There are 213 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
Rodgers looks like he has thicker joints or forearms. Jimmy G looks a little more petite.

I think you're really reaching here man.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Joecool:
So, how long before Jimmy G gets hurt? at 6'2 225. He's built sort of like RG3.

wait is Jimmy G gonna be running around like RG3 was?? Jimmy G at 225 is "thicker" then guys like Smith/Eli/Ryan who are taller but skinnier.

FYI he's bigger than our two past starters in Hoyer/Beathard
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 31, 2017 at 7:47 AM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Everyone acting like we either hit the lotto or that we will get raped in contract negotiations. Neither of those are necessarily true. If we like what we see, this was great trade. If we don't we lose a second round draft pick. With possible FQB at stake that's a reasonable gamble. There is no way on God's green earth we didn't have preliminary contract discussions with Jimmy G's agent prior to this trade. If he is what we want we will pay him. If we have to tag him, his one year contract will be to get stats playing on a bad team next year. We will get better next off season but we we won't be exponentially better across the entire OL. Playing on one year contracts is not ideal for any NFL player. You get paid but you don't have that contract that gives you some sort of overall protection if something happens. The contract will get done. The FO wouldn't have wasted this pick for a total of 9 games if Jimmy was against coming here and playing during a rebuild.

Let's be honest if Jimmy Garoppolo was eligible for this draft as he is right now he would be #1 overall pick.

So the question isn't if he's worth a 2nd round pick. The question is he and the contract worth a 2nd round pick and considering how much cap room we have...no question he's worth it.
Whoever ist questioning whether he is worth a (presumably high 2nd-rounder) is insane. Sit and taught behind one of the best QBs off all time, during a 4-year-span. No QB prospect can offer that but has to picked quite early.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Whoaa. Why many of 49ers fans are happy to get for J.Garoppolo and New England Patriots fans are happy to get for 2nd round in 2018.

I accepted for J.Garoppolo because I am support the 49ers fans and cheer. I am telling you. I am too concerned about if Garoppolo will get hurt again his shoulder? ... And Plus he will be free agent in next year. Come on? We should wait and sign him if he will be free agent in next year. Duh.

How many times did he get injured in college? zero...he got slammed into the turf, similar to Roger's injury.

CJ Beathard is 6-2 219lbs and not one person was complaining about him being "injury prone" lol

stop.it
Originally posted by 49_852:
Man I wasnt really happy with this trade for all the same reason ghostofbaalke stated...The only thing i can think of is KS and LYNCH will evaluate him for the rest of the season to see if he's worth that money. But damn for a high 2nd round draft pick? They must be really confident in JG...This could make or brake KS and Lynch. But we'll have to trust them for now.

Would you draft JG with our second pick in the 2018 draft?
Lol we get the guy the Patriots groomed to replace Brady, and people are still whining. Unreal.
Originally posted by 1biggi:
The O-line for SF right now is not sustainable for a QB so not sure if playing JG anytime soon is all that smart. You can get hyped all you want by looking at his performance in a Pats uniform, but that line is not the same as the line in SF right now. Hope is not a strategy, but I hope it works out. Just can't see how any QB can be efficient let alone effective with the O-line we have. Retooling the O-line for sustainment must be a high priority. Those in the decision making process I'm sure are considering this as I can't see how this gets ignored when during last week's game, we're almost down to a TE to play tackle due to injury. Maybe this deal allows more $$$ flow to get some good lineman in the future?

Brick by brick. It's one critical piece. You can bet your ass the OL will be addressed in FA and the draft next.
  • bvc49
  • Veteran
No one spends 4 years on the Pats if they suck.

Best coach and best mentor a young guy can have.

For a 2nd, I think we scored
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Lol we get the guy the Patriots groomed to replace Brady, and people are still whining. Unreal.

Like I've said people just like to complain and be negative, especially on social media outlets....It's much easier to do.

OH and people for whatever reason like to argue online instead of agreeing on something
Originally posted by bvc49:
No one spends 4 years on the Pats if they suck.

Best coach and best mentor a young guy can have.

For a 2nd, I think we scored

Easily. And given the report that he wanted to get on a plane asap after hearing the news, you know he was happy to finally get his chance.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49_852:
Man I wasnt really happy with this trade for all the same reason ghostofbaalke stated...The only thing i can think of is KS and LYNCH will evaluate him for the rest of the season to see if he's worth that money. But damn for a high 2nd round draft pick? They must be really confident in JG...This could make or brake KS and Lynch. But we'll have to trust them for now.

Would you draft JG with our second pick in the 2018 draft?

Hell yes!
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Sounds more like New England really wanted to keep Garoppolo but he had no interest in remaining Brady's understudy for 2-3 more years so they could either trade him or watch him walk for nothing in the offseason.

KNBR was just interviewing some reporter guy from NE and people are surprised about this deal. He went on to say that no one knows what happened behind closed doors but its possible BB was backed into a corner by Kraft to make the trade being that they passed on the 2 1st rounders that Cleveland, I believe, was offering during the draft.
Lol, what? The Browns offered TWO first-rounders and he passed? Lol.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Sounds more like New England really wanted to keep Garoppolo but he had no interest in remaining Brady's understudy for 2-3 more years so they could either trade him or watch him walk for nothing in the offseason.

KNBR was just interviewing some reporter guy from NE and people are surprised about this deal. He went on to say that no one knows what happened behind closed doors but its possible BB was backed into a corner by Kraft to make the trade being that they passed on the 2 1st rounders that Cleveland, I believe, was offering during the draft.
Lol, what? The Browns offered TWO first-rounders and he passed? Lol.

I bet BB is still mad about 1995.
Yes, I wish we could've traded the Saints 2nd rounder instead, but considering the fact that we will be drafting very high and people will probably give up a kings ransom for our 1st rounder, I bet we unloaded it for tons of other picks to continue to build the team and fill the multitude of holes we have.

Jimmy G could be the guy we've always needed. But we desperately need to get OL help to protect whoever is behind center. I hope this works out. It was clear we had to do something. At the end of the day, it's worth the risk of a 2nd rounder.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 31, 2017 at 8:24 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Whoaa. Why many of 49ers fans are happy to get for J.Garoppolo and New England Patriots fans are happy to get for 2nd round in 2018.

I accepted for J.Garoppolo because I am support the 49ers fans and cheer. I am telling you. I am too concerned about if Garoppolo will get hurt again his shoulder? ... And Plus he will be free agent in next year. Come on? We should wait and sign him if he will be free agent in next year. Duh.

How many times did he get injured in college? zero...he got slammed into the turf, similar to Roger's injury.

CJ Beathard is 6-2 219lbs and not one person was complaining about him being "injury prone" lol

stop.it

Chill out bro.. Rodgers is more older than Garoppolo because the age is older for injured than young age be like Garoppolo. Thinking about it.

I am watch the Football for since many time. I understand about football games and injured by players.
Share 49ersWebzone