LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
some weird point totals going on in Vegas

Agree, but Nick Mullens looked decent as a QB. Still in the NFL, holy cow!
Mulley owns the raiders lol
3-3 this season and I think he gives you more than 3 pts so that would be 4-3, most likely
wonder if they go back to Jimmy
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
3-3 this season and I think he gives you more than 3 pts so that would be 4-3, most likely

After that game vs Minnesota, how could you not go back to Jimmy. Also Davante Adams, muther f**ker is one of the biggest babies I've seen this season at WR.

If Antonio Pierce wants to remain the head coach he'll go back to Jimmy G.. but then again, its not really your job yet so why not try another QB out!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

After that game vs Minnesota, how could you not go back to Jimmy. Also Davante Adams, muther f**ker is one of the biggest babies I've seen this season at WR.

If Antonio Pierce wants to remain the head coach he'll go back to Jimmy G.. but then again, its not really your job yet so why not try another QB out!!!

Man, do they hate Jimmy that much?

Granted that Lions game was bad, but damn it's not like he had 20 of those games.

Even Russell Wilson has had games that make that seem like nothing (Wilson against Green Bay is worse than any Garoppolo game against anyone).....
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Granted that Lions game was bad, but damn it's not like he had 20 of those games.

Even Russell Wilson has had games that make that seem like nothing (Wilson against Green Bay is worse than any Garoppolo game against anyone).....

Its not that they hate Jimmy. Much like a lot of us fans who were accused of "hating" for years didnt "hate" Jimmy. There is just a lot more that goes into who should be starting than simply picking the guy who might be the best option for that specific point in time.

I would argue that Jimmy has absolutely zero future as a Raider, so what would be the point in playing him even if he is some degree better than the guy they have starting?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Its not that they hate Jimmy. Much like a lot of us fans who were accused of "hating" for years didnt "hate" Jimmy. There is just a lot more that goes into who should be starting than simply picking the guy who might be the best option for that specific point in time.

I would argue that Jimmy has absolutely zero future as a Raider, so what would be the point in playing him even if he is some degree better than the guy they have starting?

JG: 3-3
non JG Raider QBs: 2-5

Your line of thinking is when a team is eliminated from playoff contention
LV has lost 3 straight but still not eliminated, and if they played JG I bet they are no longer on a losing streak, more in the playoff picture. He gives you more than 3 pts.

LV has lost 3 straight but still not eliminated, and if they played JG I bet they are no longer on a losing streak, more in the playoff picture. He gives you more than 3 pts.

Not interested in hypotheticals.

Simple fact that myself and others have been saying for years (and mocked by posters like you), is that there is a lot more that goes into who the starter is than who is the best player at that current time. Clearly the Raiders have turned the page, regardless of whether they are still playoff contention or not. A level of reality must be taken into account here. The Raiders have a better record than one AFC team currently.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Dec 12, 2023 at 12:30 PM ]
Not interested in hypotheticals.

Simple fact that myself and others have been saying for years (and mocked by posters like you), is that there is a lot more that goes into who the starter is than who is the best player at that current time. Clearly the Raiders have turned the page, regardless of whether they are still playoff contention or not. A level of reality must be taken into account here. The Raiders have a better record than one AFC team currently.

It's true, but obviously there is no comparison between the current Raiders situation and the '21-'22 Niners, which is the context for those discussions. Can't one-size-fits-all the reasoning behind specific arguments.

lol..now he's not washed up and broken down ...

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

IMO that is, if you pay'em, play'em. Everybody and their mama is looking for the next Brock Purdy, its just not happening guys!!!

As for Pierce, if you want to keep that job, you find a way to win. And right now O'Connell just ain't it!!!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

He could be in a legit wheelchair and get you more than 3 pts lol

legit?, he can't even do it standing up
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 12, 2023 at 1:49 PM ]

legit?, he can't even do it standing up

that is pure fiction, he got more than 3 in all the Raider games
one of these days you gotta teach me the art of the spin, oh great Spin Doctor
Jimmy is seen as McDaniels' guy and that is playing a part in not going back to him.
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 12, 2023 at 2:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone