Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 182 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by picklejuice:

Tom set him up with the guys who treat the field, that's the competitive nature, of the goat
Originally posted by picklejuice:

I'm impressed it fits into only 3 mins
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
The broadcasts you're describing are highlighting PLAYERS of the game, genius. You haven't seen Bellicheck, Tomlin, or Reid there either. I guess Mac Jones is the face of the Pats franchise too. LOL

You need to stop saying "taking Ls" when you blame Jimmy's issues on Kyle (because Kyle acquired Jimmy) and injuries, yet you give all the credit to Jimmy when he performs well and now claim he was the face of the franchise.

You can't have it both ways… yet you consistently try to do so.

Kittle is by far the most recognizable face of the last several years among the players. Not Jimmy.

Your bias for Jimmy far outweighs any negative bias you have attempted to point out recently.

No one outside this forum would blame Kyle more than Jimmy… yet you do. No one outside this forum would say Jimmy was the face of the franchise over Kyle and Kittle, yet you do.

I could find 10 articles about Jimmy holding Kyle back and you would dismiss them, yet you think one article proves Jimmy was the face of the 49ers?

this is all strawman central, you continually don't understand or represent my positions, with any accuracy.

one example, I don't blame KS for much of anything I am very positive on KS
you have confused this issue, this has been pointed out to you repeatedly,
I have said that if I didn't like JGs game, I would ask questions of well who chose JG, or signed JG, that was Shanalynch, in some combination. Now I like that decision, to bring JG in! Maybe you don't.. but JG did well for us imo.

It's like with Trey, he sucked, but I don't blame Trey, I blame the decision makers who wasted all that draft capital..
but still, hard to have much axe to grind here, as Kyle fixed the issue, with scouting those late round QBs, and bringing in Slowik and Griese.
So Kyle is learning on the job, getting it right, that's what you want to see
we can have more and better discussions, if you represent my positions correct
your infamous poll was always to me a lil redundant, who's holding us back more, the guy, or the guy who traded for and signed the guy.. you could do the same poll on Lance, and yeah Lance held us back, but the decision to bring him in is the real issue, right?

NO. I'm not straw manning anything.

You went out of your way to tell me that, in regard to my question of "who holds the offense back more"... that you wanted to remind me that Kyle acquired Jimmy.

You want to give Kyle blame because he's the one calling the shots on personnel... but you don't blame him.... right...

You're so clearly trying to have your cake and eat it too here.

I told you I too put some blame on Kyle for acquiring Jimmy, but putting some blame on him does not answer my question... "who holds the offense back more? Jimmy or Kyle?"

You know that, and yet you continue to play games by answering but not answering. You refuse to have an honest discussion. Again, which is why so many people refuse to talk to you.

It's abundantly clear that you're one of the most dishonest posters on the forum. And you call others, haters, or cry strawman, or tell others they are inconsistent.

The lack of self awareness is astonishing with you.
jimmy is a
The broadcasts you're describing are highlighting PLAYERS of the game, genius. You haven't seen Bellicheck, Tomlin, or Reid there either. I guess Mac Jones is the face of the Pats franchise too. LOL

You need to stop saying "taking Ls" when you blame Jimmy's issues on Kyle (because Kyle acquired Jimmy) and injuries, yet you give all the credit to Jimmy when he performs well and now claim he was the face of the franchise.

Kittle is by far the most recognizable face of the last several years among the players. Not Jimmy.

Your bias for Jimmy far outweighs any negative bias you have attempted to point out recently.

No one outside this forum would blame Kyle more than Jimmy… yet you do. No one outside this forum would say Jimmy was the face of the franchise over Kyle and Kittle, yet you do.

I could find 10 articles about Jimmy holding Kyle back and you would dismiss them, yet you think one article proves Jimmy was the face of the 49ers?

this is all strawman central, you continually don't understand or represent my positions, with any accuracy.

I have said that if I didn't like JGs game, I would ask questions of well who chose JG, or signed JG, that was Shanalynch, in some combination. Now I like that decision, to bring JG in! Maybe you don't.. but JG did well for us imo.

