LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Wait. So if Jimmy hadn't become 'damaged goods' because of all the injuries and surgeries he went through, some of you think his career would have taken a different trajectory and he would've been an all pro, perennial MVP candidate instead ?! L.O.L

I think Jimmy's biggest downfall was injuries, no doubt. Would he be an all pro? Thinking that is your typical and unsurprising melodrama from some but his career would've been more consistent and he would've been more sought after. Nobody wants to rely on, nor pay guy who can't stay healthy. One of the reasons Niners drafted Trey was because of Jimmys injury proneness. Jimmy's trade value took a massive hit due to it as well.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Dec 20, 2023 at 7:14 PM ]
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
If Jimmy was as bad as the Stans say, he wouldn't be the most talked QB in 49ers history. And it's not even remotely close.

You clearly don't know what stan means.

You also are incorrect about him being the most talked QB in history. That would be Alex Smith, and its not particularly close.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Dec 20, 2023 at 7:22 PM ]
I think Jimmy's biggest downfall was injuries, no doubt. Would he be an all pro? Thinking that is your typical and unsurprising melodrama from some but his career would've been more consistent and he would've been more sought after. Nobody wants to rely on, nor pay guy who can't stay healthy. One of the reasons Niners drafted Trey was because of Jimmys injury proneness. Jimmy's trade value took a massive hit due to it as well.

Personally think there were multiple reasons we didn't successfully trade him, mainly that we were probably asking too much.

Outside of that I can't disagree with most of the rest of your post. He's definitely an injury prone player. Just to be clear, that's still very different than saying he's washed.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
If Jimmy was as bad as the Stans say, he wouldn't be the most talked QB in 49ers history. And it's not even remotely close.

You also are incorrect about him being the most talked QB in history. That would be Alex Smith, and its not particularly close.

Well Alex played many more years but I still think with just you, JJJ, JimmyAT, Eli and random alone it's astronomically in Jimmy's favor. Give Jimmy 20 years like Alex and it's not even debatable. One thing to keep in mind though, it'll eventually slow down a little once you guys turn on Brock. Which you most certainly will.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Dec 20, 2023 at 7:32 PM ]

The part about Alex smith is facts
Well Alex played many more years but I still think with just you, JJJ, JimmyAT, Eli and random alone it's astronomically in Jimmy's favor. Give Jimmy 20 years like Alex and it's not even debatable. One thing to keep in mind though, it'll eventually slow down a little once you guys turn on Brock. Which you most certainly will.

Baseless.
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

The part about Alex smith is facts

So was the stan part

Baseless.
Your(and the other Stans) history says otherwise. Who's the last QB you've all actually openly supported without turning on them then constantly trashing them and pointing out every little flaw you can find?
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Dec 20, 2023 at 9:29 PM ]

Baseless.
Your(and the other Stans) history says otherwise. Who's the last QB you've all actually openly supported without turning on them then constantly trashing them and pointing out every little flaw you can find?
Brock better watch out !

muck is so lame lol
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 20, 2023 at 10:54 PM ]

If you think this is bad you should've seen me during the Smith years, and 49ATT.. Just ask English

And ffs use the word stan correctly.

Brock is the real deal, he isn't a 6 game wonder like Jimmy. He can make all the passes, doesn't throw hospital balls, rarely throws wtf passes, can improvise, incredible processing ability, pocket awareness, and is captain material.

Teammates, coaches, have been raving about him. MVP discussion. He's everything you want in a QB, and more, nothing close to Jimmy. The only thing Jimmy does better than Brock is QB sneak and subway commercials.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think he'd have won more games. But I think the Raiders are tanking for the highest pick in the draft that they can get. (currently 12th pick in the first round, I think) The current coach is going to be fired at the end of the season anyway, I'm sure. Whoever comes in next year will have to rebuild pretty much from scratch. The incoming coach (It could be Anthony Lynn ) might just go for another QB pick.

They just won a game scoring 60+ points against a team that actually had quit.

Tanking isn't as much a thing in the NFL as fans seem to think it is. Antonio Pierce and the players are not tanking.

Well, benching Jimmy is basically saying lets see if the young guys can do better than the older guys. So the focus isn't so much on wining as it is trying to find out - long term - who will be staying and who will be going by next year. They don't have a mathematical chance to make the playoffs, for sure. So winning games for the sake of winning games isn't much of a motivator if you're mathematically eliminated (or have a very long shot at the playoffs). Add in Jimmy's cap space, as an owner you have to figure out how to field a team without Jimmy so you can recover that cap space asap.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Montana:
When this gets to 10k, will ppl care anymore? Lol. Cause I stopped caring moons ago lol

I bet by then, we will have hashed all this out, come to complete agreement more or less
we're all just waiting on you

Originally posted by DrEll:
Wait. So if Jimmy hadn't become 'damaged goods' because of all the injuries and surgeries he went through, some of you think his career would have taken a different trajectory and he would've been an all pro, perennial MVP candidate instead ?! L.O.L

You don't think he would have had a better career if he wasn't made of glass? I'm the biggest Jimmy hater here but it seems obvious he would have been carried to more wins had he not always been hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone