Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Imagine fans giving all the credit to jimmy on how the #1 defense is playing because of one or two 3rd downs converted lol

I don't think anyone is giving 'all' the credit. QB is a very important position. The record with good QB play and not good QB play under Shanny speaks for itself. With Purdy as QB2 we are having a Rams type season right now. Lost year. We needed JG to enjoy this season.

Yeah. Without JG, we are most likely looking at another losing season under Shanny.

Regardless of what some of us think of Jimmy, without him, this season could and would have been a disaster.
No one would disagree with that, that wasn't the point of discussion

MrAllTheTime it was the point this is the JG thread and you said well what about the D? D is great.. but it didn't do us much good week 1 when they were balling and we took the L. Need QB play too!
Did we shut out Chicago in the second half? If we do, do we win?

Lol MrATT wants a 7 point lead from Deebo running in a score to hold up gotta keep em under 7 gang
Huh?

just answer the question
Imagine fans giving all the credit to jimmy on how the #1 defense is playing because of one or two 3rd downs converted lol

I don't think anyone is giving 'all' the credit. QB is a very important position. The record with good QB play and not good QB play under Shanny speaks for itself. With Purdy as QB2 we are having a Rams type season right now. Lost year. We needed JG to enjoy this season.

Yeah. Without JG, we are most likely looking at another losing season under Shanny.

Regardless of what some of us think of Jimmy, without him, this season could and would have been a disaster.

MrAllTheTime it was the point this is the JG thread and you said well what about the D? D is great.. but it didn't do us much good week 1 when they were balling and we took the L. Need QB play too!

Lol MrATT wants a 7 point lead from Deebo running in a score to hold up gotta keep em under 7 gang
Huh?

just answer the question

MrATT you know it and I know it. We saw the great D you are talking about week 1 they had the first half shutout we lost anyway. And you say it's cuz they didn't get the 2nd half shutout.. so they were supposed to shut out both halves lil unrealistic MrATT. We need the great D and JG that's our recipe.

the recipe
1 part great D
1 part JG
Originally posted by Furlow:
Perfect example. Why on earth is this allowed in this forum? Contributes absolutely nothing and only serves to troll and incite. But since he didn't directly attack anyone it's "okay?"

Very strange set of rules.

Huh?

just answer the question

MrATT you know it and I know it. We saw the great D you are talking about week 1 they had the first half shutout we lost anyway. And you say it's cuz they didn't get the 2nd half shutout.. so they were supposed to shut out both halves lil unrealistic MrATT. We need the great D and JG that's our recipe.

the recipe
1 part great D
1 part JG
Answer the question

the recipe
1 part great D
1 part JG

D did it last week. Had they gave up what they did against Chicago the 9ers would've lost.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Huh?

just answer the question

the recipe
1 part great D
1 part JG

Some third down conversions in that 2nd half of the Chicago game might have helped the defense too.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by CainanUK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvVGVt9VBKc

I have been on the Trey Train since before he was drafted. But watching that video and after watching Jimmy this season I have to say it....

I think we already HAVE our quarterback.

Now that being said, I am a realist and realise that Shanalynch sold the future for Trey and they HAVE to go with him when he's healthy. And, I have no doubt that Trey Lance will be fine. What hurts though is that I think whoever gets Jimmy will ultimately show him the love that we SHOULD have from the off. We could have saved three draft picks had we just committed to Jimmy.

dude thanks for sharing. that was a great watch indeed. Jimmy may not be a Josh Allen or a Patrick Mahomes, or an Aaron Rodgers...but they're not a Jimmy G either in regards to what makes him good as well (to paraphrase the last bit of the video)

Brought to you by The Jimmy Fan Club.

Until Jimmy consistently wins with his arm and transcends the offense, he will never be thought of as a great QB.

There is a reason why there are 9200+ pgs of debate around whether Jimmy is more than an average QB up to this point and it has nothing to do with haters. Any 49er fan should be cheering for Jimmy to win a SB for the 49ers. The expectation is can he make this offense about him and not about YAC or the running game or the defense. The Jimmy detractors expect more from him especially when the conventional 49ers offensive scheming fails. Until he shows he can consistently be the man, he isnt.

watch the video
Originally posted by random49er:

dude thanks for sharing. that was a great watch indeed. Jimmy may not be a Josh Allen or a Patrick Mahomes, or an Aaron Rodgers...but they're not a Jimmy G either in regards to what makes him good as well (to paraphrase the last bit of the video)

Sounds like they're even then

not quite, you'd have to watch as well
he did his job

So does the punter.

yeah, just stayed professional and came to work
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
The biggest damn thing missing from Jimmy's career here is multiple 2-4 minute game winning drives, it's the last impression a QB makes in a game, and the important games become legend. See: Montana, Joe. That mystique is a lifetime badge.

It's like a "between the 20s" analogy. Jimmy's game is all meat and potatoes but he's given fans little in the "Red Zone" marquee category to be considered anything more than just average.
Would I count on him in a 4th dual?
The best QBs have that.
Otherwise stats and wins are all you got James.

He's had 11 game-winning drives for us, if I remember right. In 2019 he was tied for 2nd in the league.

Last year instead of getting credited for those he was called, "the arsonist and the firefighter".

Jimmy has to play well, and have the team be losing, and then lead them to victory, in order for it to count as a comeback win.

Jimmy haters

we literally just had a big post written about this. this needs to stop. so, stop.

Just read no fine for Malcolm Roach for diving at Jimmys Knee. I understand Jimmy was outside the tackle box, but why eject Greenlaw for a hit that's arguably less egregious and not eject roach for diving at a QBs knees?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
The biggest damn thing missing from Jimmy's career here is multiple 2-4 minute game winning drives, it's the last impression a QB makes in a game, and the important games become legend. See: Montana, Joe. That mystique is a lifetime badge.

