LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 191 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
I think it affects anybody no matter what style they play. I know you weren't talking directly to me but I mean...that's not hard to understand either. It's a major injury. Sure it might hurt RG3 more but a torn ligament in the hand and a injury that needed surgery in the shoulder affects a QB too. Let's not talk about his foot injury, concussions and back injury too. It's a terrible argument imo. Injuries no matter the QB have consequences not just for Kaepernick and RG3

One key difference is you saw Jimmy recover from that hand injury and actually improve statistically the following season. His recovery was proven and again there isn't any evidence to suggest his current struggles are the result of physical decline. It's very obviously mental mistakes.

Meh I don't think you can say yes or no with any sorry of conviction personally. The guy is a walking injury and has been injured in nearly every major limb. Personally I remember him a lot more mobile his first years here. He tore his ACL on a long run as a matter of fact.

I mean there's no proof but with his brittle body I would bet that injuries did/dp play a part in his game. Is it his end all?, I don't think so. I actually expect him to get another shot at some point. I also expect him to get injured again when he does unfortunately.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Dec 22, 2023 at 7:42 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I mean I don't think the 23 Raiders and 16 9ers on the offensive side are remotely close.

They're not. Just closer than the last couple Niners team's, lol. That 16 team was abysmal.
Meh I don't think you can say yes or no with any sorry of conviction personally. The guy is a walking injury and has been injured in nearly every major limb. Personally I remember him a lot more mobile his first years here. He tore his ACL on a long run as a matter of fact.

I mean there's no proof but with his brittle body I would bet that injuries did/dp play a part in his game. Is it his end all?, I don't think so. I actually expect him to get another shot at some point. I also expect him to get injured again when he does unfortunately.

I mentioned already that I could buy he lost some mobility after the ACL injury… but I do think it doesn't actually show that much in the games. He's still capable of rolling out, moving the launch point, and avoiding initial rushers at times. He was never a scrambler at any point.

The baseline argument that's been happening here in terms of health though is post ACL. That injury was in '18. He played pretty well for us through last season. He didn't play well with the Raiders this year. The difference wasn't anything physical.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I think it's hilarious that some use the injury excuse for Jimmy and not players like RG3 and Kaepernick.

Everyone saw RG3 tear his ACL multiple times and Kaep was noticeably thinner with less muscle after his peak years. Both players relied heavily on their athleticism to make plays and when they didn't have that, they regressed significantly. You could literally see how both players were affected by their injuries, yet with Jimmy it's not noticeable at all.

Miss me with the "defenses figured him out" narrative… the weapons that Kaep played with around 2015-2016 was some of the worst I've ever seen as a 49ers fan, not to mention his head coach was a guy who farts at his press conferences and Chip Kelly.

And even with that Kaep scored 16 TDs with only 4 Ints with nobody around him.

Kaepernick wasn't a great processor, but with any help he was more dangerous than Jimmy ever was.

So an ACL hurt RG3 but not Jimmy. Seems rather hypocritical to me. A injury to the throwing hand means nothing...

And yeah from 9 rushing tds in 2 seasons to 2 in his next 2 seasons(1 rushing TD a year)... The defense figure him out.

I'm not the one claiming one was "figured out" and the other one's poor play can be explained solely due to an accumulation of injuries.

That's the hypocrisy I'm pointing out.

If we're going to be fair, multiple ACL's to a running QB is worse than a ACL tear to a pocket QB. Jimmy was not a running QB. Not sure why that's hard to understand.

I think it affects anybody no matter what style they play. I know you weren't talking directly to me but I mean...that's not hard to understand either. It's a major injury. Sure it might hurt RG3 more but a torn ligament in the hand and a injury that needed surgery in the shoulder affects a QB too. Let's not talk about his foot injury too. It's a terrible argument imo. Injuries no matter the QB have consequences not just for Kaepernick and RG3

Here's what you're not understanding. I never said injures didn't affect Jimmy's play. Of course it did… but it's another thing to claim his injuries and "aging" are the ONLY reasons he's struggled in Vegas.

If I say I have "more" baseball cards than my neighbor, do you assume my neighbor doesn't have baseball cards? No. Then why do you assume that when I say injuries were more noticeable for RG3 and Kaep, that I mean Jimmy wasn't affected by it?

It's much more reasonable to me to blame injuries on RG3's downfall… yet I still wouldn't blame everything on injuries for him either. That's far too simplistic of an explanation. There's many reasons why both RG3 and Kaep's careers took a nosedive. But a 4.3 QB that refused to use his legs after two ACL tears… it's a lot more noticeable on tape how the injuries affected him.

I only see one person blaming injuries for one QB and not the others. And that person isn't me.
I think it's hilarious that some use the injury excuse for Jimmy and not players like RG3 and Kaepernick.

