LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Again I'm not disagreeing with your point that Russ isn't playing good to great. Waterbear's point was that Russ is playing better with better coaching, which is undeniably true. He also said Russ was playing 'well', which is a very general word open to some intepretation.

I'm disagreeing with your claim that the Broncos are winning because of their defense… because their offense has been decent throughout the year and their defense was comically bad early. They're finally pulling their weight is about the best case you could make.

I also just think the whole point is odd because I wouldn't jump to team results necessarily when someone is trying to make an argument about how a qb is playing. This is kind of the crux of the problems in any Jimmy argument.

And unfortunately, the person you are arguing with flip flops on wins vs. stats depending on the QB in question.

i just watch football, and enjoy sharing or putting into words what I am seeing
JG got to SF and we started winning, meanwhile Russ went to DEN and has been awful, this is common sense pretty much everywhere, but sometimes on the fan sites, stuff gets distorted, but in NFL circles, ppl know what I am talking about. Credit to Sean P for squeezing more out of the lemon that is washed up Russ, he's mostly doing it by asking him to do less, or at least throw less. If he could win with Russ throwing 19 times, he would, and has.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
JG got to SF and we started winning, meanwhile Russ went to DEN and has been awful, this is common sense pretty much everywhere, but sometimes on the fan sites, stuff gets distorted, but in NFL circles, ppl know what I am talking about. Credit to Sean P for squeezing more out of the lemon that is washed up Russ, he's mostly doing it by asking him to do less, or at least throw less. If he could win with Russ throwing 19 times, he would, and has.

Now you're taking the Russ point to the extreme. He was awful last season. He's been alright this year. Basically the Broncos from last season to this one replaced a backup tier quarterback with an average starter… which coincidentally is the same thing that happened in SF.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Now you're taking the Russ point to the extreme. He was awful last season. He's been alright this year. Basically the Broncos from last season to this one replaced a backup tier quarterback with an average starter… which coincidentally is the same thing that happened in SF.

Its a JG thread but one point about the midget Russ, last year he had a horrible OC that asked him to do things he couldnt even do at his prime... stand in the pocket or more likely shotgun, read a defense and deliver the ball on time without moving too much. That was NEVER his game yet they wouldnt budge to what he actually did well.

Peyton tried the same thing early with him by putting his offense on Russ rather than including Russ into his offense where he wasnt complete sh*t but he wasnt very good either. So SP switched up a bunch of things and gave him the Jake Plummer treatment. PA's, screens & Roll outs are where he found himself again in their recent success. I hate RW as much as anyone else but he wasnt the reason they were so bad early THIS year and once they scrapped half the defense and limited the play book to Jake Plummer status he has excelled and now he gets to run around again and heave back yard passes to Sutton for big gains while hitting jeudy on crosses with a fast AF rookie RB in the screen game and a power RB to keep defenses honest.

Source: I live in CO and have to suffer through every Bronco snap on friends tv's while watching niners game on my phone when they play at the same time.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Dec 14, 2023 at 4:36 PM ]
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Its a JG thread but one point about the midget Russ, last year he had a horrible OC that asked him to do things he couldnt even do at his prime... stand in the pocket or more likely shotgun, read a defense and deliver the ball on time without moving too much. That was NEVER his game yet they wouldnt budge to what he actually did well.

Peyton tried the same thing early with him by putting his offense on Russ rather than including Russ into his offense where he wasnt complete sh*t but he wasnt very good either. So SP switched up a bunch of things and gave him the Jake Plummer treatment. PA's, screens & Roll outs are where he found himself again in their recent success. I hate RW as much as anyone else but he wasnt the reason they were so bad early THIS year and once they scrapped half the defense and limited the play book to Jake Plummer status he has excelled and now he gets to run around again and heave back yard passes to Sutton for big gains while hitting jeudy on crosses with a fast AF rookie RB in the screen game and a power RB to keep defenses honest.

Source: I live in CO and have to suffer through every Bronco snap on friends tv's while watching niners game on my phone when they play at the same time.

Great post. Appreciate the breakdown of play and not just a stat comparison.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Took a 1-9 team and made it 5-0 in 2017.

Made it to two NFC CGs.

Got dethroned by a generational QB.

Got paid 70+ million by his new team.

Got dethroned by Trey actually

Rather got *injured* a lot.

The Niners made it clear they were ready to move on from Garoppolo when they traded three first-round picks and a third-round choice to move up nine spots in the draft for Lance. There were multiple reasons, but at the top of the list was Garoppolo's injury history.
https://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/40570/with-the-jimmy-garoppolo-san-francisco-49ers-hourglass-nearly-out-of-sand-whats-next
an ESPN story is not the 49ers and definetly not the truth.

Injury history wouldn't create the animosity between the two parties

What Kyle actually said:

"Fuken smile now b!tch! try to smile right now b!tch!"
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Made it to two NFC CGs.

Rather got *injured* a lot.

The Niners made it clear they were ready to move on from Garoppolo when they traded three first-round picks and a third-round choice to move up nine spots in the draft for Lance. There were multiple reasons, but at the top of the list was Garoppolo's injury history.
https://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/40570/with-the-jimmy-garoppolo-san-francisco-49ers-hourglass-nearly-out-of-sand-whats-next
an ESPN story is not the 49ers and definetly not the truth.

Injury history wouldn't create the animosity between the two parties

What Kyle actually said:

"Fuken smile now b!tch! try to smile right now b!tch!"
that is pure fiction, he got more than 3 in all the Raider games
one of these days you gotta teach me the art of the spin, oh great Spin Doctor

So after they posted 63 without Jimmy tonight,...what's the new "fallback"...??
yeah he's not ̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ in Shanahan's offense anymore, still..

Fixed
Originally posted by tankle104:
Im not making excuses for jimmy, but I wonder if he was ever 100% healthy.

Yes. He was. And it didnt look good. He's had the same limitations in his game whether healthy or unhealthy.
what nonsense, you saw the evidence, he didn't participate in the 2022 offseason, that's evidence. he didn't do the 2023 offseason, that's evidence. i can point to scars he has, that's evidence.

Ok. I 100% believe you but let's keep these discussions SFW
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 14, 2023 at 9:29 PM ]

Made it to two NFC CGs.

lol this one was good
Raiders score the most points in franchise history and they did it with Jimmy on the roster. Goes to show again how great Jimmy is.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Raiders score the most points in franchise history and they did it with Jimmy on the roster. Goes to show again how great Jimmy is.

Chargers are tanking and that's obvious. No Herbert. No curr.

Jimmy probably helped with the playbook this week.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Chargers are tanking and that's obvious. No Herbert. No curr.

They were still losing that game Herbert.
Share 49ersWebzone