Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
do we remember this one?
now let's see who's consistent and who isn't

notice he had a MVP QB, yet same result

LOL but.. but.. but.. Kyle!

Now who's making it about HC or QB?

Yes, if Kyle's career ended today, he would be known for being a good coach who chocked when it mattered most.

At least Kyle would be remembered for being good... unlike Jimmy.

You failed on so many levels with this one....
Originally posted by Waterbear:
do we remember this one?

Yes, if Kyle's career ended today, he would be known for being a good coach who chocked when it mattered most.

you as usual miss the point
I don't blame KS,
as a neutral football fan, watching the SB, I didn't blame KS then either (ATL vs NE)
I blame the D, I blame TB being the goat, Freeman whiffing in pass pro, etc

yet SWH establishes a small sample size on JG and he's all in on it, well be consistent with Kyle, if you want to buy into small sample sizes in postseason Q4
he has quite a track record in Q4 himself, in the postseason, some unprecedented stuff, and prior to JG even

I think for consistency you either believe both these similar arguments, or you say both are crap, I say both are crap
you folks buy into one and toss the other tho, that's the hypocrisy..

JG will be remembered as good, just the other day Aikman was doing a game and said JG he's always felt is a good QB, and SF had success and JG played a role in that
No, flip it around you bring the stat, cuz you can't stand JG
I don't like any 'data' that says this is who someone is, that is derived from 3 qtrs over a near decade long career
as to coaches not having passer rating this reveals your disingenuousness.. coaches certainly have track records, wins and losses, the blown leads certainly apply to Kyle, why do you think he has that KS10 moniker among a few

and again I am consistent, I don't like small sample size judgements in either case, you aren't
you apply the label when it fits your narrative, and shrug it off when it doesn't,

Yet Jimmy was great in NE based on a game and a half.
JG will be remembered as good, just the other day Aikman was doing a game and said JG he's always felt is a good QB, and SF had success and JG played a role in that

Hell be remembered as slightly above average. Which is what he was.
Again. Jimmy G has millions, the looks, can probably milk out more money being a backup. THEN go and be an announcer or analyst.

It does NOT suck to be Jimmy G. He'll be alright.

As of now Purdy > Jimmy G , Trey, Vegan Kaepernick, prime Jeff Garcia, Prime? Alex Smiff, etc.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I don't like any 'data' that says this is who someone is, that is derived from 3 qtrs over a near decade long career
as to coaches not having passer rating this reveals your disingenuousness.. coaches certainly have track records, wins and losses, the blown leads certainly apply to Kyle, why do you think he has that KS10 moniker among a few

and again I am consistent, I don't like small sample size judgements in either case, you aren't
you apply the label when it fits your narrative, and shrug it off when it doesn't,

no doubt about, I still don't say that's 'who he is' the career in total, does that
we have enough in total to form a judgement, don't need to cherry pick this qtr of games in months that end with a Y or some nonsense
do we remember this one?

you as usual miss the point
I don't blame KS,
as a neutral football fan, watching the SB, I didn't blame KS then either (ATL vs NE)
I blame the D, I blame TB being the goat, Freeman whiffing in pass pro, etc

yet SWH establishes a small sample size on JG and he's all in on it, well be consistent with Kyle, if you want to buy into small sample sizes in postseason Q4
he has quite a track record in Q4 himself, in the postseason, some unprecedented stuff, and prior to JG even

I think for consistency you either believe both these similar arguments, or you say both are crap, I say both are crap
you folks buy into one and toss the other tho, that's the hypocrisy..

There is no hypocrisy. At this point, Kyle is known as a very good coach who chokes at the end of important games. Whether that is fair or not, thats the perception. And until he wins the big one, that will always be how he is viewed.

"SWH establishes a small sample size" LOL dude, I am not the one who tweeted that. You want to make this about me, but is not about me. The only reason I said HCs dont have passer ratings is....well.....because they dont have passer ratings. Thats a fact. Have his teams been outscored a ton in 4th quarters of important games? Yes, this is factual. And thats why he has the label of a coach who chokes at the end of big games.

You arent making the point you think you are.

And he was great in 2017 (5 games). Yet, 6 playoff games isnt a big enough sample size.

This dude has the audacity to talk about being me being inconsistent with arguments, yet he is the most inconsistent poster on this board. Its comical.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
There is no hypocrisy. At this point, Kyle is known as a very good coach who chokes at the end of important games. Whether that is fair or not, thats the perception. And until he wins the big one, that will always be how he is viewed.

