There are 262 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
2021. Jimmy was 7th in completed air yards per pass attempt. 17th in total air yards. For comparison, in 2022 he fell to 30th in CAY/PA; he didn't qualify in 2020, but he would have ranked 35th. In 2019 he was 16th. 2018 he would have ranked 13th. I don't have numbers for 2017, but he only started 5 games.

I think I remember reading your thread with the rating you created at the time.

In the end there was no way he was the 12th best QB in the league at that time to me, regardless of the stats. Probably more like 15-20.

As I said it was plus or minus a couple. I first had him at 13 but then made a couple adjustments. I think my final was actually 15. But if he was 15, that tells me that that the vast talent on the 49ers offense and the scheme accounts for a couple of ranking places, which makes sense.
Didn't realize it was just a passer rating discussion.

Not fair to Jimmy to compare this way really. He was handcuffed by Kyle's offense and didn't have enough of the rebel gene to tell Kyle to go f himself, like Purdy.

He's just about to single handidly make the Raiders D improve too. Give him more time.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 5, 2023 at 9:16 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Not fair to Jimmy to compare this way really. He was handcuffed by Kyle's offense and didn't have enough of the rebel gene to tell Kyle to go f himself, like Purdy.

He's just about to single handidly make the Raiders D improve too. Give him more time.
there can't be people out in the world who really think Purdy is going against Kyle and making up his own plays..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Why we comparing Jimmy to Purdy? I like Jimmy but Brock is literally one of the best QBs in the league. I mean, you can make Mahomes and Allen look bad in the sane regard.

There's a lot of similarities between Brock and Jimmy, simply because they are the type of QB that Kyle likes in his system. Just that Brock is simply levels above Jimmy at this point in both their careers.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Why we comparing Jimmy to Purdy? I like Jimmy but Brock is literally one of the best QBs in the league. I mean, you can make Mahomes and Allen look bad in the sane regard.

There's a lot of similarities between Brock and Jimmy, simply because they are the type of QB that Kyle likes in his system. Just that Brock is simply levels above Jimmy at this point in both their careers.
If Kyle liked jimmy, jimmy would still be here… and The only similarity they had was being on the same team
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

latest on Jimmy :

"Your sensitive to it, but you're direct. You just nip it in the bud, which we did. We talked about it like grown men," Pierce said his conversation with Garoppolo. "But at the end of the day, Jimmy is on our team. Jimmy's still a captain. Jimmy's still a leader. I'm sure at some point, Jimmy's going to have the ball in his hand again. Things happen. It's the National Football League. You're never going to say, 'It's 100 percent this is how we're going to do it.' Things can happen.

"I'm very appreciative to Jimmy. Since Jimmy has been here, he's done nothing but become a pro and really taught our team to be a pro and also how to win, and when I say win, I'm not talking about on the grass always. I'm talking about in the meeting rooms, how to carry yourself, how to talk, how to handle adverse situations, and that's what I'm proud of."

is the bold a reference, to the bunny ranch?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
latest on Jimmy :

"Your sensitive to it, but you're direct. You just nip it in the bud, which we did. We talked about it like grown men," Pierce said his conversation with Garoppolo. "But at the end of the day, Jimmy is on our team. Jimmy's still a captain. Jimmy's still a leader. I'm sure at some point, Jimmy's going to have the ball in his hand again. Things happen. It's the National Football League. You're never going to say, 'It's 100 percent this is how we're going to do it.' Things can happen.

"I'm very appreciative to Jimmy. Since Jimmy has been here, he's done nothing but become a pro and really taught our team to be a pro and also how to win, and when I say win, I'm not talking about on the grass always. I'm talking about in the meeting rooms, how to carry yourself, how to talk, how to handle adverse situations, and that's what I'm proud of."

not on the grass, but smoking it
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
latest on Jimmy :

he doesn't smoke grass
latest on Jimmy :

he doesn't smoke grass

Okay Jimmy's brother, we'll take your word for it.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
latest on Jimmy :

he doesn't smoke grass

the spin doctors are at it again
today's take, ol Jimmy's a pothead
you never know what they will spin up next
Lol so I just seen the clip of the dude trashing Brock because he only had 100 yards passing and Deebo did all the work and it made me think what a stupid f* argument you guys used to make saying the same thing about Jimmy. Some of you are basically and always have been poor man's Nick Wright. L....o.....l.
Lol so I just seen the clip of the dude trashing Brock because he only had 100 yards passing and Deebo did all the work and it made me think what a stupid f* argument you guys used to make saying the same thing about Jimmy. Some of you are basically and always have been poor man's Nick Wright. L....o.....l.

latest on Jimmy :

he doesn't smoke grass

The lack of self awareness with you is incredible. Lol

I'll say this, there's been very successful 49ers who are massive pot heads that no one would expect.

I was joking but it's just as weird claiming he does smoke to say he doesn't. Unless you're close with the player, there's no way to be sure he's not.
latest on Jimmy :

he doesn't smoke grass

The lack of self awareness with you is incredible. Lol

I'll say this, there's been very successful 49ers who are massive pot heads that no one would expect.

I was joking but it's just as weird claiming he does smoke to say he doesn't. Unless you're close with the player, there's no way to be sure he's not.

'very successful 49er'
-WB in the JG thread
you may be seeing the light yet
Share 49ersWebzone