LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's a QB driven league. End of story.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
But I thought it was a team game. Make up you mind.

You got to be kidding man. A team includes a functional QB at minimum. They didn't have one for over half the game and had a bottom of the league player for every other drive but one.

Have a good night though. I'm going to run head first into a brick wall and forget this conversation happened, lol.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Dec 19, 2023 at 7:49 PM ]
Jimmy Inexplicable
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

You got to be kidding man. A team includes a functional QB at minimum. They didn't have one for over half the game and had a bottom of the league player for every other drive but one.

Have a good night though. I'm going to run head first into a brick wall and forget this conversation happened, lol.

You probably should. You know damn well that games is potentially a win with Brock. Even the players say it. It's a team game but the QB is responsible for touching the ball every single offensive snap. They have more to do with success than any other position in all of sports.

My favorite part was "I loved Jimmy's time here" next sentence " I was happy to see Jimmy go"

Like wtf 😂😂
You probably should. You know damn well that games is potentially a win with Brock. Even the players say it. It's a team game but the QB is responsible for touching the ball every single offensive snap. They have more to do with success than any other position in all of sports.

Show me where I argued against the idea that the QB is the most important position on the team. I know full well that it is.

And of course that game is a potential win if Brock plays. I think we could have won that game with a healthy Jimmy… though it would have been harder.

What they couldn't do was win that game, or any other game they played, with a RB playing QB.

And if they did win that game, it doesn't mean whoever was playing QB is better than the other team's QB*!
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Dec 19, 2023 at 8:00 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
My favorite part was "I loved Jimmy's time here" next sentence " I was happy to see Jimmy go"

Like wtf 😂😂

Dude blames Jimmy for specific failures more than I do and is lecturing me about hating Jimmy, lol.

Oh well though. QBs getting the vast majority of credit for wins and losses from average fan is nothing new.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Like wtf 😂😂

What is so hard to understand? Coming from the guy who rarely ever talks football. I said I appreciated his time here btw Karen. Not sure why you always lie about everything but you do.
to make a general point, I would say it would be common sensical, to say that ok Rodgers coming off an Achilles is a bit dicey, I mean he's Rodgers, but he's also old and that's a significant injury

Cousins coming off his thing will be a challenge

I think most all fans would agree here..

now take JG, albeit younger, multiply the injuries by a factor of 5 or so. he's had multiple season enders, and not much of any offseason for a few years now. you are not being honest or accurate if you think that stuff doesn't matter, or has zero impact, it does

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
to make a general point, I would say it would be common sensical, to say that ok Rodgers coming off an Achilles is a bit dicey, I mean he's Rodgers, but he's also old and that's a significant injury

Cousins coming off his thing will be a challenge

I think most all fans would agree here..

now take JG, albeit younger, multiply the injuries by a factor of 5 or so. he's had multiple season enders, and not much of any offseason for a few years now. you are not being honest or accurate if you think that stuff doesn't matter, or has zero impact, it does

Not all injuries are the same. Also, if you wanted to make the argument that Jimmy's play has suffered this season because he had a limited offseason, I think there could be some validity there. Where there isn't validity is to say there is something happening on the field that is physically preventing him from playing at the levels we saw him play for the vast majority of his time in SF. His arm strength is identical, as is his mobility. He's benched because he could not stop turning the ball over and beyond that was generally frustrating the offense.

Here's another int from that Steelers game:

This is plain up a terrible decision. I guess there's a way to argue that he could be shell-shocked in the pocket, from injury, and panic throws the ball at times... but this is nothing we didn't see throughout his time in SF, including pre-ACL.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Dec 19, 2023 at 9:36 PM ]
So yes a good team only goes as far as a good QB takes them.... .. .

Have a good night.

I think the better point in the context of your post would be team's can't win in the NFL with a running back playing QB.

No s**t.

Jesus Christ SMFH. Are you 14?
Not all injuries are the same. Also, if you wanted to make the argument that Jimmy's play has suffered this season because he had a limited offseason, I think there could be some validity there. Where there isn't validity is to say there is something happening on the field that is physically preventing him from playing at the levels we saw him play for the vast majority of his time in SF. His arm strength is identical, as is his mobility. He's benched because he could not stop turning the ball over and beyond that was generally frustrating the offense.

Here's another int from that Steelers game:

This is plain up a terrible decision. I guess there's a way to argue that he could be shell-shocked in the pocket, from injury, and panic throws the ball at times... but this is nothing we didn't see throughout his time in SF, including pre-ACL.

The "trust me bro" or the "it sounds right in theory" type evidence is just pathetic at this point.
For the Jimmy wins crowd: Why would a team that is still in the running for the playoffs, for multiple weeks now, continue to start a rookie in AOC over him?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
For the Jimmy wins crowd: Why would a team that is still in the running for the playoffs, for multiple weeks now, continue to start a rookie in AOC over him?

to save Jimmy for the real season duh.... like do you even watch football???
Share 49ersWebzone