Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
a whole lot of text that doesn't answer anything on the blame game

I, and others, have asked Faithful time and time again what makes Jimmy "washed" now. And he has yet to come up with a reasonable answer. He cant point to a single thing that Jimmy showed this season that supports his claims that Jimmy is washed up.
dude is just trolling for page counts, no one can be this crazy

projection, textbook def
trolling confirmed

let us see who is talking football, and who is talking posters, and the answer shall be revealed, you've talked no ball
just this poster and that plus the blame game, I'm talking ball
that's what happens when you have no argument, you start spinning like a laundromat
notice, not one drop of football in your post
you blaming coaches, GMs, and father time is thinking you are talking about football ..crazy

that's your characterization
or spin

reality is what it is
you use the word blame, for simple cause and effect

let's put the shoe on the other foot, shall we?

do you think JG played well this season?
he clearly didn't so what do you feel is the cause?
let's hear it..

I, and others, have asked Faithful time and time again what makes Jimmy "washed" now. And he has yet to come up with a reasonable answer. He cant point to a single thing that Jimmy showed this season that supports his claims that Jimmy is washed up.

I gave em all,
this is your inconsistency, when I question you, you will say JG doesn't suck, but when you watch JG sucking in Vegas, you will say, yup that's who he is, KS made him..

notice the inconsistency..

I don't have any inconsistency, I say he was good for us, and his best days are long gone, he's old and had a ton of surg/injuries

and as to the Kyle made him takes, recall his best work was just off the plane without an offseason with KS
we may have had scheme, but even that is half baked with a new QB in the room midseason..
he was playing some backyard ball, and excelling with middling players around him at that time

even if you don't think surg matters, (which would be bizarre)
consider he didn't have much of any offseason the last two years, from time missed due to surg
that's when QBs get with guys on their own, work on their craft, etc..

So you still have nothing to support your claim that he is washed up. Got it.

I gave em all,
this is your inconsistency, when I question you, you will say JG doesn't suck, but when you watch JG sucking in Vegas, you will say, yup that's who he is, KS made him..

I don't have any inconsistency, I say he was good for us, and his best days are long gone, he's old and had a ton of surg/injuries

and as to the Kyle made him takes, recall his best work was just off the plane without an offseason with KS
we may have had scheme, but even that is half baked with a new QB in the room midseason..
he was playing some backyard ball, and excelling with middling players around him at that time

consider he didn't have much of any offseason the last two years, from time missed due to surg

We lived it man, he was out injured each of the last two offseasons, ya'll saw the injuries in real time as it unfolded
what on earth

okay so let's continue with post 147751..
he's not washed in your view, so why the struggles?

I gave em all,

We lived it man, he was out injured each of the last two offseasons, ya'll saw the injuries in real time as it unfolded
what on earth

okay so let's continue with post 147751..
he's not washed in your view, so why the struggles?

You keep pointing to his previous injuries and father time (which is silly because he is only 32 years old), but have never pointed to a single skill or attribute of his that deteriorated. Thats what being washed up is. Losing your skillset. Once again, Jimmy did not show any less mobility from 2022 to 2023. His arm strength hasnt diminished. His speed hasnt gotten worse. So how exactly is he washed up? Because he wasnt as successful?

Again, you have yet to show any proof or support to the idea that he is washed up.
You keep pointing to his previous injuries and father time (which is silly because he is only 32 years old), but have never pointed to a single skill or attribute of his that deteriorated. Thats what being washed up is. Losing your skillset. Once again, Jimmy did not show any less mobility from 2022 to 2023. His arm strength hasnt diminished. His speed hasnt gotten worse. So how exactly is he washed up? Because he wasnt as successful?

Again, you have yet to show any proof or support to the idea that he is washed up.

You are not answering the question...

