There are 214 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The Raiders and Cowboys get way more coverage than they deserve based on their records from the last 25 years.

When you make moves like signing Jimmy you deserve ridiculed..

When you hire Josh McDaniel you deserve even more ridicule.

amen, DEN fans know he can't hack it. Just like Hackett. Sometimes you are on staff and Rodgers or Brady is your QB and you look good, that ain't hard

So is Kyle not a good coach? Bc for the most part Jimmy was above average at best here. And not good in the playoffs, and set records for how bad he was in 4th quarter of playoff games.

Is 99% of the media wrong? Are most NFL FO ppl wrong? Are players in the NFL wrong too? Reality sucks I get it

let's not get all twisted into logic pretzels

my point was if you are standing there and a HOF QB is doing his thing, it's easy to look good on the ol resume..
JG ain't a HOFer
also let's not cherry pick your data, 'records for 4th qtr of particular games' there is no such record
do you believe once the quarter went to 4 he just forgot how to play, that's now how any of this works,
small sample also, Mike Trout is a career .083 hitting in the playoffs, course if you tried to push the narrative that that's who he is, you would be mocked

your career defines who you are
he's top 10 in rating all time (career), now take that for what it's worth, but it ain't bad certainly more representative than random qtrs from a small subset of games
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
just watch him play

Just watch him play isnt an answer. I'm asking YOU what makes him washed, since you have been trying to push this narrative all season.

you can't tell the dif between 2017 and 2023?

Why are you bringing up 2017? This conversation has NOTHING to do with 2017. The comparison is 2022 versus 2023. Stop changing the conversation. If I would have called Jimmy washed in 2022, you would have had an aneurysm.

or in your world, which seems backward, he had a foot procedure, so now he's faster, he had an arm procedure, so now he's got more of a rocket, he had a knee procedure, so now he's moving better than ever, right, right

This part of your reply is beyond childish and emotional. Obviously I never once said this, nor have I insinuated it. It's not about Jimmy's skillset improving (obviously). It's about whether or not any of his skills have diminished in one offseason, which you still cannot articulate.

in reality, guys like Brees, they can't throw the ball post playing days, every surg / injury, it takes a toll, adds up
Brees is a lefty now, if he throws a ball, the right doesn't work, Jimmy may have some post playing issues from the hits / injuries, that happens to NFL players, in the real world / reality

Sucks for Brees. Hope that doesn't happen to Jimmy. Don't want that to happen to anyone. But this is completely irelevant to the topic of whether or not Jimmy is washed in 2023.

So you wanna try to answer the question or are you just going to bring up nonsense that has nothing to do with anything again?

Not surprised I didnt get a reply to this, much like many of us didnt get a reply when repeatedly asking what makes Jimmy washed.
also let's not cherry pick your data, 'records for 4th qtr of particular games' there is no such record

There very much is data on this.

clown data, it's like saying QB x has the best rating on 2nd and 21s in NFL history, during the month of Nov, over the last 30 years
who cares, it's driven by small sample and the fact everything is catalogued, it's not a real stat imo, nor is it telling of anything.
you have to cherry pick the playoffs part, then you have to pick the 30 years part, then you have to pick the specific qtr you want,
realize he needed the Q4 drive vs LAR, to even have 2021-2022 playoff games to talk about, there are no playoffs that year, but for that drive, which was Q4
Not surprised I didnt get a reply to this, much like many of us didnt get a reply when repeatedly asking what makes Jimmy washed.

You got 10 replies or, doses of reality , now if you don't like the reality, well then so be it, but don't say I didn't respond when I did 10x, it is you who did not respond..
The obsession over this guy who no longer plays for us is absolutely amazing.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The obsession over this guy who no longer plays for us is absolutely amazing.

Alex Smith says

You got 10 replies or, doses of reality , now if you don't like the reality, well then so be it, but don't say I didn't respond when I did 10x, it is you who did not respond..

