LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 171 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DrEll:
When it comes to injuries, Kyle is the least reliable person to hear news from. Can you imagine if he was a doctor? "Yea it sucks. It's a tumor and you're going to die". Two weeks later, it was just a pimple that needed Clearisil.

This.

Kyle is either a master of subterfuge, or he is woefully inaccurate in his medical projections. He has been way off in the past with players, so I do not put stock into anything he says about a player's health, return timeline, etc.

If Jimmy comes back, I imagine JG will announce it at a press conference five minutes after Kyle has his press conference saying JG will be out for the year.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
This.

Kyle is either a master of subterfuge, or he is woefully inaccurate in his medical projections. He has been way off in the past with players, so I do not put stock into anything he says about a player's health, return timeline, etc.

If Jimmy comes back, I imagine JG will announce it at a press conference five minutes after Kyle has his press conference saying JG will be out for the year.

He's not coming back.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Could be he delayed surgery on purpose hoping he wouldn't need it, knowing surgery would hurt his value.

He wasn't delaying it. He didn't know he needed surgery until essentially right when it was announced that he was going to get it. He talked about it in an interview.

That's kind of the same thing. You hope it will heal, you could just opt for surgery, but you hope it will heal and that you don't need it.
Originally posted by Goatie:
Fans have a short memory here.

Remember at the beginning of 2021 a whole bunch of fans on the zone were convinced Trey would be the starter at the beginning of the season and take us to the Super Bowl. It did not happen and was never going to happen.

Every time JG missed a throw, had a turnover or got intercepted these fans were talking like Trey would replace him in the season. Never happened except for injury.

Then the same fans we certain he would never be back in 2022. But they were wrong again.

And still they harp on now he is injured that he has played his last game as a 49er.

How many times do people have to be outright wrong before they understand they don't know what they are talking about?

Trey was literally the starter at the beginning of the season. The Chicago game was a monsoon. It's asinine to hold that against him, given how Jimmy played vs the Colts in his own monsoon. The Seahawks game when he left we were winning and moving the ball. The only place where anyone was wrong was the assumption that Jimmy had too much pride to agree to a pay-cut and a backup role.
Originally posted by Jcool:
This.

He's not coming back.

That depends on how Purdy does going forward and how much Jimmy is willing to give the 49ers a discount and a contract from which they can move on from him if they want to.
Maybe this isn't about Jimmy G at all.

I can easily imagine Lynch seeing the gathering hype about Brock (Mr. Irrelevant! Super Bowl team? Can he take them all the way! etc.etc.) and thinking whoa, let's not put so much pressure on the kid. … so he lets a little pressure off by inserting some "good news" on Jimmy G's injury, thereby giving Brock a quiet, but not insignificant sigh of relief.

Gameday can't get here fast enough.
This is how I saw it too. Trying to preserve the FG. Too bad the LB's knee landed right on the side of his ankle.

What happened on the Miami Dolphins LB Jerome Baker play that Jimmy got hurt on? What should have happened?

"They brought an all-out blitz. What you want to do is ditch it to Deebo or Christian right away underneath, but they popped two guys out and those guys had them outside and inside, so they took away our hot routes on that play, so you take a sack is what you usually do. You'd love to throw it away and not do it, but they did it too fast and they were on him too quick, so you take a sack, protect the ball and Jimmy did an unbelievable job. That play shows kind of how Jimmy is. That he was getting sacked about to go past the 35-yard line and how much easier it is for us to be in front of that 35-yard line. He kept his legs going, got Robbie the field goal and that's how his foot got caught up." ~ Kyle
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 8, 2022 at 6:48 AM ]
thought this was interesting

"I think it was little bit bigger from Trey to Jimmy, just in terms of the running element that Trey had," Shanahan admitted. "Just how he looked at a game plan, how we positioned the formations and stuff to kind of keep him always as a threat as a runner.

"Jimmy and Brock aren't necessarily running threats, so you don't sit there and design stuff like that, but they're definitely both mobile enough to make plays with their legs."
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is how I saw it too. Trying to preserve the FG. Too bad the LB's knee landed right on the side of his ankle.

What happened on the Miami Dolphins LB Jerome Baker play that Jimmy got hurt on? What should have happened?

"They brought an all-out blitz. What you want to do is ditch it to Deebo or Christian right away underneath, but they popped two guys out and those guys had them outside and inside, so they took away our hot routes on that play, so you take a sack is what you usually do. You'd love to throw it away and not do it, but they did it too fast and they were on him too quick, so you take a sack, protect the ball and Jimmy did an unbelievable job. That play shows kind of how Jimmy is. That he was getting sacked about to go past the 35-yard line and how much easier it is for us to be in front of that 35-yard line. He kept his legs going, got Robbie the field goal and that's how his foot got caught up." ~ Kyle

ah so instead of trying to spin and stretch blame for an injury by blaming Jimmy for a freak accident type of injury that would break any QB's foot, it was in reality a freak accident type of injury that was unfortunate and unlucky
Originally posted by DrEll:
When it comes to injuries, Kyle is the least reliable person to hear news from. Can you imagine if he was a doctor? "Yea it sucks. It's a tumor and you're going to die". Two weeks later, it was just a pimple that needed Clearisil.

This.

Why does Shanny need to be clear on injury reports? Doesn't it provide an advantage not to be?

Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

"I think it was little bit bigger from Trey to Jimmy, just in terms of the running element that Trey had," Shanahan admitted. "Just how he looked at a game plan, how we positioned the formations and stuff to kind of keep him always as a threat as a runner.

"Jimmy and Brock aren't necessarily running threats, so you don't sit there and design stuff like that, but they're definitely both mobile enough to make plays with their legs."

Was kind of disappointed to hear him say that. Brock did a lot of running in college. Averaging around 300 yards per season and totaled 19 touchdowns.

To contrast, Jimmy's rushing total after four years in college was negative lol.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Was kind of disappointed to hear him say that. Brock did a lot of running in college. Averaging around 300 yards per season and totaled 19 touchdowns.

To contrast, Jimmy's rushing total after four years in college was negative lol.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
That depends on how Purdy does going forward and how much Jimmy is willing to give the 49ers a discount and a contract from which they can move on from him if they want to.

Think he was referring to coming back for the playoffs if the 49ers even get there.
Shock the World Jimmy!
Trey was literally the starter at the beginning of the season. The Chicago game was a monsoon. It's asinine to hold that against him, given how Jimmy played vs the Colts in his own monsoon. The Seahawks game when he left we were winning and moving the ball. The only place where anyone was wrong was the assumption that Jimmy had too much pride to agree to a pay-cut and a backup role.

Or Jimmy vs Washington in 2019.
Share 49ersWebzone