeks when the team gets behind late? We will see..

You dont get many chances like this in the NFL, lucky Jimmy might finally run out of luck or get luck out for another SB ring 🤣

Perfect example. Why on earth is this allowed in this forum? Contributes absolutely nothing and only serves to troll and incite. But since he didn't directly attack anyone it's "okay?"

Very strange set of rules.

About what? Who else said Jimmy is better than Montana or Young?
Multiple people multiple years. we know about the most recent one, but I would like to know when was the most recent person who said he sucks
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Imagine fans giving all the credit to jimmy on how the #1 defense is playing because of one or two 3rd downs converted lol

I don't think anyone is giving 'all' the credit. QB is a very important position. The record with good QB play and not good QB play under Shanny speaks for itself. With Purdy as QB2 we are having a Rams type season right now. Lost year. We needed JG to enjoy this season.

Yeah. Without JG, we are most likely looking at another losing season under Shanny.

Regardless of what some of us think of Jimmy, without him, this season could and would have been a disaster.
No one would disagree with that, that wasn't the point of discussion

MrAllTheTime it was the point this is the JG thread and you said well what about the D? D is great.. but it didn't do us much good week 1 when they were balling and we took the L. Need QB play too!
Imagine fans giving all the credit to jimmy on how the #1 defense is playing because of one or two 3rd downs converted lol

I don't think anyone is giving 'all' the credit. QB is a very important position. The record with good QB play and not good QB play under Shanny speaks for itself. With Purdy as QB2 we are having a Rams type season right now. Lost year. We needed JG to enjoy this season.

Yeah. Without JG, we are most likely looking at another losing season under Shanny.

Regardless of what some of us think of Jimmy, without him, this season could and would have been a disaster.

MrAllTheTime it was the point this is the JG thread and you said well what about the D? D is great.. but it didn't do us much good week 1 when they were balling and we took the L. Need QB play too!
Did we shut out Chicago in the second half? If we do, do we win?
Originally posted by 9moon:
Imagine who the fans will be blaming had Jimmy gotten traded..

What happens if Jimmy chokes again in the playoffs when the team is behind late game vs a good or GREAT D?

65/100 ain't going to get it done and if bonehead Jimmy shows up in the playoffs again especially when the team is behind late game when the pressure is really on vs a good or great D, it's GG, I mean he is technically just a backup (getting paid as one) right now, what can we expect? 🤣

That is why you don't set your (hype) expectations high for a QB like Jimmy, been there done that, or when he chokes the disappointment is rougher 🤣
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 3, 2022 at 12:56 PM ]

Did we shut out Chicago in the second half? If we do, do we win?

Lol MrATT wants a 7 point lead from Deebo running in a score to hold up gotta keep em under 7 gang
Share 49ersWebzone