LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 139 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Listening to the HAM pod and they pointed out that Jimmy has 4 throwaway passes this yr…dats it. It's something he will never be good at and does play a part in extra hits and wild throws.

I love the willingness to "make a play" but s**t it's okay to pull a manning and go down or just throw the ball away on a blown play every once in a while.

Careful NY. You will be accused of hating and blaming Jimmy for the injury.

Why what did he say that was wrong?? You act like they're aren't some distasteful post about Jimmy and his injury in here. Stop playing the victim.

I am acting like the guy who said "Jimmy should have given himself up immediately" and was bombarded with posts crying about me "blaming" Jimmy for his injury.

This has nothing to do with some distasteful posts about Jimmy and his injury.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
If Purdy plays like he did vs MIA the rest of the way and we go 4-1 to end the year, I want Purdy in the playoffs.

Jimmy can back his ass up if he is healthy by the divisional round and be insurance. The Jimmy postseason movie blows huge chunks. Let's see if Purdy can take the main role from a mediocre performer when it really matters.

If Purdy plays below Jimmy level and starts throwing oh no picks like Jimmy does while we still win games going into the playoffs then sure put Jimmy in vs the Vikings I'm the divisional.

Not to go down a completely different rabbit trail, however, it is worth keeping in mind that most QBs have lower performance levels in the playoffs because it is the playoffs and they are facing much better defenses than the Houston Texans put up. IIRC, Joe Montana, widely considered one of the best clutch performers ever, had a passer rating 12 points lower in the playoffs than in the regular season.

I'll just leave it at that.

Playoffs is tougher against tough teams. Do you win the teams and go deep into the playoffs? Jimmy G does.
Listening to the HAM pod and they pointed out that Jimmy has 4 throwaway passes this yr…dats it. It's something he will never be good at and does play a part in extra hits and wild throws.

I love the willingness to "make a play" but s**t it's okay to pull a manning and go down or just throw the ball away on a blown play every once in a while.

Why what did he say that was wrong?? You act like they're aren't some distasteful post about Jimmy and his injury in here. Stop playing the victim.

I am acting like the guy who said "Jimmy should have given himself up immediately" and was bombarded with posts crying about me "blaming" Jimmy for his injury.

I disagree. I think it's obvious exactly what you and NYniner85 are doing.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Whatever the future holds, having Jimmy as a backup in the playoffs is a lot better than having Eason and Johnson

If ready to go Jimmy G is our starter. We go deeper in the playoffs with him too.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If Purdy plays like he did vs MIA the rest of the way and we go 4-1 to end the year, I want Purdy in the playoffs.

Jimmy can back his ass up if he is healthy by the divisional round and be insurance. The Jimmy postseason movie blows huge chunks. Let's see if Purdy can take the main role from a mediocre performer when it really matters.

If Purdy plays below Jimmy level and starts throwing oh no picks like Jimmy does while we still win games going into the playoffs then sure put Jimmy in vs the Vikings I'm the divisional.

Not to go down a completely different rabbit trail, however, it is worth keeping in mind that most QBs have lower performance levels in the playoffs because it is the playoffs and they are facing much better defenses than the Houston Texans put up. IIRC, Joe Montana, widely considered one of the best clutch performers ever, had a passer rating 12 points lower in the playoffs than in the regular season.

Playoffs is tougher against tough teams. Do you win the teams and go deep into the playoffs? Jimmy G does.

Do you win the teams?? LOL

The dolphins were the best team we've beaten all year by far... and Purdy started the entire game basically.

Yeah.

Which is why we shouldn't go crazy over Jimmy stringing together some decent games vs the Rams and Chargers, a low output win vs the Saints and a great game vs the Cards.

None of that matters if he is gonna f*** up during the postseason. The games we have won in the postseason with Jimmy we have averaged 115 pass yards/game. We weren't winning cuz of him.

If Jimmy didn't get hurt and played the same exact game as Purdy did vs MIA we'd all be further encouraged amd pleased with it.

Let's see if the wheels fall off for Purdy - if Purdy plays like Jimmy has in the playoffs in the wild card round...ie not good... and we still win anyways then fine go back to Jimmy vs Minnesota. Purdy might falter the rest of the way in the regular season too we have no idea - but I like his swag and confidence and hope he doesn't have the oh no Jimmy pick DNA within him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

With this team last year and this year Jimmy should be winning Super Bowls not making deep playoff runs and on the back of his defense and run game.

He's a good qb but is also a postseason liability plain and simple.
[ Edited by Ezekiel38 on Dec 7, 2022 at 10:57 AM ]
COME BACK JIMMY!
Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:

I disagree. I think it's obvious exactly what you and NYniner85 are doing.

Exhibit A, Kolohe.

Joe Montana regular season (SF): 93.5 QB rating

Joe Montana Playoffs (SF): 98.2 QB rating.

Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Also likely his camp sending out news to try to get him a chance to come back and play again if Purdy does well and help the team get deep into the playoffs, but by then the team probably wouldn't want to bench Purdy for Jimmy anyway if Jimmy even gets healthy enough 7 weeks from now..

It's sad knowing news like this will keep you up at night after seeing your regurgitated dribble constantly…

Oh really now? HAM call it the same thing Jimmy's camp to Adam Schefter for "damage control" already shared this video earlier.

https://youtu.be/Sl_S_QkAxGw

AS WELL AS John Chapman this morning shared the same POV on the Jimmy Camp Agent Don Yee to Adam Schefter, they have a close connection, 7-8 weeks "damage control" news:
https://youtu.be/xsGSYAFNbCI

"Let me say this again, this is the agent of Jimmy Garoppolo and Jimmy Grappolo calling Adam Schefter, 49ers didn't break this news, Schefter did. That's an agent play, because of MONEY"

I figure it out before even these sports media guys who does this for a living posted these videos.

This is probably the last we will hear about Jimmy, until he is healthy enough to see the PRACTICE FIELD, it's a none story and a null factor, thanks Jimmy for 7-3 as a backup, the team is moving on with Purdy, GO PURDY GO 9ERS!!!!
Originally posted by Jcool:

DJ how could you...

Not sure if I am misinterpreting you, but Montana's passer rating in the playoffs is higher than his passer rating in the regular season. It's close, but it's higher. I'm not seeing this 12 point lower passer rating you claim.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Also likely his camp sending out news to try to get him a chance to come back and play again if Purdy does well and help the team get deep into the playoffs, but by then the team probably wouldn't want to bench Purdy for Jimmy anyway if Jimmy even gets healthy enough 7 weeks from now..

It's sad knowing news like this will keep you up at night after seeing your regurgitated dribble constantly…

There is no need for such a toxic response. If you cannot respond in a more civil fashion, don't.

Toxic and childish indeed..
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 7, 2022 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Jcool:

DJ how could you...

Including KC stats maybe? Still not sure if that does it.
Share 49ersWebzone