LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 247 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ers808:
For the Jimmy wins crowd: Why would a team that is still in the running for the playoffs, for multiple weeks now, continue to start a rookie in AOC over him?

He's better in every way possible.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

For the Jimmy wins crowd: Why would a team that is still in the running for the playoffs, for multiple weeks now, continue to start a rookie in AOC over him?

Same reason why Dalvin Cook doesn't get carries anymore, same reason why Colts moved on from Shaq Leonard, all these guys have had lot of injuries, surg, and are shells of their former selves.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Same reason why Dalvin Cook doesn't get carries anymore, same reason why Colts moved on from Shaq Leonard, all these guys have had lot of injuries, surg, and are shells of their former selves.

Im done. On the ignore list. Posts officially hidden.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Dec 20, 2023 at 9:20 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

The logic is just too much for some ppl
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

It's stupid AF logic. Just stop you're embarrassing yourself lol

Jesus Christ SMFH. Are you 14?

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

It's stupid AF logic. Just stop you're embarrassing yourself lol

coming from you, I feel I must be on the right track here. I was telling you both in the offseason about KC having a D (they do) and about Lance being traded out weeks before it happened. so there is a track record here. I was literally discussing the Lance trade logic with SWH, as the trade was being filed with the league office, right before it was announced. He didn't think there was any trade logic.

In what world, do you look at 2017 JG and 2023 JG and say yeah I'll take the 2023 version?
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

He's better in every way possible.

because they know Jimmy isn't the future, nor will they be bringing him back. So they're developing a young guy - giving him quality experience to see if he is someone that they want to keep developing.

I think AOC is pretty talented. He's had some serious ups and downs but he looks like he belongs in this league. this year is a wash for them, they're challenging everyone to see who they want to keep and they're playing really hard.

I thought Jimmy would do really well there but I was obviously wrong. lol their defense has played a lot better since their interim head coach took over.

coming from you, I feel I must be on the right track here. I was telling you both in the offseason about KC having a D (they do) and about Lance being traded out weeks before it happened. so there is a track record here. I was literally discussing the Lance trade logic with SWH, as the trade was being filed with the league office, right before it was announced. He didn't think there was any trade logic.

In what world, do you look at 2017 JG and 2023 JG and say yeah I'll take the 2023 version?

I thought there was a really good chance lance would get traded, and I'm on record saying it would be at the end of training camp. the writing was on the wall the whole time, i think the disconnect in those convos is that some thought lance showed tons of potential and some thought he looked really bad. those that thought he looked bad, which he was, was able to see that he was most likely on his way out just by the darnold signing.

Those that thought he looked good, and all the false reports about how Lance looked during camp by morons like Grant, thought he had a chance for the starting job - mainly because of the uncertainty behind Brock's injury.

what a s**t show of an off season and it would be great to cap it all off with a super bowl win. hahah that way we can all be happy and sing koombya.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I thought there was a really good chance lance would get traded, and I'm on record saying it would be at the end of training camp. the writing was on the wall the whole time, i think the disconnect in those convos is that some thought lance showed tons of potential and some thought he looked really bad. those that thought he looked bad, which he was, was able to see that he was most likely on his way out just by the darnold signing.

Those that thought he looked good, and all the false reports about how Lance looked during camp by morons like Grant, thought he had a chance for the starting job - mainly because of the uncertainty behind Brock's injury.

what a s**t show of an off season and it would be great to cap it all off with a super bowl win. hahah that way we can all be happy and sing koombya.

Yessir. I think when Lance was in comp with Darnold, the thought of Darnold winning, meant Lance was at risk. Breer talked about this, from a cap perspective, and teams don't typically devote major cap to QB3. There was a lot of writing on the wall. Then you look at the preseason performance. It's about having the best QB2 if needed. When BP had the stinger, in comes Darnold and you will notice, KS is dialing it up. He called pass plays. He wasn't just handing off, so KS showing some confidence perhaps in Darnold wanted to see what he could do. The timing wasn't quite there as it is with Brock, that takes a lil bit of time. Interestingly, Darnold raved about Brock recently. Said the stuff Brock is doing is off the charts, in the bldg, and on the field.
Originally posted by tankle104:

For me, it was never about me thinking Lance looked good during camp and having a chance at the starting job. I thought he had potential, but he didnt show it enough for me to even consider thinking he would start over Brock. It was all about the uncertainty surrounding Brock's injury and the fact that we probably werent going to get much value for him. I was actually surprised we got as high of a pick from Dallas as we did. I thought he would be more valuable even as the scout team QB than the very low round pick I thought we would get.
Yessir. I think when Lance was in comp with Darnold, the thought of Darnold winning, meant Lance was at risk. Breer talked about this, from a cap perspective, and teams don't typically devote major cap to QB3. There was a lot of writing on the wall. Then you look at the preseason performance. It's about having the best QB2 if needed. When BP had the stinger, in comes Darnold and you will notice, KS is dialing it up. He called pass plays. He wasn't just handing off, so KS showing some confidence perhaps in Darnold wanted to see what he could do. The timing wasn't quite there as it is with Brock, that takes a lil bit of time. Interestingly, Darnold raved about Brock recently. Said the stuff Brock is doing is off the charts, in the bldg, and on the field.

Darnold has found his perfect role, throwing picks to Charvarious Ward.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Darnold has found his perfect role, throwing picks to Charvarious Ward.

Lot of ppl put our guys down, not me. I like all the 49ers. All these guys are gonna get a ring, all the same. It's a special squad.
Share 49ersWebzone