There are 201 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
i'll go out on a limb here, and say we win the SB, and KS puts the nonsense he's a big game choker label, to bed
I give that no credence, you guys might, I don't..

Here's how dumb the logic is, ppl say 'he can't win the big one', okay what's your evidence, 'well he hasn't done it yet'
don't we see the logical failure?, by this logic, nothing can ever be done, as it's not been done before

JG didn't have great 4th qtrs heck neither did our whole team, and again it's easily debunked, as it's basically 3 qtrs of play you are looking at, he wasn't needed in Q4 in all 6 games.. heck Moseley makes a play and he's likely SB MVP, same with Kyle, Freeman executes his block and Kyle goes from choker to genius, but notice he's the same Kyle, regardless of how Freeman decides to execute that one play, only thing that swings is the hot take narrative, not the reality..

Obviously.

It doesnt matter if YOU give it credence, I give it credence, etc. The simple fact of the matter is, perception is reality. And that is how Kyle is perceived.

that's the point tho, perception is just perception..
ppl said Bonds was a postseason choker, he then had maybe the best postseason of all time
the narrative or perception, was never accurate
it was a load of nonsense, that ppl without imagination pushed, cuz they couldn't imagine anything other than what was taking place
common sense would tell you, if he can ball in the season, he can ball in the postseason, provided enough sample size to get real data
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
No, flip it around you bring the stat, cuz you can't stand JG
I don't like any 'data' that says this is who someone is, that is derived from 3 qtrs over a near decade long career
as to coaches not having passer rating this reveals your disingenuousness.. coaches certainly have track records, wins and losses, the blown leads certainly apply to Kyle, why do you think he has that KS10 moniker among a few

and again I am consistent, I don't like small sample size judgements in either case, you aren't
you apply the label when it fits your narrative, and shrug it off when it doesn't,

Yet Jimmy was great in NE based on a game and a half.

And he was great in 2017 (5 games). Yet, 6 playoff games isnt a big enough sample size.

This dude has the audacity to talk about being me being inconsistent with arguments, yet he is the most inconsistent poster on this board. Its comical.

let us get real, you logically whiff here
ppl can say that's a great rep, or that's a great game, and on the same hand, say, it doesn't define who that player is, both of these can be true at once
I am saying your cherry picked quarter of games in months ending in Y, is not good, but it doesn't define the guy as who he is at all times, either..

Its not cherry picked though. It is the entirety of his playoff career. And its not like people are just picking on Jimmy. They are comparing Jimmy to literally every playoff QB in the last 30 years. Thats not cherry picking.

Again, you claim its a small sample size, yet you had no problem making definitive claims about his play in New England (less than 2 games), or his play in 2017 (5 games). How are you not seeing how hypocritical you are being? Everyone on this board sees it. Time to look in the mirror.

it's cherry picked to bejeezus and back, again you are literally dialed in on maybe 3 qtrs of real football here, over a career
he looked good in NE, what are the 'definitive claims' let's hear em
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The obsession over this guy who no longer plays for us is absolutely amazing.

Alex Smith says

Joe vs Steve also say
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The Raiders and Cowboys get way more coverage than they deserve based on their records from the last 25 years.

When you make moves like signing Jimmy you deserve ridiculed..

When you hire Josh McDaniel you deserve even more ridicule.

amen, DEN fans know he can't hack it. Just like Hackett. Sometimes you are on staff and Rodgers or Brady is your QB and you look good, that ain't hard

So is Kyle not a good coach? Bc for the most part Jimmy was above average at best here. And not good in the playoffs, and set records for how bad he was in 4th quarter of playoff games.

Is 99% of the media wrong? Are most NFL FO ppl wrong? Are players in the NFL wrong too? Reality sucks I get it

let's not get all twisted into logic pretzels

my point was if you are standing there and a HOF QB is doing his thing, it's easy to look good on the ol resume..
JG ain't a HOFer
also let's not cherry pick your data, 'records for 4th qtr of particular games' there is no such record
do you believe once the quarter went to 4 he just forgot how to play, that's now how any of this works,
small sample also, Mike Trout is a career .083 hitting in the playoffs, course if you tried to push the narrative that that's who he is, you would be mocked

your career defines who you are
he's top 10 in rating all time (career), now take that for what it's worth, but it ain't bad certainly more representative than random qtrs from a small subset of games

McDaniels is a good play caller and they had a ton of talent on offense. Problem is McDaniels has a certain way of attacking defenses and Jimmy couldn't do it. He's a poor HC, players didn't respect him it looks like, but the play calling was fine.

Tbh I only watched two Jimmy games this year, but it was enough to see why Adams would get so pissed. He couldn't hit the sideline throws, back shoulders, deep balls, it was awful.

And there is a record for 4th QT ratings, I didn't make it up lol. Maybe you haven't seen it. But it's the worst in the NFL history. He s**t the bed badly in a couple playoff games in the 4th. Reality>>> your opinion. Falcons SB was somehow was on Kyle and not the defense blowing a 20+ point lead. But a couple posts later you blame the defense for blowing two leads with us. Which is it? Once again you contradict yourself.

As far as Trout goes, he's been to one post season and that was like year one or two lol and it was a first round exit. Last time I checked Jimmy had multiple seasons in the playoffs.

