There are 238 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
He was concussed! He was concussed!
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Any fan that thought the 9ers were gonna beat the Chiefs scoring 20 points and the Rams scoring 17 are lying.

Said this before, but if I knew before the game that the Niners would score 20, without knowing what the Chiefs had, I wouldn't have even watched.

I lost a decently sized bet on over 26.5 for the Niners team total.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Said this before, but if I knew before the game that the Niners would score 20, without knowing what the Chiefs had, I wouldn't have even watched.

I lost a decently sized bet on over 26.5 for the Niners team total.

Yah. Same with rams game. That secondary included a guy the Rams signed a few weeks before playoffs because the safety play was so bad. No reason the 9ers shouldn't have put 30+. Yet somehow not holding the rams to 16 was on the D.
Yah. Same with rams game. That secondary included a guy the Rams signed a few weeks before playoffs because the safety play was so bad. No reason the 9ers shouldn't have put 30+. Yet somehow not holding the rams to 16 was on the D.

I know a reason they didn't put up 30+…….
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
bizarre to me up 2 scores in the 4th and we put that on the QB
we are a complementary team, D, ground game etc,
with the 2 score final frame lead, you typically don't ask the QB to do much
so basically he had to start 19/21, then he had to turn it up from there, and shred KC in Q4.. seems like a big ask, I mean that's something I might expect Brady or Mahomes to do, not Jimmy..

That's because you're making a general argument, not addressing the opponent or what actually happened in detail.. Again, Jimmy was bad in the 4th quarter of that game. His performance individually was not acceptable whether the team wins or loses. We also had issues with playcalling and execution and obviously in spots on defense. The point being you work to fix those things and for us that eventually meant getting better at the position, especially with more evidence that he wasn't growing.

Trent Dilfer was cut after winning the Super Bowl. That's because he wasn't good enough even in a win.

JG started 19/21 I believe, Trent finished 12/25. One guy got carried to the ring, the other guy put in the work, thru 3 qtrs, had a hand in bldg the lead. That's my interpretation. Go back to 2021, JG week 18 drive for the season, with like 90 secs remaining. Against an eventual World Champ D, on the road. We won that year, vs the two SB teams, both road games. So he was capable of having a hand in beating any team, any venue, now again Tartt effing us in the critical moment, KS also with the plus territory punt, but we were good enough to win 2 rings, just didn't happen.

Yeah, Jim Kelly and the Bills -- >0-4 in super bowls. Jimmy ---> 0-2. So half a Hall of famer.
Any fan that thought the 9ers were gonna beat the Chiefs scoring 20 points and the Rams scoring 17 are lying.

Kyle's fault and the defense. I say we fire Kyle and cut everyone on defense and bring back Jimmy. SB guaranteed!!

-faithful
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Kyle's fault and the defense. I say we fire Kyle and cut everyone on defense and bring back Jimmy. SB guaranteed!!

-faithful

Kyle signed those players... so he's to blame for Tartt dropping the pick, Jimmy overthrowing Sanders, Jimmy throwing a pick behind his head vs the Rams, our secondary letting Hill convert a 3rd and forever. /s

-faithful
we lost out, guess we will have to watch jimmy win SBs in Vegas

-faithful

You guys are silly lol. This is typical QB gets the credit and blame, mentality. Football is a lil more nuanced, complicated, than that. There are other factors involved. I know each and every one of you when the clock rolled over into Q4 and we are up 10 in the SB on the Quest for Six, that's where you want to be. Just need your D, ST, run game, to seal the deal. We had a KS run game, and Mostert. Look at Mostert he has 14 TDs this year, 5.1 YPC. Look at him vs GB. So we needed some of that juice in the SB Q4. He had 29 carries I think vs GB, then 12 in the SB. What happened?

-faithful

You guys are silly lol. This is typical QB gets the credit and blame, mentality. Football is a lil more nuanced, complicated, than that. There are other factors involved. I know each and every one of you when the clock rolled over into Q4 and we are up 10 in the SB on the Quest for Six, that's where you want to be. Just need your D, ST, run game, to seal the deal. We had a KS run game, and Mostert. Look at Mostert he has 14 TDs this year, 5.1 YPC. Look at him vs GB. So we needed some of that juice in the SB Q4. He had 29 carries I think vs GB, then 12 in the SB. What happened?
RM got stuffed in the 4th qtr, because KC had to stop the run and they did

When D/ST can't win you the game, Do you think the QB doesn't need to step up ?

Did Joe Montana take a seat in the 4th Qtr of a SB ?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

-faithful

Again, you see JG as Montana, I don't. Let's get back into the universe known as, reality.

Without that HOF QB, you win with ground game, D, HC, ST, aka complementary football. 10 point lead and a KS run game, plus an elite D should = SB ring.

Consider KC put up 9 points vs Tampa in the full game in that SB. So a 10 point lead would have held up for 4 quarters vs Tampa, even with the O scoring 0. Didn't hold up for 1 quarter for us. JG could have had a better 4th, but he shouldn't have needed to do anything in the 4th, other than follow the script from the NFCCG.

-faithful

Again, you see JG as Montana, I don't. Let's get back into the universe known as, reality.

Without that HOF QB, you win with ground game, D, HC, ST, aka complementary football. 10 point lead and a KS run game, plus an elite D should = SB ring.

Consider KC put up 9 points vs Tampa in the full game in that SB. So a 10 point lead would have held up for 4 quarters vs Tampa, even with the O scoring 0. Didn't hold up for 1 quarter for us. JG could have had a better 4th, but he shouldn't have needed to do anything in the 4th, other than follow the script from the NFCCG.
Where did i say JG is Joe ? lol stop spinning everything

Just answer the question. Do you believe the QB doesn't need to play anymore if the D/ST can't hold the lead, Yes or No ?

-faithful

Just answer the question. Do you believe the QB doesn't need to play anymore if the D/ST can't hold the lead, Yes or No ?

You said Joe did it, so JG should be able to, but they aren't in the same universe..

I am saying we need the D (and run game) to hold that lead. Look at you guys, this idea of late game, up 2 scores and that's time for JG to cook?. Only in fantasy land.

-faithful

Just answer the question.

You said Joe did it, so JG should be able to, but they aren't in the same universe..

I am saying we need the D (and run game) to hold that lead. Look at you guys, this idea of late game, up 2 scores and that's time for JG to cook?. Only in fantasy land.
stop spinning and answer the question

Do you believe that the QB doesn't need to play anymore if the D/ST can't hold the lead, Yes or No ?
Jimmy put up 27 3 weeks before. Didn't need to be Joe Montana.

It's not a fair ask of the defense to expect them to hold an elite offense under 20. It is a fair ask to have your qb dominate a mediocre back 7.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 7, 2023 at 2:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone