Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
10 point leads are on the QB, supposed to pass your way to the finish

Or just execute the offense at a reasonable level in the 4th quarter.

He could've even been below average and it would've been fine. Instead we got worst QB in 4th qt history of the NFL

In an ideal world he just hands the effing ball off for 10 mins, that's if the run game and D worked, realize both the run game and D failed
so it's a total team collapse, unless you are driving the it's all on JG short bus

Ya man I'm sure 1940s football would've worked very well, especially since they sold out to stop the run and forced Jimmy to beat them. But wtf does Mooney know about anything, it's not like he played in that game. I'm sure he just made up the quote "we wanted the ball in Jimmy's hands" and AA just started laughing. You obviously understand what happened better than the players who actually f**king played in it.

1940s football, get flippin real, will you? you remember the NFC champ game, JG threw it like 8 times. You realize this season, with an MVP candidate QB, we rank dead last in pass attempts. So that's the formula, except when it's a 10 point lead in the 4th, then you expect us to start chucking, gimme a break

Even BAL this week, they have the formula to stop our run, put us in 3rd and longs and having to throw
where's your outrage for brock throwing in the 4th qtr as of now.. since you think QBs (jimmy) shouldn't need to play in the 4th qtr ?

He doesn't even play 4th qtrs lol,
#HowItShouldBeDone
huh ?

Why aren't you posting in the brock thread on how we suck because Brock plays in the 4th qtr like you are doing here?

You're confused, probably cuz it's a cold hard dose of reality. You may not get a whole lot of that over there in fantasyland..

In the real world there is something called game flow, if you are up in the 4th 2 scores, you generally dial it back, if you are down 2 scores in the 4th, you ramp up the aggression. BP is often up 3-4 scores, and the human victory cigar checks in. Welcome to reality, friend These are the facts
what is this fantasyland.. you don't make any sense.. .. but i guess i will just get a No, you reply back right..

Well what is your confusion, that may be a spin cycle tactic, nothing but facts here my friend
You don't know, about game flow?
lol yes i'm confused.. cause i have no idea how a sane person would say the "Qb doesn't need to play anymore in the 4th qtr when only leading by 10 points" of a superbowl

it's just down right insane
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 21, 2023 at 4:34 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Brock Purdy is better.

Just trying to help get to 10,000.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Brock Purdy is better.

Same, maybe this thread will die after 10,00

P.S. Jimmy's 2019 OLine was worse than Purdy's current OLine.

Yeah that team wasn't quite as good, no Trent, and it was a midseason trade, 33 y/o coming off injury, as our WR1
surprisingly, they avg 29.9 pg, compared to 30.4 this season,
the advanced stats will show we are much better this season, if I am correct
Brock Purdy is better.

He could've even been below average and it would've been fine. Instead we got worst QB in 4th qt history of the NFL

In an ideal world he just hands the effing ball off for 10 mins, that's if the run game and D worked, realize both the run game and D failed
so it's a total team collapse, unless you are driving the it's all on JG short bus

Ya man I'm sure 1940s football would've worked very well, especially since they sold out to stop the run and forced Jimmy to beat them. But wtf does Mooney know about anything, it's not like he played in that game. I'm sure he just made up the quote "we wanted the ball in Jimmy's hands" and AA just started laughing. You obviously understand what happened better than the players who actually f**king played in it.

1940s football, get flippin real, will you? you remember the NFC champ game, JG threw it like 8 times. You realize this season, with an MVP candidate QB, we rank dead last in pass attempts. So that's the formula, except when it's a 10 point lead in the 4th, then you expect us to start chucking, gimme a break

Even BAL this week, they have the formula to stop our run, put us in 3rd and longs and having to throw
where's your outrage for brock throwing in the 4th qtr as of now.. since you think QBs (jimmy) shouldn't need to play in the 4th qtr ?

#HowItShouldBeDone
huh ?

Why aren't you posting in the brock thread on how we suck because Brock plays in the 4th qtr like you are doing here?

You're confused, probably cuz it's a cold hard dose of reality. You may not get a whole lot of that over there in fantasyland..