"SWH establishes a small sample size" LOL dude, I am not the one who tweeted that. You want to make this about me, but is not about me. The only reason I said HCs dont have passer ratings is....well.....because they dont have passer ratings. Thats a fact. Have his teams been outscored a ton in 4th quarters of important games? Yes, this is factual. And thats why he has the label of a coach who chokes at the end of big games.

Yeah I am making the point, I think I am

let's get down to brass tacks..

do you agree that KS is a choke artist? or do you say, that factual evidence, is a bunch of bleep..
do we get straight answers, or just evasions..

Under your logic, you would say it's true, until proven otherwise, okay let's do Mike Trout next.. proven playoff choker, of course not.. but in your world, maybe so
maybe in postseason he chokes so hard, he forgets how to bat, that's how sports works? right? I say no, give me the full measure of the data / career, and I will show you who someone is..

And he was great in 2017 (5 games). Yet, 6 playoff games isnt a big enough sample size.

This dude has the audacity to talk about being me being inconsistent with arguments, yet he is the most inconsistent poster on this board. Its comical.

let us get real, you logically whiff here
ppl can say that's a great rep, or that's a great game, and on the same hand, say, it doesn't define who that player is, both of these can be true at once
I am saying your cherry picked quarter of games in months ending in Y, is not good, but it doesn't define the guy as who he is at all times, either..
i'll go out on a limb here, and say we win the SB, and KS puts the nonsense he's a big game choker label, to bed
I give that no credence, you guys might, I don't..

Here's how dumb the logic is, ppl say 'he can't win the big one', okay what's your evidence, 'well he hasn't done it yet'
don't we see the logical failure?, by this logic, nothing can ever be done, as it's not been done before

JG didn't have great 4th qtrs heck neither did our whole team, and again it's easily debunked, as it's basically 3 qtrs of play you are looking at, he wasn't needed in Q4 in all 6 games.. heck Moseley makes a play and he's likely SB MVP, same with Kyle, Freeman executes his block and Kyle goes from choker to genius, but notice he's the same Kyle, regardless of how Freeman decides to execute that one play, only thing that swings is the hot take narrative, not the reality..

Yeah I am making the point, I think I am

let's get down to brass tacks..

do you agree that KS is a choke artist? or do you say, that factual evidence, is a bunch of bleep..
do we get straight answers, or just evasions..

Under your logic, you would say it's true, until proven otherwise, okay let's do Mike Trout next.. proven playoff choker, of course not.. but in your world, maybe so
maybe in postseason he chokes so hard, he forgets how to bat, that's how sports works? right? I say no, give me the full measure of the data / career, and I will show you who someone is..

Kyle's teams have choked away enough 4th quarters in important games to where its logical to say that until he wins, he deserves that label. Same thing happened with Steve Young. He was known as a player who couldnt win the big one. Thats why he even acknowledged the monkey off his back. Kyle has to win to shed the label. I am not evading anything.

Baseball is entirely different. Trout has 12 career at bats in the playoffs. Incomparable.
i'll go out on a limb here, and say we win the SB, and KS puts the nonsense he's a big game choker label, to bed
I give that no credence, you guys might, I don't..

Here's how dumb the logic is, ppl say 'he can't win the big one', okay what's your evidence, 'well he hasn't done it yet'
don't we see the logical failure?, by this logic, nothing can ever be done, as it's not been done before

JG didn't have great 4th qtrs heck neither did our whole team, and again it's easily debunked, as it's basically 3 qtrs of play you are looking at, he wasn't needed in Q4 in all 6 games.. heck Moseley makes a play and he's likely SB MVP, same with Kyle, Freeman executes his block and Kyle goes from choker to genius, but notice he's the same Kyle, regardless of how Freeman decides to execute that one play, only thing that swings is the hot take narrative, not the reality..

Obviously.

It doesnt matter if YOU give it credence, I give it credence, etc. The simple fact of the matter is, perception is reality. And that is how Kyle is perceived.

let us get real, you logically whiff here
ppl can say that's a great rep, or that's a great game, and on the same hand, say, it doesn't define who that player is, both of these can be true at once
I am saying your cherry picked quarter of games in months ending in Y, is not good, but it doesn't define the guy as who he is at all times, either..

Its not cherry picked though. It is the entirety of his playoff career. And its not like people are just picking on Jimmy. They are comparing Jimmy to literally every playoff QB in the last 30 years. Thats not cherry picking.

Again, you claim its a small sample size, yet you had no problem making definitive claims about his play in New England (less than 2 games), or his play in 2017 (5 games). How are you not seeing how hypocritical you are being? Everyone on this board sees it. Time to look in the mirror.
Share 49ersWebzone