LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Meh we've had this argument before. Ive dealt with the hypocrisy already. Y'all blame Jimmy for every loss but then say wins aren't a QB stat.

I don't blame Jimmy for any loss singularly. It's a team sport. Try again.

I do. He lost us the SB and NFCC and that's why I'm ok that he's gone. He had his chances. No flip flopping from me like with y'all. Now Brock gives us a hell of a shot but according to some here, the QB position makes no difference because "team game". Just a brilliant conversation really...In reality this is our best shot because we have a top of the line QB. It's the most important position in all of sports. You need a great QB to WIN a Superbowl 9 out of 10 times.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Dec 19, 2023 at 7:20 PM ]
I do. He lost us the SB and NFCC and that's why I'm ok that he's gone. He had his chances. No flip flopping from me like with y'all. Now Brock gives us a hell of a shot but according to some here, the QB position makes no difference because "team game". Just a brilliant conversation really...In reality this is our best shot because we have a top of the line QB. It's the most important position in all of sports. You need a great QB to WIN a Superbowl 9 out of 10 times.

Of course you do. Because you base your argument on team accomplishments. Again, this isn't a secret.

Kind of weird that you accuse others of blaming Jimmy for losses, while you also blame Jimmy for losses… but this whole interaction is weird. It's like the s**t I'm writing is invisible to you, lol.
Alex hits a 3rd down against the Giants we go to the SB.

Kaep recognizes cover zero and throws it to Crabtree by the pylon we win the Superbowl.

Jimmy hits Sanders on that bomb, we win the Superbowl.

Yes it requires a team to get to that point but in nearly every single case, it comes down to a QB. Jimmy more often than not made the right play to win. He didn't when it mattered the most though. Cousins straight up doesn't make the plays.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Dec 19, 2023 at 7:28 PM ]

Kaep recognizes cover zero and throws it to Crabtree by the pylon we win the Superbowl.

Yes it requires a team to get to that point but in nearly every single case, it comes down to a QB. Jimmy more often than not made the right play to win. Cousins doesn't.

And what happens if Flacco, who destroyed our defense in the Super Bowl, drives down the field for a game tying or winning field goal if we do convert on that drive?

Same for the Chiefs. The game doesn't end if Jimmy hits that pass.

Alex converts a 3rd down we might win. Williams doesn't muff two punts we might win. Our DB's don't knock each other out trying to intercept horrific Eli passes (he's better than Marino though), we might win.

Crazy stuff.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Dec 19, 2023 at 7:31 PM ]

Yes it requires a team to get to that point but in nearly every single case, it comes down to a QB. Jimmy more often than not made the right play to win. He didn't when it mattered the most though. Cousins straight up doesn't make the plays.

Of course you do. Because you base your argument on team accomplishments. Again, this isn't a secret.

Kind of weird that you accuse others of blaming Jimmy for losses, while you also blame Jimmy for losses… but this whole interaction is weird. It's like the s**t I'm writing is invisible to you, lol.

I blame Jimmy for the losses but I also credit him being one of the highest winning QBs in Niners history. I understand that Jimmy was a good QB but far from great. I understand that Jimmy had a lot of good qualities and also some very glaring weaknesses.

I don't see the need to obsessively try to put him down like y'all. I appreciated his time here and he gave us a lot of success. Sadly our fanbase is slightly spoiled and refused to just enjoy it. I also am happy to see him go as him being good was not good enough. No reason to constantly trash him for that.
I blame Jimmy for the losses but I also credit him being one of the highest winning QBs in Niners history. I understand that Jimmy was a good QB but far from great. I understand that Jimmy had a lot of good qualities and also some very glaring weaknesses.

I don't see the need to obsessively try to put him down like y'all. I appreciated his time here and he gave us a lot of success. Sadly our fanbase is slightly spoiled and refused to just enjoy it. I also am happy to see him go as him being good was not good enough. No reason to constantly trash him for that.

Broski… I actually said his time here was good and that he 100 percent contributed to the team's success. Said signing him was the right move. Said he was an average QB which I think is an impressive accomplishment. Did not trash him. At. All.

Like I said, my words are invisible to you, lol.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Great clutch drive. Might not need to happen if he doesn't throw one of the most egregious interceptions of our recent runs earlier in the game, lol.

Also might not have needed to happen if George Kittle doesn't drop a gimmie chunk play/possible TD early.

Team results are the product of team play. Try to remember that when you watch good players on s**ttier teams not go as far in the playoffs.

Great clutch drive. Might not need to happen if he doesn't throw one of the most egregious interceptions of our recent runs earlier in the game, lol.

Also might not have needed to happen if George Kittle doesn't drop a gimmie chunk play/possible TD early.

Team results are the product of team play. Try to remember that when you watch good players on s**ttier teams not go as far in the playoffs.

Where was the team in the NFCC last year?!

Broski… I actually said his time here was good and that he 100 percent contributed to the team's success. Said signing him was the right move. Said he was an average QB which I think is an impressive accomplishment. Did not trash him. At. All.

Like I said, my words are invisible to you, lol.

Uh, they actually didn't have a player to play QB for over half the game. Awesome point, lol.

CMC did take snaps at the position though. In the championship game! He's better than Herbert :)

Uh, they actually didn't have a player to play QB for over half the game. Awesome point, lol.

CMC did take snaps at the position though. In the championship game! He's better than Herbert :)

So yes a good team only goes as far as a good QB takes them.... .. .

Have a good night.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Dec 19, 2023 at 7:45 PM ]

Have a good night.

I think the better point in the context of your post would be team's can't win in the NFL with a running back playing QB.

No s**t.

Have a good night.

I think the better point in the context of your post would be team's can't win in the NFL with a running back playing QB.

No s**t.
But I thought it was a team game. Make up you mind.
Share 49ersWebzone