LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 114 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by dj43:
Not to go down a completely different rabbit trail, however, it is worth keeping in mind that most QBs have lower performance levels in the playoffs because it is the playoffs and they are facing much better defenses than the Houston Texans put up. IIRC, Joe Montana, widely considered one of the best clutch performers ever, had a passer rating 12 points lower in the playoffs than in the regular season.

I'll just leave it at that.

Joe Montana regular season (SF): 93.5 QB rating

Joe Montana Playoffs (SF): 98.2 QB rating.

DJ how could you...

He might not of been implying his career but maybe one of his seasons? Like Montana had a passer rating 12 points lower in the playoffs in comparison to his regular season that year.

if I'm right, he should of referenced a year.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Dec 7, 2022 at 11:09 AM ]
The ideal situation as of right now IMO is Purdy playing solid to finish out the season - limiting the mistakes, converting third downs, getting the ball to the playmakers, getting points on the board - and this team keeps rolling and wins the division. Then, hopefully Jimmy comes back healthy by the start of the playoffs and the QB room will be that much stronger. And at that point, in Shanahan I trust regarding any QB decisions.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Not to go down a completely different rabbit trail, however, it is worth keeping in mind that most QBs have lower performance levels in the playoffs because it is the playoffs and they are facing much better defenses than the Houston Texans put up. IIRC, Joe Montana, widely considered one of the best clutch performers ever, had a passer rating 12 points lower in the playoffs than in the regular season.

DJ how could you...

Including KC stats maybe? Still not sure if that does it.

Career regular season: 92.3 QB rating

Career Playoffs: 95.6 QB rating

KC regular season: 85 QB rating

KC playoffs: 84.6 QB rating
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
The ideal situation as of right now IMO is Purdy playing solid to finish out the season - limiting the mistakes, converting third downs, getting the ball to the playmakers, getting points on the board - and this team keeps rolling and wins the division. Then, hopefully Jimmy comes back healthy by the start of the playoffs and the QB room will be that much stronger. And at that point, in Shanahan I trust regarding any QB decisions.

I know I'm dreaming but I'm hoping this is our "Brady" situation - where Purdy defies all odds and ends up being this all time great and FQB. Hahah until he shows otherwise, I'll dream.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I know I'm dreaming but I'm hoping this is our "Brady" situation - where Purdy defies all odds and ends up being this all time great and FQB. Hahah until he shows otherwise, I'll dream.

I like that dream! Really hoping he can step up to these upcoming challenges vs. the Bucs, at Seattle, and vs. Wash to keep the team rolling and keep building his confidence.

I like that dream! Really hoping he can step up to these upcoming challenges vs. the Bucs, at Seattle, and vs. Wash to keep the team rolling and keep building his confidence.

I'm not saying he's going to be, but my dream is he'll be the second coming of Joe. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully!
Does anyone know if this injury could heal quicker like 5-6 weeks?
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
If Purdy plays like he did vs MIA the rest of the way and we go 4-1 to end the year, I want Purdy in the playoffs.

Jimmy can back his ass up if he is healthy by the divisional round and be insurance. The Jimmy postseason movie blows huge chunks. Let's see if Purdy can take the main role from a mediocre performer when it really matters.

If Purdy plays below Jimmy level and starts throwing oh no picks like Jimmy does while we still win games going into the playoffs then sure put Jimmy in vs the Vikings I'm the divisional.

Playoffs is tougher against tough teams. Do you win the teams and go deep into the playoffs? Jimmy G does.

With this team last year and this year Jimmy should be winning Super Bowls not making deep playoff runs and on the back of his defense and run game.

He's a good qb but is also a postseason liability plain and simple.

Injured last year. This year too. The Rams were a power house with all they added. They did the best they could.
Does anyone know if this injury could heal quicker like 5-6 weeks?

He needs the hyperberic chamber.
Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:
I disagree. I think it's obvious exactly what you and NYniner85 are doing.

Posters see through the BS. Very predictable.

Not great news from Kyle. At the podium now.

Sounds like slim to none. On to Purdy!

Thanks for the correction. As I said, I was going from memory. So much for my memory. 😏

You may be thinking of Steve Young.
96.8 regular season
85.8 postseason

Either way, I get the point your making regarding performance in playoffs.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Dec 7, 2022 at 11:51 AM ]
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Not great news from Kyle. At the podium now.

Share 49ersWebzone