LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 196 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Ah yes… and Jimmy had a tremendous training camp battle with Brian Hoyer to EARN the job right?

Or was he also given the starting position?

he earned the job in the final five games of 2017

Jimmy was GIVEN the starting QB position in 2017. He earned the right to be the starter for 2018. Lance hasn't even started and finished 4 games yet. It's clearly not apples to apples either since Trey was 21 years old and Jimmy was 26 and in his 4th season by then.

Not surprised you're willing to defend someone who celebrated and mocked Trey's injury for months.

what kind of b******t claim is that last paragraph waterbear? i commented on how Jimmy earned his starting gig. i'm on record in multiple posts over multiple sub forums as a Trey supporter. don't be f**king moron just because i call out posts that hate on Jimmy.
  • thl408
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Best of a bad situation. Maybe five weeks if all he drinks is elephant milk.
Originally posted by thl408:
Best of a bad situation. Maybe five weeks if all he drinks is elephant milk.

He needs to go to Germany and have that full suite of treatments done, the whole East German Women's shot putter Deluxe Gold Medal Regimen.
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
The Jimmy "outside" chance stuff has to stop. This is distracting to the team and mostly the rookie QB who is trying prepare for the Bucs.

So you think Brock and the team are reading what's on the webzone and everything on twitter? Us fans are distracting the team and Brock.

Absolutely they do. read the posts in the zone.

Kyle designed all of his best plays from what people post on the zone, especially from that Random guy.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
The Jimmy "outside" chance stuff has to stop. This is distracting to the team and mostly the rookie QB who is trying prepare for the Bucs.

So you think Brock and the team are reading what's on the webzone and everything on twitter? Us fans are distracting the team and Brock.

Kyle designed all of his best plays from what people post on the zone, especially from that Random guy.

[ Edited by Furlow on Dec 7, 2022 at 1:42 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
So he is or isn't coming back this season? Someone spell it out like I'm Joe Biden.

Can we just make posts without taking shots at other posters? That'd be much appreciated.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Six weeks might be a reasonable timeframe for the bone to heal, but would he be in game shape after 6 weeks?
I'm not sure why I would bench Purdy in favor of Jimmy if Brock plays well the rest of the way and leads them to the playoffs. Jimmy's playoff stats are terrible. More INTs than TDs. Only about 60% completion %. I could see activating him if he's healthy so he would be available as the backup in case Purdy gets hurt. Otherwise why risk using a player that has a poor playoff history and hasn't played in 5 or 6 weeks.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm not sure why I would bench Purdy in favor of Jimmy if Brock plays well the rest of the way and leads them to the playoffs. Jimmy's playoff stats are terrible. More INTs than TDs. Only about 60% completion %. I could see activating him if he's healthy so he would be available as the backup in case Purdy gets hurt. Otherwise why risk using a player that has a poor playoff history and hasn't played in 5 or 6 weeks.

It all depends on how well Brock is playing. I am skeptical Jimmy can recover in time and be game fit by the championship game or SB. Even if the broken bones have knitted after 5-6 weeks it is still going to be really painful and lack strength for a few weeks after that. He will also be rusty. Kyle basically said it is an outside chance. I really cannot see it unless Brock gets hurt or is just playing poorly
kyle wants to break up with jimmy after seeing brocky

I don't believe anything Shanahan says about Jimmy until he's put on IR.

Until then the niners still think there's a shot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I don't believe anything Shanahan says about Jimmy until he's put on IR.

Until then the niners still think there's a shot.

Right there with you!!!
Share 49ersWebzone