Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
so basically he has to be 21/21 to start and targeting more intermediate / deep
sounds highly realistic

I'll take 14/21 if he's hitting passes that matter. 6-8 on 3rd down instead of 3-8.

Is it realistic to expect the D to hold KC under 20?

TB won the SB held em to 9. We gave up 21 in the most critical quarter.

A Bronco team that got lit up for 70 held em to 9. Can be done.
yup TB won the game, he didn't sit and stop playing QB

lol, JG would have too, KC scored 9, JG cleared that bar. TB D did a whole let better than we did. They got to mock Hill put the peace sign right in his face
nope TB didn't stop after 3 qtrs ..its the reason why the defense played like they did
sounds highly realistic

I'll take 14/21 if he's hitting passes that matter. 6-8 on 3rd down instead of 3-8.

Yes because the Chiefs offense this year is the same as the 2019 offense.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Why we comparing Jimmy to Purdy? I like Jimmy but Brock is literally one of the best QBs in the league. I mean, you can make Mahomes and Allen look bad in the sane regard.

There's a lot of similarities between Brock and Jimmy, simply because they are the type of QB that Kyle likes in his system. Just that Brock is simply levels above Jimmy at this point in both their careers.
If Kyle liked jimmy, jimmy would still be here… and The only similarity they had was being on the same team

The only reason Kyle drafted Trey was because of Jimmy's durability issues. Rocket Armed and mobile QB Trey isn't here either, and Kyle spent 3 first round picks on Trey. Kyle liked both Trey and Jimmy, but they aren't here. Purdy's just a generational talent. Jimmy is a good QB. Won a ton of games for the 49ers. Kyle kept Jimmy until his contract ran out, vs cutting him like Kyle's cut other players before their contract was up (TDP). Purdy is that QB Lotto draft pick that Hall of fame coaches get before they become hall of fame coaches. Jimmy is a NFC Championship QB, and super bowl level QB.

Ya for sure, he spent 3 first round picks on Lance because he has a better bone structure 😂

Keep telling yourself that.

No, thats what Kyle told us.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Ironic that complementary football means doing better than all but one Chiefs opponent while the offense scores less than 10 opponents. All while paying Jimmy the most money of any player on the 2019 team.
sounds highly realistic

Realize if you go by DVOA, the greatest O of all time, I don't think it's even close.. got held to 14 in a SB.
Realize if you go by DVOA, the greatest O of all time, I don't think it's even close.. got held to 14 in a SB.

So the complimentary performance you were expecting from the defense was an all time one?

So the complimentary performance you were expecting from the defense was an all time one?

I think it's complementary. Complimentary is free breakfast like croissants and coffee.

I'm just refuting the (false) narrative that you need to get in a shootout to beat Mahomes. If that 07 Pats team can be stopped, so can any team. Heck we had em thru 3 quarters, what changed? not asking for an all time performance, just asking for a 2 score late lead to hold up

on the mention of all time stuff, welp here ya go:

Most points, 4th quarter, team
SB record

and of course, that's on Jimmy, he didn't get out there and play LB
This guy is not only a 49er anymore, but isn't even a starting qb anymore. Lol how the eff is this thread so active.

this might be the best thing for jimmys body lmao he wasn't going to last the whole year anyways
sounds highly realistic

Yeah but wasn't essentially the entire o line hurt in that super bowl for the chiefs? And the entire d line super healthy and available for the Bucs?

bucs had an all star team thay year and they had health on their side.

Originally posted by tankle104:
sounds highly realistic

Yeah but wasn't essentially the entire o line hurt in that super bowl for the chiefs? And the entire d line super healthy and available for the Bucs?

You're supposed to be on my side tank
This guy is not only a 49er anymore, but isn't even a starting qb anymore. Lol how the eff is this thread so active.

this might be the best thing for jimmys body lmao he wasn't going to last the whole year anyways

it's called the Quest for 10K
sounds highly realistic

You're supposed to be on my side tank

I like jimmy. I also don't solely blame him for that loss but I also feel like he didn't do enough.

i feel like if we had Brock for that superboel and rams NFCC - we would of won because Jimmy was a statue and got sacked relatively easily when the pocket collapsed. Brock is much more mobile and effective in those situations - as we can see from his play with this years o line
I hope the situation isn't too weird for Jimmy over there in Vegas. Things aren't weird here, that's for sure. Turns out having better qb play solved a lot of the problems.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
It drives me crazy that the "stats don't matter only wins" crew continually point to 19 for 21 to start the game.

Completions don't win ball games. I couldn't care less that Jimmy went 19 for 21 to start the game. He missed big plays all game long. That's why looking at completion percentage/completions in a vacuum don't tell the story about how well a QB plays.

Yeah he missed Sanders deep. Plays like the following piss me off much more, in spite of the pass being completed:

Jimmy is one of the main reasons we were only up 10 points in the 4th.

Zero chance Kyle wanted that throw to Coleman made. Jimmy predetermined where he was going with the ball at the snap and didn't read the D.

sounds highly realistic

Nah, basically your reading comprehension is questionable, like always. Neither of us said that. Smfh.
Share 49ersWebzone