LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 300 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Lol I could only imagine the 3 am'ers anger if Jimmy had 4 interceptions. Luckily for Brock he's not at the point for the hater Stans to hold him to the same standards and not be the blatant full blown hypocrites that they are.

LOL at "hater stans"

That's like saying genius moron.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Lol I could only imagine the 3 am'ers anger if Jimmy had 4 interceptions. Luckily for Brock he's not at the point for the hater Stans to hold him to the same standards and not be the blatant full blown hypocrites that they are.

Didn't Jimmy throw 5 picks in practice once :)

But to actually respond to this (I dont know why I need to), most of us are mature enough to not make sweeping generalizations and off of one game.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

LOL at "hater stans"

That's like saying genius moron.

English is hard
Why should a 2nd year player with 20 starts be graded the same as one with 50?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I always thought this was a pretty poor line of thought. So you would look at a young guy making a bunch of mistakes, and say here's all the mistakes, I give an A grade. I don't do that. I would give the same grade if it's C work, you give a C grade. If you want to make a roster decision of let's keep playing him and hope he develops so be it, but that's no excuse to grade incorrectly. Grading players dif cuz of age is BS. Grade on performance.

You should grade them the same. But at the same time, you should have a fundamental understanding that one is in his development stage and one is not. People have never been able to do that with Jimmy. They held him to the same standards of a developing QB, which most should know is ridiculous.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I always thought this was a pretty poor line of thought. So you would look at a young guy making a bunch of mistakes, and say here's all the mistakes, I give an A grade. I don't do that. I would give the same grade if it's C work, you give a C grade. If you want to make a roster decision of let's keep playing him and hope he develops so be it, but that's no excuse to grade incorrectly. Grading players dif cuz of age is BS. Grade on performance.

No you look at the young guy and understand he has to still learn. The expectations grow with experience.

Grade on performance. Unless they had little practice time in training camp in an offense they had 4 training camps in. Then they get a complete mulligan for all mistakes.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 26, 2023 at 12:21 PM ]

No you look at the young guy and understand he has to still learn.

Grade on performance. Unless they had little practice time in training camp in an offense they had 4 training camps in. Then they get a complete mulligan for all mistakes.

I put that part in there, so be it if you want to develop, and, grade on performance.

all you had to say was I concur, one of these days, I'll get you
I put that part in there, so be it if you want to develop, and, grade on performance.

Because it makes sense. Experience does matter so it should be reflected in expectations.

Training camp experience in the same offense for the 4th year less so. Then it's just a rampant excuse. Much like a broken ankle.

Because it makes sense. Experience does matter so it should be reflected in expectations.

Training camp experience in the same offense for the 4th year less so. Then it's just a rampant excuse. Much like a broken ankle.

let's get your review of the game of JG vs the game of TL and feel free to add your inexperience context,
then comp BP to TL first few starts, this guy vs that
let's hear all about it, I am sure we are in for quite the learning experience
let's get your review of the game of JG vs the game of TL and feel free to add your inexperience context,

Brock was much better than Trey Lance in his first few starts. Hell Brock was as good as Jimmy ever was in his first few starts.

Lets hear again why running out the back of the endzone is ok because you didn't have an off-season. Or being benched for a mid round rookie because of a broken foot.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 26, 2023 at 1:01 PM ]

Brock was much better than Trey Lance in his first few starts. Hell Brock was as good as Jimmy ever was in his first few starts.

Lets hear again why running out the back of the endzone is ok because you didn't have an off-season. Or being benched for a mid round rookie because of a broken foot.

Does that not blow up your grading on a curve bit you were doing? Based on inexperience, remember?
Does that not blow up your grading on a curve bit you were doing? Based on inexperience, remember?

Gives him even more credit actually.

Hell Brock didn't throw at all until end of camp and was able to not run out the endzone. He's a damn football savant I guess.

Gives him even more credit actually.

Hell Brock didn't throw at all until end of camp and was able to not run out the endzone. He's a damn football savant I guess.

You get hung up one play, and I made jokes all year about that safety, then the 2nd safety, sometimes all you can do as a fan is laugh
doesn't change that on the entire scope of things, we did well with JG, heck made a SB and a conf champ and that was with no CMC, that was JG and Raheem. Maybe not as talented a group, but team success all the same
Share 49ersWebzone