LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by captveg:
Jimmy is seen as McDaniels' guy and that is playing a part in not going back to him.

Truth
Jimmy is seen as McDaniels' guy and that is playing a part in not going back to him.

It's the play, lol. He was really bad. Frustrate your teammates level bad.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

It's the play, lol. He was really bad. Frustrate your teammates level bad.

That is also playing a part, but O'Connell isn't exactly removing that frustration, either.
That is also playing a part, but O'Connell isn't exactly removing that frustration, either.

They're pretty close from an efficiency standpoint and AOC throws picks at nearly half the rate. Plus there's room for him to grow. He looked like a viable player in preseason.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Its not that they hate Jimmy. Much like a lot of us fans who were accused of "hating" for years didnt "hate" Jimmy. There is just a lot more that goes into who should be starting than simply picking the guy who might be the best option for that specific point in time.

I would argue that Jimmy has absolutely zero future as a Raider, so what would be the point in playing him even if he is some degree better than the guy they have starting?

JG: 3-3
non JG Raider QBs: 2-5

Your line of thinking is when a team is eliminated from playoff contention
LV has lost 3 straight but still not eliminated, and if they played JG I bet they are no longer on a losing streak, more in the playoff picture. He gives you more than 3 pts.
lol..now he's not washed up and broken down ...

He could be in a legit wheelchair and get you more than 3 pts lol
legit?, he can't even do it standing up

that is pure fiction, he got more than 3 in all the Raider games
one of these days you gotta teach me the art of the spin, oh great Spin Doctor
fiction is saying he can score in a wheelchair lol

Truth
talk about spin.. lol
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

They're pretty close from an efficiency standpoint and AOC throws picks at nearly half the rate. Plus there's room for him to grow. He looked like a viable player in preseason.

0 points but an efficient 0
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
0 points but an efficient 0

Lol. It's one game and he isn't a good player anyway.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Its not that they hate Jimmy. Much like a lot of us fans who were accused of "hating" for years didnt "hate" Jimmy. There is just a lot more that goes into who should be starting than simply picking the guy who might be the best option for that specific point in time.

I would argue that Jimmy has absolutely zero future as a Raider, so what would be the point in playing him even if he is some degree better than the guy they have starting?

JG: 3-3
non JG Raider QBs: 2-5

Your line of thinking is when a team is eliminated from playoff contention
LV has lost 3 straight but still not eliminated, and if they played JG I bet they are no longer on a losing streak, more in the playoff picture. He gives you more than 3 pts.
lol..now he's not washed up and broken down ...

He could be in a legit wheelchair and get you more than 3 pts lol
legit?, he can't even do it standing up

that is pure fiction, he got more than 3 in all the Raider games
one of these days you gotta teach me the art of the spin, oh great Spin Doctor

Woah that's pretty damn impressive.
3-3 this season and I think he gives you more than 3 pts so that would be 4-3, most likely
wonder if they go back to Jimmy

He was so good that they benched him, obviously they couldn't handle all that winning.

Dude also beat some really impressive teams even though they barely won and were low scoring games

Week 1 against the Broncos who definitely weren't get laughed at during the first month of the season. Then he singlehandedly beat the Packers with his 1TD performance, while also forcing Love to throw 3 picks and 0 TDs.

Then of course against everyone's SB favorites this year, the Patriots.

All jokes aside, we can't blame Jimmy. The guy broke his foot last season. That's a career ending injury for most people especially at the ripe old age of 31. He's lucky to even be playing. It's basically on par with what Alex Smith went through..
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Dec 12, 2023 at 10:46 PM ]

I thought O'Connell had something special about him..guess I may have been wrong. 🤷‍♂️
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
3-3 this season and I think he gives you more than 3 pts so that would be 4-3, most likely

He was so good that they benched him, obviously they couldn't handle all that winning.

Dude also beat some really impressive teams even though they barely won and were low scoring games

Week 1 against the Broncos who definitely weren't get laughed at during the first month of the season. Then he singlehandedly beat the Packers with his 1TD performance, while also forcing Love to throw 3 picks and 0 TDs.

All jokes aside, we can't blame Jimmy. The guy broke his foot last season. That's a career ending injury for most people especially at the ripe old age of 31. He's lucky to even be playing. It's basically on par with what Alex Smith went through..

Agree, and there's that back issue that he had to go to the emergency room, I believe, earlier in the year. All his accumulated injuries are adding up to degrade his ability. he's 32 right now and 70+ million richer since last year. He doesn't need to play to have a great life right now. I'd be surprised if he played past 35.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Agree, and there's that back issue that he had to go to the emergency room, I believe, earlier in the year. All his accumulated injuries are adding up to degrade his ability. he's 32 right now and 70+ million richer since last year. He doesn't need to play to have a great life right now. I'd be surprised if he played past 35.

Jimmy wasn't playing well and his health was/is an issue. He was most likely a McDaniel guy too.

when they scrapped mcdaniels, they scrapped the qb plan too. So seems like they're trying to figure out what they have in their young guys or if they're going to need to find someone this off season.

it's really not the worst plan. It's throwing away the season but they're trying to figure out what they have at the most important position, and have already made the decision that jimmy isn't the long term answer.

i think jimmys contract is pretty friendly in dead cap, too. I'm not 100% about that though. I just remember it being adjusted when his foot wasn't healed
Share 49ersWebzone