Your 10 replies didnt answer the question once.

clown data, it's like saying QB x has the best rating on 2nd and 21s in NFL history, during the month of Nov, over the last 30 years
who cares, it's driven by small sample and the fact everything is catalogued, it's not a real stat imo, nor is it telling of anything.
you have to cherry pick the playoffs part, then you have to pick the 30 years part, then you have to pick the specific qtr you want,
realize he needed the Q4 drive vs LAR, to even have 2021-2022 playoff games to talk about, there are no playoffs that year, but for that drive, which was Q4

Its only clown data because it demonstrates how awful Jimmy has been in the 4th quarter of playoff games.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The Raiders and Cowboys get way more coverage than they deserve based on their records from the last 25 years.

When you make moves like signing Jimmy you deserve ridiculed..

When you hire Josh McDaniel you deserve even more ridicule.

amen, DEN fans know he can't hack it. Just like Hackett. Sometimes you are on staff and Rodgers or Brady is your QB and you look good, that ain't hard

So is Kyle not a good coach? Bc for the most part Jimmy was above average at best here. And not good in the playoffs, and set records for how bad he was in 4th quarter of playoff games.

Is 99% of the media wrong? Are most NFL FO ppl wrong? Are players in the NFL wrong too? Reality sucks I get it

let's not get all twisted into logic pretzels

my point was if you are standing there and a HOF QB is doing his thing, it's easy to look good on the ol resume..
JG ain't a HOFer
do you believe once the quarter went to 4 he just forgot how to play, that's now how any of this works,
small sample also, Mike Trout is a career .083 hitting in the playoffs, course if you tried to push the narrative that that's who he is, you would be mocked

your career defines who you are
he's top 10 in rating all time (career), now take that for what it's worth, but it ain't bad certainly more representative than random qtrs from a small subset of games

I'm 100% positive the first thing regular NFL fans think of is the collapse in the SB and NFCCG, not career winning percentage.

Jimmy's 4th quarter issues in the playoffs describe his performances more than the team winning. Nice try though.

• thl408

Wow, that is bad.
Its only clown data because it demonstrates how awful Jimmy has been in the 4th quarter of playoff games.

no you are presenting it only for that reason, it's clown data cuz it's a small size
6 playoff games, and in half those he wasn't even needed in the 4th, like NFCCG vs GB, where he wasn't really needed all game tbh
so you are literally talking about 'data' from like 3 qtrs
oh and btw, if we want to get into that subject, it's the same data for KS, and this predates SF (see ATL)
but note, I don't hold that against KS like some ppl, cuz I don't buy into a one or two game sample, but it's the reason you have KS10 chatter.. it was more than that in ATL

just as disingenuous in both imo

no you are presenting it only for that reason, it's clown data cuz it's a small size
6 playoff games, and in half those he wasn't even needed in the 4th, like NFCCG vs GB, where he wasn't really needed all game tbh
oh and btw, if we want to get into that subject, it's the same data for KS, and this predates SF (see ATL)
but note, I don't hold that against KS like some ppl, cuz I don't buy into a one or two game sample, but it's the reason you have KS10 chatter.. it was more than that in ATL

Coaches dont have passer ratings, so no, it doesnt apply to Kyle also.

You are dismissing the stat because you dont like it, not because there is no merit.

Coaches dont have passer ratings, so no, it doesnt apply to Kyle also.

You are dismissing the stat because you dont like it, not because there is no merit.

No, flip it around you bring the stat, cuz you can't stand JG
I don't like any 'data' that says this is who someone is, that is derived from 3 qtrs over a near decade long career
as to coaches not having passer rating this reveals your disingenuousness.. coaches certainly have track records, wins and losses, the blown leads certainly apply to Kyle, why do you think he has that KS10 moniker among a few

and again I am consistent, I don't like small sample size judgements in either case, you aren't
you apply the label when it fits your narrative, and shrug it off when it doesn't,
do we remember this one?
now let's see who's consistent and who isn't

notice he had a MVP QB, yet same result

[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Nov 28, 2023 at 1:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone