LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 186 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
He's just trying to lower expectations in case it doesn't work out. But there is a chance. It's also our best chance.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Not great news from Kyle. At the podium now.

Exactly what I was waiting for, to hear from KS's own mouth.

Thanks Jimmy for the 7-3 as the backup this season and all the disappointing memories the past seasons, time to move on up with Purdy and Trey, a new 9er Era begins this week with Purdy vs Brady!!!! GO 9ERS!!!!
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:

Thanks Jimmy for the 7-3 as the backup this season and all the disappointing memories the past seasons, time to move on up with Purdy and Trey, a new 9er Era begins this week with Purdy vs Brady!!!! GO 9ERS!!!!

He wasn't the backup. He's the best QB on the roster. Nothing disappointing about making multiple NFC Championship games and the Super Bowl. They just put Trey in that position because of all we gave up for him. Not because he beat anybody out.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Listening to the HAM pod and they pointed out that Jimmy has 4 throwaway passes this yr…dats it. It's something he will never be good at and does play a part in extra hits and wild throws.

I love the willingness to "make a play" but s**t it's okay to pull a manning and go down or just throw the ball away on a blown play every once in a while.

Careful NY. You will be accused of hating and blaming Jimmy for the injury.

Why what did he say that was wrong?? You act like they're aren't some distasteful post about Jimmy and his injury in here. Stop playing the victim.

I am acting like the guy who said "Jimmy should have given himself up immediately" and was bombarded with posts crying about me "blaming" Jimmy for his injury.

This has nothing to do with some distasteful posts about Jimmy and his injury.

For one, I wasn't talking about any of your post, even though you're clearly not a Jimmy fan.

Two, you're the one who brought it up about being accused of hating and blaming Jimmy for his injury. Like I was saying, I wasn't really talking about your post but I have seen them in here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He wasn't the backup. He's the best QB on the roster. Nothing disappointing about making multiple NFC Championship games and the Super Bowl. They just put Trey in that position because of all we gave up for him. Not because he beat anybody out.

You're stating the obvious, too bad they won't admit to it.

Hahaha.. Change is good, some people don't like changes, oh well, Nick Bosa pose 🤷
Furthermore from what I saw so far Purdy is everything Jimmy is AND MORE so I have no idea why anyone wants a broken foot Jimmy back anytime soon or in the playoffs coming off with no practice from a unhealed or semi healed broken foot, time to move on, next man up and its Brock Purdy Baby!!!!

Note: if the 49ers can move on from a HOFer like Montana and a 1st overall pick like Alex Smith, what's the big deal with Jimmy who isn't even a probowler and is limited as hell... 🤣 time to move on seriously.
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 7, 2022 at 12:04 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Ah yes… and Jimmy had a tremendous training camp battle with Brian Hoyer to EARN the job right?

Or was he also given the starting position?
The Jimmy "outside" chance stuff has to stop. This is distracting to the team and mostly the rookie QB who is trying prepare for the Bucs.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Ah yes… and Jimmy had a tremendous training camp battle with Brian Hoyer to EARN the job right?

he earned the job in the final five games of 2017

Originally posted by boast:

Exactly and was given one of the largest qb contracts in the nfl at the time to boot
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
The Jimmy "outside" chance stuff has to stop. This is distracting to the team and mostly the rookie QB who is trying prepare for the Bucs.

So you think Brock and the team are reading what's on the webzone and everything on twitter? Us fans are distracting the team and Brock.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Anyone who would want a rusty Jimmy if Brock takes us deep into playoffs needs there head examined
Originally posted by boast:

Jimmy was GIVEN the starting QB position in 2017. He earned the right to be the starter for 2018. Lance hasn't even started and finished 4 games yet. It's clearly not apples to apples either since Trey was 21 years old and Jimmy was 26 and in his 4th season by then.

Not surprised you're willing to defend someone who celebrated and mocked Trey's injury for months.
Rooting for his return. Make History Jimmy.
Share 49ersWebzone