Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
jimmy gucci
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Wait. So if Jimmy hadn't become 'damaged goods' because of all the injuries and surgeries he went through, some of you think his career would have taken a different trajectory and he would've been an all pro, perennial MVP candidate instead ?! L.O.L

You don't think he would have had a better career if he wasn't made of glass? I'm the biggest Jimmy hater here but it seems obvious he would have been carried to more wins had he not always been hurt.

No I don't. Jimmy doesn't suck because of his injuries. He sucks in spite of them. With all the hollering going on in the NFL WORLD about Brock being a system quarterback, it stems from Jimmy playing well in Kyle's system then becoming a dud as soon as he joined the Raiders. Now everyone thinks any schmo can look good under Kyle.

The team did a whole lot to carry Jimmy, just like they did with Alex. It was lipstick on a pig, and it cost is dearly in 2019 and 2020

Josh McDaniels has a sub .400 winning percentage before going to the raiders. I think those Raider losses are more on Josh than Jimmy.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Wait. So if Jimmy hadn't become 'damaged goods' because of all the injuries and surgeries he went through, some of you think his career would have taken a different trajectory and he would've been an all pro, perennial MVP candidate instead ?! L.O.L

You don't think he would have had a better career if he wasn't made of glass? I'm the biggest Jimmy hater here but it seems obvious he would have been carried to more wins had he not always been hurt.

No I don't. Jimmy doesn't suck because of his injuries. He sucks in spite of them. With all the hollering going on in the NFL WORLD about Brock being a system quarterback, it stems from Jimmy playing well in Kyle's system then becoming a dud as soon as he joined the Raiders. Now everyone thinks any schmo can look good under Kyle.

The team did a whole lot to carry Jimmy, just like they did with Alex. It was lipstick on a pig, and it cost is dearly in 2019 and 2020

Josh McDaniels has a sub .400 winning percentage before going to the raiders. I think those Raider losses are more on Josh than Jimmy.

December 2023……..

Jimmy still sucks

LFG
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erson3:
December 2023……..

Jimmy still sucks

He's been to three Superbowls. 5 championship games. Not bad for a QB that sucks.
December 2023……..

Jimmy still sucks

He's been to three Superbowls. 5 championship games. Not bad for a QB that sucks.

😂
December 2023……..

Jimmy still sucks

As he's done as much as us to get there.. watch the team get him there
Imagine you could pick any currently active QB as a rookie as your franchise QB going forward. Bonus - they will never ever suffer a game-costing physical injury for their entire career. This would be the ultimate determination of whether or not Jimmy sucks, or more politely, if he's 'serviceable' or not. Where would he rank?

In no particular order, here are QBs I'd take over Jimmy in a heartbeat:

• Aaron Rodgers
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Patrick Mahomes
  • CJ Stroud
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Joe Burrow
  • Josh Allen
  • Brock Purdy
  • Tua Tagovaiola
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Justin Herbert
  • DeShaun Watson
  • Kyler Murray

With some slight pause:

• Jalen Hurts
  • Anthony Richardson
  • Russell Wilson
  • Geno Smith
  • Joe Flacco
  • Jordan Love
  • Trevor Lawrence
  • Jared Goff
  • Derek Carr
  • Dak Prescott

Here's the group that Jimmy would have to contend with:

• Daniel Jones
  • Sam Howell
  • Tommy DeVito
  • Justin Fields
  • Baker Mayfield
  • Desmond Ridder
  • Bryce Young
  • Drew Lock

TBH, injuries aside, I don't think Jimmy takes his craft seriously and was fully committed. You can see some of this in his footwork and throwing mechanics *cough* *back foot throw* *cough*. Plus he had a knack for producing several boneheaded plays/throws a game (94 tds vs. 83 turnovers). Don't know how you can teach yourself how not to do that. He relied too much on his ultra-quick release and gunslinger and gung-ho attitude. I'm sure he loves the game; but he needed to back that up with some Tom Brady level seriousness. Oh well, he was an NFL QB for a very long time and that says a lot. I wish you could have brought home #6 for us in 2019!
[ Edited by 49erKing on Dec 22, 2023 at 11:47 AM ]

Posts like this are why it's hard to take you Jimmy fanboys seriously. JFC

Originally posted by 49erKing:
Imagine you could pick any currently active QB as a rookie as your franchise QB going forward. Bonus - they will never ever suffer a game-costing physical injury for their entire career. This would be the ultimate determination of whether or not Jimmy sucks, or more politely, if he's 'serviceable' or not. Where would he rank?

