LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
And Cousins has never ever had success in a single important metric. This isnt rocket science either.

Umm, yes he has. Though I don't know what you think is an important metric. You seem to only be able to argue team success. There's nothing else there.

You should know your understanding is f**ked when you can use the same reasoning to argue Mark Sanchez was better than Tom Brady in 2010 and 11.

And by your logic Dak Prescott is the greatest QB in the world. The only thing that matters is stats. That's your metric of success not actual success.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Dec 19, 2023 at 6:01 PM ]
And by your logic Dak Prescott is the greatest QB in the world. The only thing that matters is stats. That's your metric of success.

Wrong. The film matters. Dak is a fringe top 10 guy for the bulk of his career as well. Better than Jimmy.
And by your logic Dak Prescott is the greatest QB in the world. The only thing that matters is stats. That's your metric of success.

Wrong. The film matters. Dak is a fringe top 10 guy for the bulk of his career as well. Better than Jimmy.

And wrong. Mark Sanchez had a single good season(did more than Cousins ever has) while Brady has had many. Just as Jimmy has had 3 NFCC and a SB appearance. Sanchez was an anomaly. Jimmy was not. Jimmy has SUCCESS every single season he was healthy. Cousins has one playoff win... One... Not two...one.
And wrong. Mark Sanchez had a single good season(did more than Cousins ever has) while Brady has had many. Just as Jimmy has had 3 NFCC and a SB appearance. Sanchez was an anomaly. Jimmy was not. Jimmy has SUCCESS every single season he was healthy. Cousins has one playoff win... One... Not two...one.

Yes we've established you have based your argument entirely on team success.

Jimmy has two championship game appearances as a starter fyi, and Sanchez went to back to back title games with the Jets (so two great seasons by your standard. Much less of an anomaly, lol).

Sanchez is better than Josh Allen and played better than Brady in 10 and 11.
Eli Manning is better than Dan Marino and Steve Young.
Donovan McNabb is better than Joe Burrow.
Kaepernick is better than Jeff Garcia

Jimmy has two championship game appearances as a starter fyi, and Sanchez went to back to back title games with the Jets (so two great seasons by your standard. Much less of an anomaly, lol).

Stoll waiting for a single metric of success that Cousins has? What has he ever done?
And I kind of agree that Eli is better than Marino.
McNabb potentially Burrow
Garcia was one of my favorites but he failed too. WTF did he ever really do outside of the Giants comeback? He had great stats that amounted to nothing.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Dec 19, 2023 at 6:22 PM ]

Stoll waiting for a single metric of success that Cousins has? What has he ever done?

For his career, he's played the QB position better than Jimmy Garoppolo. That's all.

If you want to make a list of accolades and put them side by side (for whatever reason), then say that.

If you want to know who's clearly been the better player, then say that instead.

But stop trying to interchange the 2 like they mean exactly the same thing.

It's an extremely weak argument, and no one here is gonna fall for it.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 19, 2023 at 6:25 PM ]
Garcia was one of my favorites but he failed too. WTF did he ever really do outside of the Giants comeback? He had great stats that amounted to nothing.

Lol. Not much else to say.
Originally posted by random49er:

For his career, he's played the QB position better than Jimmy Garoppolo. That's all.

If you want to make a list of accolades and put them side by side (for whatever reason), then say that.

If you want to know who's clearly been the better player, then say that instead.

What accolades does Cousins have? His 25%(something in that area) against winning teams? His 1 playoff victory in 12 years? Again, I've never said he sucks... He's a good QB like Jimmy but Jimmy has far more to show for his career. And yes, I would whole heartedly take Elis two rings to Marinos zero.

Cousins is a good QB. Jimmy is a good QB. Someone like Baker Mayfield is an average QB. Mark Sanchez is an anomaly and a terrible QB.
Originally posted by random49er:

It's an extremely weak argument, and no one here is gonna fall for it.

I mean it's really easy to destroy the JG Club argument that Jimmy "just wins." All you got to do is look at the Raiders.

If some particular people who are still under Jimmy's spell were to take off the JG Club glasses, they'll see our gameplans were funneled around Jimmy's weaknesses, and his job was to limit the game losing mistakes to one per game, which our defense was good enough to overcome.

But they won't. Because they know if they do they'll end up soiling their limited edition Mulberry silk Jimmy G underwear.

Lol. Not much else to say.

Lol 2 Super Bowl rings is far better than none. It's kind of the point broski. Fantasy football though I guess.

Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
I mean it's really easy to destroy the JG Club argument that Jimmy "just wins." All you got to do is look at the Raiders.

If some particular people who are still under Jimmy's spell were to take off the JG Club glasses, they'll see our gameplans were funneled around Jimmy's weaknesses, and his job was to limit the game losing mistakes to one per game, which our defense was good enough to overcome.

But they won't. Because they know if they do they'll end up soiling their limited edition Mulberry silk Jimmy G underwear.

Jimmy is washed up because of injury now. He always has success otherwise.
Lol 2 Super Bowl rings is far better than none. It's kind of the point broski. Fantasy football though I guess.

Except I told you multiple times I'm not basing my opinion on stats… broski.

Eli is 2x better than Steve Young.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
It's all 'the real Jimmy'
I might be the only one using logic to determine that yes, Jimmy with a ton of surg < Jimmy without a ton of surg
Let's get real, I don't think he's very good anymore, you all say he is? Fat chance. so you want to say he was never good, well that's not true either, now is it?

It's not a matter of logic. It's a matter of evidence. You're not providing any other than his stats aren't as good. There are many factors for that. Being broken down is not one. Provide evidence in the play. Show someone else who's breaking down film and seeing it.

Its nice to know that I am not the only one arguing with 6 anymore about this. His evidence of being washed up is "trust me bro."

Every injury is real evidence, contact shortens careers, it's why RBs have the shortest career length in the game, they experience high rates of contact, at high speed, with front seven bigger bodied defenders. This is the type of contact on JG, when he's sacked, or when he's a ball carrier. To the extent that he experiences contact, he shortens his career in my view. He took a lot of contact, as we all saw. We know also, he doesn't handle contact well.

Another fluff post that lacks any evidence and doesn't address anything. Gotta be approaching 50 useless posts like this on this specific topic.

Except I told you multiple times I'm not basing my opinion on stats… broski.

Eli is 2x better than Steve Young.
Lol this is called moving the goal post. And yes unlike you and fantasy stats I do thinks SB wins is a metric of success. You refuse to name what your metrics are besides stats. I have concrete things like wins, playoff wins, NFCC's, SB... You have reading a defense lol and stats.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Jimmy is washed up because of injury now. He always has success otherwise.

come on here, he doesn't always have success, but this is the box we find certain ppl
5GR for instance, did his QB metrics and to my understanding came to the determination JG was QB12
ok, well if he was QB12, and he's the same now as he always was (y'alls argument, not mine), then teams will be beating down his door in the offseason right?
this is where you have a problem,

he's no longer QB12 or anything close, 5GR may have been close to it at one point, but players change. Dalvin Cook is no longer RB5, more like RB55. That happens. NFL is not for long.
Share 49ersWebzone