Everyone saw RG3 tear his ACL multiple times and Kaep was noticeably thinner with less muscle after his peak years. Both players relied heavily on their athleticism to make plays and when they didn't have that, they regressed significantly. You could literally see how both players were affected by their injuries, yet with Jimmy it's not noticeable at all.

Miss me with the "defenses figured him out" narrative… the weapons that Kaep played with around 2015-2016 was some of the worst I've ever seen as a 49ers fan, not to mention his head coach was a guy who farts at his press conferences and Chip Kelly.

And even with that Kaep scored 16 TDs with only 4 Ints with nobody around him.

Kaepernick wasn't a great processor, but with any help he was more dangerous than Jimmy ever was.

So an ACL hurt RG3 but not Jimmy. Seems rather hypocritical to me. A injury to the throwing hand means nothing...

And yeah from 9 rushing tds in 2 seasons to 2 in his next 2 seasons(1 rushing TD a year)... The defense figure him out.

I'm not the one claiming one was "figured out" and the other one's poor play can be explained solely due to an accumulation of injuries.

That's the hypocrisy I'm pointing out.

If we're going to be fair, multiple ACL's to a running QB is worse than a ACL tear to a pocket QB. Jimmy was not a running QB. Not sure why that's hard to understand.

I think it affects anybody no matter what style they play. I know you weren't talking directly to me but I mean...that's not hard to understand either. It's a major injury. Sure it might hurt RG3 more but a torn ligament in the hand and a injury that needed surgery in the shoulder affects a QB too. Let's not talk about his foot injury too. It's a terrible argument imo. Injuries no matter the QB have consequences not just for Kaepernick and RG3

Here's what you're not understanding. I never said injures didn't affect Jimmy's play. Of course it did… but it's another thing to claim his injuries and "aging" are the ONLY reasons he's struggled in Vegas.

If I say I have "more" baseball cards than my neighbor, do you assume my neighbor doesn't have baseball cards? No. Then why do you assume that when I say injuries were more noticeable for RG3 and Kaep, that I mean Jimmy wasn't affected by it?

It's much more reasonable to me to blame injuries on RG3's downfall… yet I still wouldn't blame everything on injuries for him either. That's far too simplistic of an explanation. There's many reasons why both RG3 and Kaep's careers took a nosedive. But a 4.3 QB that refused to use his legs after two ACL tears… it's a lot more noticeable on tape how the injuries affected him.

I only see one person blaming injuries for one QB and not the others. And that person isn't me.

Some players are just unlucky. Nobody can explain it.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Alex hits a 3rd down against the Giants we go to the SB.

Kaep recognizes cover zero and throws it to Crabtree by the pylon we win the Superbowl.

Jimmy hits Sanders on that bomb, we win the Superbowl.

Yes it requires a team to get to that point but in nearly every single case, it comes down to a QB. Jimmy more often than not made the right play to win. He didn't when it mattered the most though. Cousins straight up doesn't make the plays.

Great job by Deebo on that third and 7. Jimmy did his part on the Texas route. But we wouldn't have needed that drive if not for this:

Back to back playoff games at crucial moments...

He ain't Brock. He's not fit to carry Brock's jock.
Alex hits a 3rd down against the Giants we go to the SB.

Kaep recognizes cover zero and throws it to Crabtree by the pylon we win the Superbowl.

Jimmy hits Sanders on that bomb, we win the Superbowl.

Yes it requires a team to get to that point but in nearly every single case, it comes down to a QB. Jimmy more often than not made the right play to win. He didn't when it mattered the most though. Cousins straight up doesn't make the plays.

Great job by Deebo on that third and 7. Jimmy did his part on the Texas route. But we wouldn't have needed that drive if not for this:

Back to back playoff games at crucial moments...

He ain't Brock. He's not fit to carry Brock's jock.
Jimmy age and body degeneration is the cause of those mistakes
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

9.9k vs 2.7k

Just shows that Jimmy G is at least 3 times better than the so called "Most Valuable Purdy"

Jimmy G with an AGED and Deteriorating Body.

Purdy with a non AGED and Fresh Body.

[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Dec 24, 2023 at 3:15 AM ]

Jimmy G is wearing Brown. Maybe he wants to be a Brown and be a future headache there.
Originally posted by picklejuice:

Jimmy G is wearing Brown. Maybe he wants to be a Brown and be a future headache there.
probably s**t himself

the franchise destroying sabotage qb planted by patriot way billy belicheater the genius
Lol I could only imagine the 3 am'ers anger if Jimmy had 4 interceptions. Luckily for Brock he's not at the point for the hater Stans to hold him to the same standards and not be the blatant full blown hypocrites that they are.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Dec 25, 2023 at 9:13 PM ]
Lol I could only imagine the 3 am'ers anger if Jimmy had 4 interceptions. Luckily for Brock he's not at the point for the hater Stans to hold him to the same standards and not be the blatant full blown hypocrites that they are.

Didn't Jimmy throw 5 picks in practice once :)
Share 49ersWebzone