It's like a "between the 20s" analogy. Jimmy's game is all meat and potatoes but he's given fans little in the "Red Zone" marquee category to be considered anything more than just average.
Would I count on him in a 4th dual?
The best QBs have that.
Otherwise stats and wins are all you got James.

He's had 11 game-winning drives for us, if I remember right. In 2019 he was tied for 2nd in the league.

Last year instead of getting credited for those he was called, "the arsonist and the firefighter".

Jimmy has to play well, and have the team be losing, and then lead them to victory, in order for it to count as a comeback win.

Jimmy haters

we literally just had a big post written about this. this needs to stop. so, stop.

Take a chill pill. It was my first post of the day so I was catching up. I see everyone's tears so I'll stop saying it. Hopefully the same standard is set for the detractors to not say "Jimmy Stan's," "Jimmy fan club ," etc. But I know it won't.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:

Sounds like they're even then

not quite, you'd have to watch as well

It's a good, balanced, reasonable opiniy about what it takes to be a winning quarterback. And it's not always what looks flashy. Doesn't necessarily show up in the stats. Isn't always highlight reel worthy. Requires some nuance to appreciate.
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Some people can't handle the truth and some people have toxic egos 🤣
Jimmy is 65/100 most of the time, that's why he never made a probowl and choked in the SB and NFCC last season and no team wanted to give up a 2nd round pick for him. Will he choke in the playoffs in a few weeks when the team gets behind late? We will see..

You dont get many chances like this in the NFL, lucky Jimmy might finally run out of luck or get luck out for another SB ring 🤣

Perfect example. Why on earth is this allowed in this forum? Contributes absolutely nothing and only serves to troll and incite. But since he didn't directly attack anyone it's "okay?"

Very strange set of rules.

What? It's allowed because it doesn't break any rules I guess. You think posts that you don't agree with just shouldn't be allowed?
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
How soon we forget the dimes that saved our season.. he's saving our season back to back years now..

I dont think anyone is negating the fact that Jimmys ability is throwing dimes.

Agreed with both. Jimmy's dimes are saving our season for the 2nd year in a row. Lucky to have him as our QB.

Reading this re posted, you edited my post. Pretty slimy.

Got to love the Fan Club. Anything to push the Jimmy is the great of all time narrative while stepping on heros like Montana and Young. True 49er fan

Yes because the only options are criticize him for every little thing or say he's the GOAT smh. Maybe just accept that he's not perfect, but he's pretty damn good and we can absolutely win the Super Bowl with him?

Call me crazy but sports and rooting for a team is supposed to be fun and entertain us as fans. There is obviously also an emotional component that is fueled by the effort and personalities of the players and team. Jimmy's physical attributes and decision making can be criticized for sure, but to minimize his contribution to the team and fans as only that is shallow and short sighted. Many of you have missed out on some amazing moments during this run because you're obsessed with having a certain "blueprint" at QB and think that if we don't win the Super Bowl that the season was a "failure." Neither life nor sports are that binary. Y'all do you, but I'll keep seeing my glass as half full.

Did you know you can be critical and supportive at the same time. When you call Jimmy the GOAT that is offensive to the 49ers alums that have come before him and it removes any creditability you may have had. We all as 49ers fans should cheer for him and enjoy the ride. I will be ecstatic if we win a SB with Jimmy. I dont care about next year at this point but you never show any ability to be critcal, the over the top support is obnoxious. Yes, I probably could take the edge off my point of view but your ridiculous views make it hard thus fueling the constant barbs. Jimmy should get some credit fior the teams success, he is our QB and he has made some plays but again Jimmy does everything point of view makes it harder to acknowledge.

I never called Jimmy the goat, that was Goatie and he said he needed a 30 day timeout for his comments. He's as bad as Chillin with his nonstop bashing that none of the Jimmy detractors never call out (except SWH).

Honestly no clue who you're referring to because I have no problem critiquing aspects of Jimmy's play. The missed TD to Aiyuk against Arizona is one that comes to mind. High passes on some screens that put our WR's in harm's way are another. Also think he needs to push back against Shanny more and make certain decisions on his own. But most "criticism" in here is outlandish and over the top. Totally unnecessary and does not facilitate rational conversation at all.

And thats the deal. Both sides of the Jimmy spectrum have gone to the extreme at times thus creating an illogical discussion. Its hard to listen when the points of view can be over the top. I will say it again, I hope really hope Jimmy plays well the rest of the season and wins it all. At that point we can then debate the path forward between him and TL. Lets just stop with Jim just wins (implying he does everything) , GOAT and as good as Allen/ Mahomes BS.

I don't control who's allowed to post in here. If mods would get rid of the extremes like "Jimmy is better than Montana" and "Jimmy sucks is average and gets carried" we could have some great discussions in here.

This is where part of the problem is though. Just because someone says Jimmy is average and gets carried by the team, you automatically read that as them saying he sucks.
He has to add sucks to the statement, when it's hardly said here.

"Jimmy is better than Montana and Young" is said even less than "Jimmy sucks. Yet some of you were very triggered by that and discussion around those posts has continued for days.
I see that more often than the he sucks statement

im not triggered by that, I'm triggered that you have to and keep saying that all you read is people saying he sucks when it's not true lol

One person (Goatie) has ever said Jimmy is better than Montana and Young. One. But you've heard that more times than Jimmy sucks (which has been said for years by multiple people)?

This is why you can't be taken seriously.

Not to mention, I listed many other illogical, silly statements about Jimmy that are said constantly. Yet you latch onto only one and derail the conversation. Par for the course with you.
Keep lying to yourself lol

About what? Who else said Jimmy is better than Montana or Young?

I never said that. Stop being a strawman
Share 49ersWebzone