In the real world there is something called game flow, if you are up in the 4th 2 scores, you generally dial it back, if you are down 2 scores in the 4th, you ramp up the aggression. BP is often up 3-4 scores, and the human victory cigar checks in. Welcome to reality, friend These are the facts
what is this fantasyland.. you don't make any sense.. .. but i guess i will just get a No, you reply back right..

Well what is your confusion, that may be a spin cycle tactic, nothing but facts here my friend
lol yes i'm confused.. cause i have no idea how a sane person would say the "Qb doesn't need to play anymore in the 4th qtr when only leading by 10 points" of a superbowl

My statement was up 2 scores in the 4th, you generally dial it back
so you seem to be spinning that into more than what it was, business as usual i suppose,
one of these days you promised to teach me the art of the spin
how do you do it?
Brock Purdy is better.

Yeah that team wasn't quite as good, no Trent, and it was a midseason trade, 33 y/o coming off injury, as our WR1
not as good?

it was a Superbowl team 13-3.. its just the weakest link was at QB
Brock Purdy is better.

not as good?

He wasn't the weakest link. For his efforts that year he was ranked 43rd on NFL top 100. This is where you overstate and make a hash of it.

#HowItShouldBeDone
huh ?

so you seem to be spinning that into more than what it was, business as usual i suppose,
how do you do it?
i spin ?, you can't answer any questions correctly and probably why you can't comprehend the game
Brock Purdy is better.

not as good?

He wasn't the weakest link. For his efforts that year he was ranked 43rd on NFL top 100. This is where you overstate and make a hash of it.
NFL top 100 has nothing to do with .. nice spin

#HowItShouldBeDone
huh ?

how do you do it?
i spin ?, you can't answer any questions correctly and probably why you can't comprehend the game

Brock Purdy is better.

not as good?

lol, voted on by the players, what do they know
Brock Purdy is better.

not as good?

just keep spinning
Brock Purdy is better.

not as good?

In case you didn't know..

And when we pointed that out on Friday, Eagles linebacker Connor Barwin said via Twitter, "[E]veryone knows no players actually vote for who's on that list right?"

Our buddy Pat McAfee, who punts for the Colts, chimed in that he "[l]ove[s] this tweet."

To vote, each player lists only his top 20 players in the league. The player listed at No. 1 gets 20 points, the player listed at No. 2 gets 19 points, and the process continues until the player listed at No. 20 gets one point.

Teammates are also going to vote for each other. Kittle probably took all the other teammates voting sheets and wrote in Jimmy lol
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Dec 21, 2023 at 6:45 PM ]
Brock Purdy is better.

not as good?

In case you didn't know..

And when we pointed that out on Friday, Eagles linebacker Connor Barwin said via Twitter, "[E]veryone knows no players actually vote for who's on that list right?"

Our buddy Pat McAfee, who punts for the Colts, chimed in that he "[l]ove[s] this tweet."

To vote, each player lists only his top 20 players in the league. The player listed at No. 1 gets 20 points, the player listed at No. 2 gets 19 points, and the process continues until the player listed at No. 20 gets one point.

Teammates are also going to vote for each other. Kittle probably took all the other teammates voting sheets and wrote in Jimmy lol
don't help him spin out his statement.. he likes to do this and bury his insane takes

but i do see how you can't pass on a another 4f6 goof
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 21, 2023 at 6:57 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Wait. So if Jimmy hadn't become 'damaged goods' because of all the injuries and surgeries he went through, some of you think his career would have taken a different trajectory and he would've been an all pro, perennial MVP candidate instead ?! L.O.L

You don't think he would have had a better career if he wasn't made of glass? I'm the biggest Jimmy hater here but it seems obvious he would have been carried to more wins had he not always been hurt.

No I don't. Jimmy doesn't suck because of his injuries. He sucks in spite of them. With all the hollering going on in the NFL WORLD about Brock being a system quarterback, it stems from Jimmy playing well in Kyle's system then becoming a dud as soon as he joined the Raiders. Now everyone thinks any schmo can look good under Kyle.

The team did a whole lot to carry Jimmy, just like they did with Alex. It was lipstick on a pig, and it cost is dearly in 2019 and 2020
Share 49ersWebzone