Kyle was amazing at hiding Jimmy and playing to his few strengths. Imagine if we didn't have our yac monsters, it would've been bad for Jimmy.

Alex Smith says

I blame it on a few posters since they just can't let go and admit they were wrong.

Ffs, SD literally called him a franchise QB and said we should give him a 10 year extension. And this was after the Rams lost in the NFCCG

[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Nov 28, 2023 at 3:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The Raiders and Cowboys get way more coverage than they deserve based on their records from the last 25 years.

When you make moves like signing Jimmy you deserve ridiculed..

When you hire Josh McDaniel you deserve even more ridicule.

amen, DEN fans know he can't hack it. Just like Hackett. Sometimes you are on staff and Rodgers or Brady is your QB and you look good, that ain't hard

So is Kyle not a good coach? Bc for the most part Jimmy was above average at best here. And not good in the playoffs, and set records for how bad he was in 4th quarter of playoff games.

Is 99% of the media wrong? Are most NFL FO ppl wrong? Are players in the NFL wrong too? Reality sucks I get it

let's not get all twisted into logic pretzels

my point was if you are standing there and a HOF QB is doing his thing, it's easy to look good on the ol resume..
JG ain't a HOFer
also let's not cherry pick your data, 'records for 4th qtr of particular games' there is no such record
do you believe once the quarter went to 4 he just forgot how to play, that's now how any of this works,
small sample also, Mike Trout is a career .083 hitting in the playoffs, course if you tried to push the narrative that that's who he is, you would be mocked

your career defines who you are
he's top 10 in rating all time (career), now take that for what it's worth, but it ain't bad certainly more representative than random qtrs from a small subset of games

McDaniels is a good play caller and they had a ton of talent on offense. Problem is McDaniels has a certain way of attacking defenses and Jimmy couldn't do it. He's a poor HC, players didn't respect him it looks like, but the play calling was fine.

Tbh I only watched two Jimmy games this year, but it was enough to see why Adams would get so pissed. He couldn't hit the sideline throws, back shoulders, deep balls, it was awful.

And there is a record for 4th QT ratings, I didn't make it up lol. Maybe you haven't seen it. But it's the worst in the NFL history. He s**t the bed badly in a couple playoff games in the 4th. Reality>>> your opinion. Falcons SB was somehow was on Kyle and not the defense blowing a 20+ point lead. But a couple posts later you blame the defense for blowing two leads with us. Which is it? Once again you contradict yourself.

As far as Trout goes, he's been to one post season and that was like year one or two lol and it was a first round exit. Last time I checked Jimmy had multiple seasons in the playoffs.

Kyle was amazing at hiding Jimmy and playing to his few strengths. Imagine if we didn't have our yac monsters, it would've been bad for Jimmy.

McD isn't bad on the x's and o's,
the prob with McD is he's a b, he is shrill, he has no idea how to talk to players, he rubs everyone the wrong way, he's the opposite of a leader of men, they had to do an intervention on him

Adams was ticked the moment Carr his boy from college was cut for zero, (which when you think about is was kinda a predictable reaction, and just maybe, a clown move from McD )

you contradict yourself on the Kyle Q4 point, you fault JG and yet you free pass Kyle, so you lack consistency..
I am consistent, I say 3 qtrs, even in big games, are not representative, the entire career does more justice or is a better representation

KS is an elite HC and playcaller, but let's not get it twisted like anyone can run his stuff, he tried a lot of guys and failed, had to burn 3 ones for a guy who couldn't run the basics of it.
Is 10,000 still reachable?
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

he'll make it, probably in an ambulance,
but he will get it done
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

but he will get it done

I can help.
Originally posted by Giedi:

but he will get it done

I can help.

amen brother, i mean, as long as it's not with the ambulance part

McD isn't bad on the x's and o's,
the prob with McD is he's a b, he is shrill, he has no idea how to talk to players, he rubs everyone the wrong way, he's the opposite of a leader of men, they had to do an intervention on him

Adams was ticked the moment Carr his boy from college was cut for zero, (which when you think about is was kinda a predictable reaction, and just maybe, a clown move from McD )

you contradict yourself on the Kyle Q4 point, you fault JG and yet you free pass Kyle, so you lack consistency..
I am consistent, I say 3 qtrs, even in big games, are not representative, the entire career does more justice or is a better representation

KS is an elite HC and playcaller, but let's not get it twisted like anyone can run his stuff, he tried a lot of guys and failed, had to burn 3 ones for a guy who couldn't run the basics of it.

Unless it's Sam Darnold then 6 games tell the story.

Jimmy career will be remembered as a slightly above average QB who's HC made him look better than he was. That's reality.

Alex Smith says

I blame it on a few posters since they just can't let go and admit they were wrong.

Ffs, SD literally called him a franchise QB and said we should give him a 10 year extension. And this was after the Rams lost in the NFCCG

Now SD is giving Purdy the Jimmy treatment and it scares me

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Alex Smith says

same..

SD was head over heels for
Alex
Herbert
Jimmy
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Alex Smith says

same..

Alex
Herbert
Jimmy

Ain't nothing wrong with liking good QBs. Particularly the ones with SF on the helmet.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Alex Smith says

same..

Alex
Herbert
Jimmy

Ain't nothing wrong with liking good QBs. Particularly the ones with SF on the helmet.
liking is an understatement
Share 49ersWebzone