LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Looks like raiders will owe jimmy $28M next year and then $12M the following year.

maybe their plan is to get him healthy and use him as a bridge qb next year? Idk.

i could see New England trading for him though, depending on who their coach is next season. Or where belichick ends up

i also think there is an aspect of "injury guarantees". So not playin him makes it so they can move off of him easier. He's almost guaranteed to get hurt. Lol
[ Edited by tankle104 on Dec 13, 2023 at 6:16 AM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Looks like raiders will owe jimmy $28M next year and then $12M the following year.

maybe their plan is to get him healthy and use him as a bridge qb next year? Idk.

i could see New England trading for him though, depending on who their coach is next season. Or where belichick ends up

i also think there is an aspect of "injury guarantees". So not playin him makes it so they can move off of him easier. He's almost guaranteed to get hurt. Lol

this is a big reason why he may not see the field again
Jimmy will move into permanent backup QB territory next season.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Jimmy will move into permanent backup QB territory next season.

He may simply hang it up. If he wants to keep playing Rams make sense. He did well vs LAR, McVay runs similar stuff, Stafford always misses a game here and there.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

That and he was throwing picks at an ungodly rate.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

yeah he's not as good as he used to be, still..
he was 3-3
others were/are 2-5

they just lost 3-0. I think if winning was the primary they would play him. They want to see what they have in AOC, prior to getting into the offseason and making a QB decision via trade, FA, or draft.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

yeah he's not as good as he used to be, still..
he was 3-3
others were/are 2-5

they just lost 3-0. I think if winning was the primary they would play him. They want to see what they have in AOC, prior to getting into the offseason and making a QB decision via trade, FA, or draft.

Im not making excuses for jimmy, but I wonder if he was ever 100% healthy. I wonder if he's been hanging on and playing through stuff but once mcdaniels was gone - they didn't want his injuries to guarantee him more than they owe him already and see what O'Connell can do.

i liked the way O'Connell looked during the Pre season

at this point, Jimmy has made like $150M - he's super fragile, I could see him just retiring with his health in solid shape. Maybe he decides to be a backup or bridge qb somewhere but who knows.
Im not making excuses for jimmy, but I wonder if he was ever 100% healthy. I wonder if he's been hanging on and playing through stuff but once mcdaniels was gone - they didn't want his injuries to guarantee him more than they owe him already and see what O'Connell can do.

at this point, Jimmy has made like $150M - he's super fragile, I could see him just retiring with his health in solid shape. Maybe he decides to be a backup or bridge qb somewhere but who knows.

Anyone who is saying this, or claiming he is washed up, is 100% making excuses for him. Did you watch his games at all? Velocity of passes were normal. Strength of arm was normal. Footspeed was normal. Mobility was normal. (And when I say normal, I mean the same as it has been the past few years).

His problem clearly was not that his skills were eroding. He was making the exact same mistakes he made as a 49er, just at a much higher frequency.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Anyone who is saying this, or claiming he is washed up, is 100% making excuses for him. Did you watch his games at all? Velocity of passes were normal. Strength of arm was normal. Footspeed was normal. Mobility was normal. (And when I say normal, I mean the same as it has been the past few years).

His problem clearly was not that his skills were eroding. He was making the exact same mistakes he made as a 49er, just at a much higher frequency.
just adding to this...

it was Kyles fault..
jimmy never loses.. it the rest of the teams fault
now it's health's fault
and now jimmy would win if playing

lol some of you guys need to look in the mirror before posting
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 13, 2023 at 10:57 AM ]

This… and Jimmy's arm and mobility actually looks better to me than in previous seasons.

I think you don't appreciate the impact major injuries and the surg they require has on a guy. Colts cut Shaq Leonard, guy went from All Pro to pretty darn washed. Dalvin Cook washed up, after his shoulder was very jacked and a lot of surg. Injuries took a toll on these guys.

I think you don't appreciate the impact major injuries and the surg they require has on a guy. Colts cut Shaq Leonard, guy went from All Pro to pretty darn washed. Dalvin Cook washed up, after his shoulder was very jacked and a lot of surg. Injuries took a toll on these guys.

Yes, Faithful. You have tried to push this narrative all season long but have yet to provide any evidence (or even hints of) why what you are saying is true. Everything you are saying could be accurate in theory, but none of it is accurate in reality. If it was, you would see a clear deterioration of his skills. Any objective fan has not seen this. You are just making excuses for him, which I suppose has been par for the course the last 5 or so years.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
just adding to this...

it was Kyles fault..
now it's health's fault

if you don't like the personnel move, decision, talk to the GM, that's the part where your crowd takes the L
they want to blame Jimmy and not the guy who traded for him and paid him, Shanalynch in some combination..
Now I think Jimmy did well for us, and if you don't think JG would have gotten the Raiders over the line, the line being 3 points, well he's done that in every game
has he ever been shutout, ever?
For the record, Dalvin Cook IS washed. And you can prove this because his burst isnt what it was, he is easier to bring down, etc.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
just adding to this...

it was Kyles fault..
now it's health's fault

if you don't like the personnel move, decision, talk to the GM, that's the part where your crowd takes the L
they want to blame Jimmy and not the guy who traded for him and paid him, Shanalynch in some combination..
Now I think Jimmy did well for us, and if you don't think JG would have gotten the Raiders over the line, the line being 3 points, well he's done that in every game
has he ever been shutout, ever?
what ?
Share 49ersWebzone