Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 197 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets

[ Edited by picklejuice on Jan 3, 2024 at 12:05 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
I was cheering for JG, but he threw a little Niner shade on one of his interviews.

He wanted to stay in Kyle's QB friendly system. He got paid, but he got benched by the Raiders. He wants to play. I'm sure sitting on the Raider bench isn't what he wanted. But then again, he'd be on the bench here too. Oh well. As others have said, 49ers had to move on, but I do appreciate his time as a 49ers QB, just like when Joe went to KC or Jerry went to the Raiders, etc... Jimmy got us a lot of wins for a 49er QB, I just don't know where the Jimmy hate comes from in this fanbase. He did a lot of good for this team.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I was cheering for JG, but he threw a little Niner shade on one of his interviews.

He wanted to stay in Kyle's QB friendly system. He got paid, but he got benched by the Raiders. He wants to play. I'm sure sitting on the Raider bench isn't what he wanted. But then again, he'd be on the bench here too. Oh well. As others have said, 49ers had to move on, but I do appreciate his time as a 49ers QB, just like when Joe went to KC or Jerry went to the Raiders, etc... Jimmy got us a lot of wins for a 49er QB, I just don't know where the Jimmy hate comes from in this fanbase. He did a lot of good for this team.

This is where the "hate" comes from, comparing Jimmy to Rice and Joe lmao 🤣
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

It's known that JG wasn't on that level, however, JG was the face of the franchise for his time here.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

It's known that JG wasn't on that level, however, JG was the face of the franchise for his time here.

Kyle Shanahan was/is the face of the franchise until Purdy wins it all.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Ya Ive never heard another person outside of a few Niner fans call Jimmy the face of the franchise. Kyle was/is definitely that guy, followed by players like Deebo, Kittle, Bosa. For me it's now Purdy, but the media won't see it that way until he wins it all like you said.

lol, not once did I watch 49er football, and the broadcast presented Kyle as face of the franchise.

this is from NBC Sports Bay Area (bold added to highlight the relevant bit):

Upon completion of his cross-country trip that late-October day in 2017, Jimmy Garoppolo was anointed as the 49ers' franchise quarterback.

He was the player entrusted with the responsibility -- and expectation -- of bringing the organization back to prominence. What a memorable 5 1/2-year ride it was with Garoppolo as the face of the organization.

"I'm so grateful to Jimmy for everything he did for our organization," 49ers general manager John Lynch recently told NBC Sports Bay Area. "He played some really good football and was a great teammate."

Ya Ive never heard another person outside of a few Niner fans call Jimmy the face of the franchise. Kyle was/is definitely that guy, followed by players like Deebo, Kittle, Bosa. For me it's now Purdy, but the media won't see it that way until he wins it all like you said.

It was so common, every broadcast, he was the guy featured, see above article calling him face of the organization, during his time here..
this is where you take Ls, you deny reality, cuz of a JG bias, and agenda.. realize NFL QB is the focal point for a lot of attention, that's just reality, he was in his prime and on an NFL record QB contract. He often crushed it in postgame, or courtside with the Dubs cheerleaders, meanwhile those same cheerleaders, they probably don't recognize who Kyle is. So that's what face of the franchise means. You may be conflating with x's and o's football knowledge, that's Kyle.

Lol do you even local media?

It was so common, every broadcast, he was the guy featured, see above article calling him face of the organization, during his time here..
this is where you take Ls, you deny reality, cuz of a JG bias, and agenda.. realize NFL QB is the focal point for a lot of attention, that's just reality, he was in his prime and on an NFL record QB contract. He often crushed it in postgame, or courtside with the Dubs cheerleaders, meanwhile those same cheerleaders, they probably don't recognize who Kyle is. So that's what face of the franchise means. You may be conflating with x's and o's football knowledge, that's Kyle.

The broadcasts you're describing are highlighting PLAYERS of the game, genius. You haven't seen Bellicheck, Tomlin, or Reid there either. I guess Mac Jones is the face of the Pats franchise too. LOL

You need to stop saying "taking Ls" when you blame Jimmy's issues on Kyle (because Kyle acquired Jimmy) and injuries, yet you give all the credit to Jimmy when he performs well and now claim he was the face of the franchise.

You can't have it both ways… yet you consistently try to do so.

Kittle is by far the most recognizable face of the last several years among the players. Not Jimmy.

Your bias for Jimmy far outweighs any negative bias you have attempted to point out recently.

No one outside this forum would blame Kyle more than Jimmy… yet you do. No one outside this forum would say Jimmy was the face of the franchise over Kyle and Kittle, yet you do.

I could find 10 articles about Jimmy holding Kyle back and you would dismiss them, yet you think one article proves Jimmy was the face of the 49ers?

Lol do you even local media?

Strike one Gore, when you say he's not, and there's a ton of articles saying he was
The broadcasts you're describing are highlighting PLAYERS of the game, genius. You haven't seen Bellicheck, Tomlin, or Reid there either. I guess Mac Jones is the face of the Pats franchise too. LOL

You need to stop saying "taking Ls" when you blame Jimmy's issues on Kyle (because Kyle acquired Jimmy) and injuries, yet you give all the credit to Jimmy when he performs well and now claim he was the face of the franchise.

You can't have it both ways… yet you consistently try to do so.

Kittle is by far the most recognizable face of the last several years among the players. Not Jimmy.

Your bias for Jimmy far outweighs any negative bias you have attempted to point out recently.

No one outside this forum would blame Kyle more than Jimmy… yet you do. No one outside this forum would say Jimmy was the face of the franchise over Kyle and Kittle, yet you do.

I could find 10 articles about Jimmy holding Kyle back and you would dismiss them, yet you think one article proves Jimmy was the face of the 49ers?

this is all strawman central, you continually don't understand or represent my positions, with any accuracy.

one example, I don't blame KS for much of anything I am very positive on KS
you have confused this issue, this has been pointed out to you repeatedly,
I have said that if I didn't like JGs game, I would ask questions of well who chose JG, or signed JG, that was Shanalynch, in some combination. Now I like that decision, to bring JG in! Maybe you don't.. but JG did well for us imo.

It's like with Trey, he sucked, but I don't blame Trey, I blame the decision makers who wasted all that draft capital..
but still, hard to have much axe to grind here, as Kyle fixed the issue, with scouting those late round QBs, and bringing in Slowik and Griese.
So Kyle is learning on the job, getting it right, that's what you want to see
we can have more and better discussions, if you represent my positions correct
your infamous poll was always to me a lil redundant, who's holding us back more, the guy, or the guy who traded for and signed the guy.. you could do the same poll on Lance, and yeah Lance held us back, but the decision to bring him in is the real issue, right?
Share 49ersWebzone