Happy Birthday Jimmy!

He says HBD to you too.

does that include the tweet?

The one that is a month and a half old?

Happy throwback-belated Birthday Jimmy!

Yessir, he's enjoying that 2 months paid time off
what a b-day gift he got
if only I could get 2 months paid time off

I forget; was he legitimately benched cuz of poor play? or injury?

poor play, caused by all the injuries, over the years

if he never injured his thumb or leg, dude would be throwing bombs all over the field. Adams would've been like Jimmy >>> Rodgers
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by random49er:
throwback to when the Raiders gave JG 2 months PTO for his birthday

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

He says HBD to you too.

what a b-day gift he got

poor play, caused by all the injuries, over the years

throwback to when the Raiders gave JG 2 months PTO for his birthday

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

He says HBD to you too.

what a b-day gift he got

Poor play. Only to Jimmy cucks is if because of injury. There is zero evidence that his abysmal play was due to injury.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Dec 28, 2023 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Poor play. Only to Jimmy cucks is if because of injury. There is zero evidence that his abysmal play was due to injury.

Russ and Jimmy are twinsies. Benched because their flaws are now more apparent because their new systems can no longer hide them.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Russ and Jimmy are twinsies. Benched because their flaws are now more apparent because their new systems can no longer hide them.

Twins, in that they are both past their prime. Imagine thinking Russ and JG in mid 30s, with the product we are seeing on the field, are in their primes.. yet this is a few of our WZ

We'll all agree soon, when these guys hang it up, or get overlooked on the market, just takes some ppl longer to come around

Nah I dont agree with that. Russ is benched for financial reasons. If he didnt have a ton of money owed to him, he wouldnt be on the bench. Jimmy is on the bench because of inept QB play. Thats not the same as Russ. Russ isnt the same guy as he was (which is evident from watching his games and seeing the deterioration of his athletic skills), but the season he is having would mirror one of Jimmy's best seasons of his career.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Dec 28, 2023 at 1:04 PM ]
Nah I dont agree with that. Russ is benched for financial reasons. If he didnt have a ton of money owed to him, he wouldnt be on the bench. Jimmy is on the bench because of inept QB play. Thats not the same as Russ. Russ isnt the same guy as he was (which is evident from watching his games and seeing the deterioration of his athletic skills), but the season he is having would mirror one of Jimmy's best seasons of his career.

The play isn't the same. But neither could run the offense to the level the oftense needs.

I don't think Russ has detorated much at all. The scheme just demands you read the field and that's never been his skillset. Payton wants a guy like Brock who can see the field. Isn't gonna do what Philly is doing.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 28, 2023 at 2:05 PM ]
The play isn't the same. But neither could run the offense to the level the oftense needs.

I don't think Russ has detorated much at all. The scheme just demands you read the field and that's never been his skillset. Payton wants a guy like Brock who can see the field. Isn't gonna do what Philly is doing.

Let's get a lil real, you don't eat an $85m dead cap hit, cuz of a scheme fit, with a player who is high level / MVP level. He was near / at that level in SEA. Payton is bright enough, he would simply tweak his scheme. If the reality as you suggest, is Russ is incapable of playing in structure, then how do you think an aging run around like a chicken with his head off QB, is gonna work out, in his mid 30s? Does this sound like a winning idea to you? Give it up, Russ is and has been cooked. As usual, some are later to the party to see it, than others.

Let's get a lil real, you don't eat an $85m dead cap hit, cuz of a scheme fit, with a player who is high level / MVP level. He was near / at that level in SEA. Payton is bright enough, he would simply tweak his scheme. If the reality as you suggest, is Russ is incapable of playing in structure, then how do you think an aging run around like a chicken with his head off QB, is gonna work out, in his mid 30s? Does this sound like a winning idea to you? Give it up, Russ is and has been cooked. As usual, some are later to the party to see it, than others.

It was a terrible idea. Payton didn't make that choice though.

Russ is an MVP candidate in the same way Hurts was. If you have a super team around them that allows them to only do what they are good at they succeed. The moment they can't just backyard football everything they struggle.

25 year old Russ would look the exact same in Denver.

Winning with backyard football always has its limits.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 28, 2023 at 2:17 PM ]

It was a terrible idea. Payton didn't make that choice though.

Russ is an MVP candidate in the same way Hurts was. If you have a super team around them that allows them to only do what they are good at they succeed. The moment they can't just backyard football everything they struggle.

25 year old Russ would look the exact same in Denver.

Winning with backyard football always has its limits.

Players get old. It's telling to me that you disregard a 25 year old player and a 35 year old player and see no difference,
that's a ton of time in the NFL and those ages are at way different phases of their career. Usually mid 30s is the end for QBs,
Players get old. It's telling to me that you disregard a 25 year old player and a 35 year old player and see no difference,
that's a ton of time in the NFL and those ages are at way different phases of their career. Usually mid 30s is the end for QBs,

Yes he's not the same athlete he was. But he still throws the same ball. Still can move. What he cant do and never developed was his ability to read a defense. Denver doesn't have the team that can make up for those flaws.

It's telling to me you aren't able to differentiate the qbs who can play the mental part of the qb position at a high level and the ones that cant. It's all just their bodies failed them.

Yes he's not the same athlete he was. But he still throws the same ball. Still can move. What he cant do and never developed was his ability to read a defense. Denver doesn't have the team that can make up for those flaws.

It's telling to me you aren't able to differentiate the qbs who can play the mental part of the qb position at a high level and the ones that cant. It's all just their bodies failed them.

Ok so living in your world, he doesn't read Ds, and he's not the same athlete he was. Now just put 2 and 2 together... you almost got this
Ok so living in your world, he doesn't read Ds, and he's not the same athlete he was. Now just put 2 and 2 together... you almost got this

Hes never read Ds. Kinds like your favorite guy. Now he needs to and he's failing because he doesn't have the cast and scheme to hide it. Kinda like your guy.
Share 49ersWebzone