I gave injury history, surg history, his age, and yeah 30s as you get to mid 30s, that's when it ends for these guys, TB was the exception, not the rule
also look at market value, he was at 137m, and now 71m, is that not a clear decline?
(realize also in this period, $137m or $27m aav was an NFL record, now you would need $400-500m or $55m aav, so deals have basically doubled, yet his market value has basically halved in the same period) explain why (I already did, you have yet to and won't cuz you have no answer)

I gave injury history, surg history, his age, and yeah 30s as you get to mid 30s, that's when it ends for these guys, TB was the exception, not the rule
also look at market value, he was at 137m, and now 71m, is that not a clear decline?
(realize also in this period, $137m or $27m aav was an NFL record, now you would need $400-500m or $55m aav, so deals have basically doubled, yet his market value has basically halved in the same period) explain why (I already did, you have yet to and won't cuz you have no answer)

Correct, because you arent answering mine. And I am going to refuse to answer your question until you answer mine.

Injury history, surgery, and being 32 years old is not demonstrating what makes him washed up. Declining or diminished skills = washed up. So I ask you for the umpteenth time, what part of Jimmy's game has diminished?

Correct, because you arent answering mine. And I am going to refuse to answer your question until you answer mine.

Injury history, surgery, and being 32 years old is not demonstrating what makes him washed up. Declining or diminished skills = washed up. So I ask you for the umpteenth time, what part of Jimmy's game has diminished?

just watch him play
you can't tell the dif between 2017 and 2023?
or in your world, which seems backward, he had a foot procedure, so now he's faster, he had an arm procedure, so now he's got more of a rocket, he had a knee procedure, so now he's moving better than ever, right, right

in reality, guys like Brees, they can't throw the ball post playing days, every surg / injury, it takes a toll, adds up
Brees is a lefty now, if he throws a ball, the right doesn't work, Jimmy may have some post playing issues from the hits / injuries, that happens to NFL players, in the real world / reality

6 trying his best to keep Jimmy relevant 😂

dude is just trolling for page counts, no one can be this crazy

projection, textbook def
trolling confirmed

let us see who is talking football, and who is talking posters, and the answer shall be revealed, you've talked no ball
just this poster and that plus the blame game, I'm talking ball
that's what happens when you have no argument, you start spinning like a laundromat
notice, not one drop of football in your post
you blaming coaches, GMs, and father time is thinking you are talking about football ..crazy

that's your characterization
or spin

reality is what it is
you use the word blame, for simple cause and effect

let's put the shoe on the other foot, shall we?

do you think JG played well this season?
he clearly didn't so what do you feel is the cause?
let's hear it..
You're the one spinning without providing any proof lol

and the cause for him not playing well is the same issues he had when he was playing with us.

Remember when posters like you can only run to win % to defend jimmy? I and others sure do
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 27, 2023 at 5:15 PM ]

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Maybe Father Time has came for 4f6
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Maybe Father Time has came for 4f6

Damn that's pretty dark lol
Never seen a person taken by small sample sizes more. The Jimmy of 2017 wasn't actually who he was. Just a hot stretch.

Same reason he gets excited with the Geno Smiths and Mac Jones. You can have a nice sample that makes your total numbers look good. Top qbs are good CONSISTENTLY. Jimmy was never a consistent guy. Even in 22 it was one half vs the Rams and the game vs the Cards.

He is what he is now because he doesn't have Kyle making things simple for him. Bottom line.
It's wild how last season this time, the question was "will the 49ers bring jimmy back? Or will they go back with Trey?"

lmao wild how fast things change. Brock is the starting/future QB. Trey is inactive on game day for the cowboys and jimmy is benched for the raiders.

oh how the mighty have fallen.
Originally posted by tankle104:
It's wild how last season this time, the question was "will the 49ers bring jimmy back? Or will they go back with Trey?"

lmao wild how fast things change. Brock is the starting/future QB. Trey is inactive on game day for the cowboys and jimmy is benched for the raiders.

oh how the mighty have fallen.

Ironic that faithful wasn't talking about how washed he was then. Hell of a devastating ankle injury to completely wash him a year later.
Share 49ersWebzone