LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Wish they would at least play Jimmy tonight to give me some reason to watch this game. Otherwise it looks like a snoozefest.

Still wouldn't watch the s**t show but would be funny watching him get benched again.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Took a 1-9 team and made it 5-0 in 2017.

Made it to two NFC CGs.

Got dethroned by a generational QB.

Got paid 70+ million by his new team.

Got dethroned by Trey actually

Rather got *injured* a lot.

The Niners made it clear they were ready to move on from Garoppolo when they traded three first-round picks and a third-round choice to move up nine spots in the draft for Lance. There were multiple reasons, but at the top of the list was Garoppolo's injury history.
https://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/40570/with-the-jimmy-garoppolo-san-francisco-49ers-hourglass-nearly-out-of-sand-whats-next

Made it to two NFC CGs.

Literally never happened

Made it to two NFC CGs.

Rather got *injured* a lot.

The Niners made it clear they were ready to move on from Garoppolo when they traded three first-round picks and a third-round choice to move up nine spots in the draft for Lance. There were multiple reasons, but at the top of the list was Garoppolo's injury history.
https://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/40570/with-the-jimmy-garoppolo-san-francisco-49ers-hourglass-nearly-out-of-sand-whats-next
an ESPN story is not the 49ers and definetly not the truth.

Injury history wouldn't create the animosity between the two parties

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 14, 2023 at 11:29 AM ]
I like Jimmy he brought solid qb play after disappointing and abysmal results from the position since Steve Young and Jeff Garcia. However Purdy is way better, and Jimmy sucked with the dumpster fire Raiders. I'd feel a little bad had he not called the 49ers situation "weird" (then go to the Raiders of all team) and say Las Vegas was a better city than San Francisco
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Dec 14, 2023 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
I like Jimmy he brought solid qb play after disappointing and abysmal results from the position since Steve Young and Jeff Garcia. However Purdy is way better, and Jimmy sucked with the dumpster fire Raiders. I'd feel a little bad had he not called the 49ers situation "weird" (then go to the Raiders of all team) and say Las Vegas was a better city than San Francisco

He had the best "49ers" career of any QB since Young.

But if we're being honest, and I'm sure some won't be, he was never as good as Garcia. Kaepernick was the better player in the playoffs and had a higher peak with the 49ers, and Alex Smith had better seasons with the Chiefs than Jimmy had with SF.

Again, I think it's fair to say all of those things, while acknowledging Jimmy had the most success from a team and longevity perspective.

But it was weird, even KS was asked and said it was kinda weird, then he said it wasn't weird maybe unusual.. but that's kinda the same thing. Drafting some guy not worthy of the NFL for 3 ones was pretty weird. Having pick 262 in the MVP race is also weird / unusual. That's why you gotta love the NFL, you never know what's coming next..

I don't feel bad for JG, he's got 2 rings, near $200m, a SB appearance, a FedEx Air Player of the Week (nominee) or two, top 10 all time rated, it's a good career
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

But it was weird, even KS was asked and said it was kinda weird, then he said it wasn't weird maybe unusual.. but that's kinda the same thing. Drafting some guy not worthy of the NFL for 3 ones was pretty weird. Having pick 262 in the MVP race is also weird / unusual. That's why you gotta love the NFL, you never know what's coming next..

I don't feel bad for JG, he's got 2 rings, near $200m, a SB appearance, a FedEx Air Player of the Week (nominee) or two, top 10 all time rated, it's a good career
Pumping up a FedEx player of the week nominee. I'd say I was surprised but I am not. Smh
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Pumping up a FedEx player of the week nominee. I'd say I was surprised but I am not. Smh
from FEPOTW to the towel boy.. sad

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

where does the sad part come in, I'm having a hard time with that
this is how careers go, you start as a prospect, you develop and earn your way to a QB1, and you have your time, it's no longer his time, he's past his time and prime

this is how careers go, you start as a prospect, you develop and earn your way to a QB1, and you have your time, it's no longer his time, he's past his time and prime
never really had his time.. thats the sad part

You said that about Russell Wilson too and he's played well this year with better coaching.

Shocking you don't see the irony.

I know this was dropped in the Ward thread, but seems like it should he here, lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I know this was dropped in the Ward thread, but seems like it should he here, lol.
they knew to gameplan like that because jimmy is washed up and broken down
Share 49ersWebzone