In no particular order, here are QBs I'd take over Jimmy in a heartbeat:

• Aaron Rodgers
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Patrick Mahomes
  • CJ Stroud
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Joe Burrow
  • Josh Allen
  • Brock Purdy
  • Tua Tagovaiola
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Justin Herbert
  • DeShaun Watson
  • Kyler Murray

With some slight pause:

• Jalen Hurts
  • Anthony Richardson
  • Russell Wilson
  • Geno Smith
  • Joe Flacco
  • Jordan Love
  • Trevor Lawrence
  • Jared Goff
  • Derek Carr
  • Dak Prescott

Here's the group that Jimmy would have to contend with:

• Daniel Jones
  • Sam Howell
  • Tommy DeVito
  • Justin Fields
  • Baker Mayfield
  • Desmond Ridder
  • Bryce Young
  • Drew Lock

TBH, injuries aside, I don't think Jimmy takes his craft seriously and was fully committed. You can see some of this in his footwork and throwing mechanics *cough* *back foot throw* *cough*. Plus he had a knack for producing several boneheaded plays/throws a game (94 tds vs. 83 turnovers). Don't know how you can teach yourself how not to do that. He relied too much on his ultra-quick release and gunslinger and gung-ho attitude. I'm sure he loves the game; but he needed to back that up with some Tom Brady level seriousness. Oh well, he was an NFL QB for a very long time and that says a lot. I wish you could have brought home #6 for us in 2019!

If you can guarantee no injury he would vault several tiers, you basically get the early 2016/2017 JG for a career, now that would be something.
I happen to be of the opinion Brady is the greatest of all time, look he's way better than your bottom tier, now your mid tier, you have some legit dogs, like Dak, Hurts, those guys were the in MVP this year and last,
Geno is not in that tier, he's a one year wonder, who the heck would want the whole career of Geno?
this is an interesting post, I happen to like Love in that he has an arm, but he needs to work on his footwork
Richardson is interesting
Tua, is he a product of the system / receivers, is that a fair criticism?
I simply don't like Kyler and his attitude

JG seems to be around Goff, Carr, Mayfield status
tell you what if I had to take a non 49er QB and ride with that guy in the KS offense, give me Lamar Jackson. Can you imagine him, standing next to CMC and the stress that would put on a D, in a KS 11 v 11 style attack?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
If you can guarantee no injury he would vault several tiers, you basically get the early 2016/2017 JG for a career, now that would be something.
I happen to be of the opinion Brady is the greatest of all time, look he's way better than your bottom tier, now your mid tier, you have some legit dogs, like Dak, Hurts, those guys were the in MVP this year and last,
Geno is not in that tier, he's a one year wonder, who the heck would want the whole career of Geno?
this is an interesting post, I happen to like Love in that he has an arm, but he needs to work on his footwork

tell you what if I had to take a non 49er QB and ride with that guy in the KS offense, give me Lamar Jackson. Can you imagine him, standing next to CMC and the stress that would put on a D, in a KS 11 v 11 style attack?

If we could've gotten the Colin Kaepernick of 2012 for a career we would've had Josh Allen without the turnovers.

Talking up Geno all last year and now he's a one year wonder again. Is he also washed because of his groin?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

If we could've gotten the Colin Kaepernick of 2012 for a career we would've had Josh Allen without the turnovers.

Talking up Geno all last year and now he's a one year wonder again. Is he also washed because of his groin?
Geno has had a better one year than all of jimmy's years.. but jimmy is somehow better ?
Tua good due to the system, but jimmy without the prior system is better ?

make it stop
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 22, 2023 at 1:23 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Posts like this are why it's hard to take you Jimmy fanboys seriously. JFC

Hard to argue your opinion with *facts* - I know, it's ok.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
December 2023……..

Jimmy still sucks

As he's done as much as us to get there.. watch the team get him there

1-10 without Jimmy, 5-0 *WITH* Jimmy.
Share 49ersWebzone