It's like with Trey, he sucked, but I don't blame Trey, I blame the decision makers who wasted all that draft capital..
but still, hard to have much axe to grind here, as Kyle fixed the issue, with scouting those late round QBs, and bringing in Slowik and Griese.
your infamous poll was always to me a lil redundant, who's holding us back more, the guy, or the guy who traded for and signed the guy.. you could do the same poll on Lance, and yeah Lance held us back, but the decision to bring him in is the real issue, right?

You went out of your way to tell me that, in regard to my question of "who holds the offense back more"... that you wanted to remind me that Kyle acquired Jimmy.

You want to give Kyle blame because he's the one calling the shots on personnel... but you don't blame him.... right...

I told you I too put some blame on Kyle for acquiring Jimmy, but putting some blame on him does not answer my question... "who holds the offense back more? Jimmy or Kyle?"

You know that, and yet you continue to play games by answering but not answering. You refuse to have an honest discussion. Again, which is why so many people refuse to talk to you.

It's abundantly clear that you're one of the most dishonest posters on the forum. And you call others, haters, or cry strawman, or tell others they are inconsistent.

Again, you don't understand my beliefs, or you willfully get them wrong. I like JG. I'm glad we got him. So why would I blame Kyle for acquiring him? I don't. Good move coach, and JL.

Think of it on Lance. I don't like Lance's game. Notice I don't blame Lance, I blame Shanalynch for that flop. It's the same logic. Consistent logic. If you don't like a player, and it's a big organizational move, then yes, you are justified in asking questions, of why we got the guy and built around him. That's holding personnel guys to account on their moves. Overall, we have made awesome moves. It's why we are such a good team, a big reason.

Do the same poll on Lance, I would answer the same way. I don't blame Lance for being a ND State version of Tebow, I blame us for thinking it would be wise to spend three ones on that. Now if you want to ask, who is better at their job?, now that is a different and more interesting question perhaps, but that's not what you asked..
It was so common, every broadcast, he was the guy featured, see above article calling him face of the organization, during his time here..
this is where you take Ls, you deny reality, cuz of a JG bias, and agenda.. realize NFL QB is the focal point for a lot of attention, that's just reality, he was in his prime and on an NFL record QB contract. He often crushed it in postgame, or courtside with the Dubs cheerleaders, meanwhile those same cheerleaders, they probably don't recognize who Kyle is. So that's what face of the franchise means. You may be conflating with x's and o's football knowledge, that's Kyle.

Those cheerleaders didn't even recognize CMC, Kittle or Juice......Kyle would be invisible just like any of us would be, LOL.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
It was so common, every broadcast, he was the guy featured, see above article calling him face of the organization, during his time here..
this is where you take Ls, you deny reality, cuz of a JG bias, and agenda.. realize NFL QB is the focal point for a lot of attention, that's just reality, he was in his prime and on an NFL record QB contract. He often crushed it in postgame, or courtside with the Dubs cheerleaders, meanwhile those same cheerleaders, they probably don't recognize who Kyle is. So that's what face of the franchise means. You may be conflating with x's and o's football knowledge, that's Kyle.

Those cheerleaders didn't even recognize CMC, Kittle or Juice......Kyle would be invisible just like any of us would be, LOL.

Yessir, someone gets it
that's what face of the franchise is, it's a measure of how visible these guys are to more or less, general public, their Q score if one is familiar with that notion.. (similar concept)

Again, you don't understand my beliefs, or you willfully get them wrong. I like JG. I'm glad we got him. So why would I blame Kyle for acquiring him? I don't. Good move coach, and JL.

Think of it on Lance. I don't like Lance's game. Notice I don't blame Lance, I blame Shanalynch for that flop. It's the same logic. Consistent logic. If you don't like a player, and it's a big organizational move, then yes, you are justified in asking questions, of why we got the guy and built around him. That's holding personnel guys to account on their moves. Overall, we have made awesome moves. It's why we are such a good team, a big reason.

Do the same poll on Lance, I would answer the same way. I don't blame Lance for being a ND State version of Tebow, I blame us for thinking it would be wise to spend three ones on that. Now if you want to ask, who is better at their job?, now that is a different and more interesting question perhaps, but that's not what you asked..

STOP WITH THE GASLIGHTING.

You said I used a strawman. So, what is it EXACTLY?

STOP WITH THE GASLIGHTING.

You said I used a strawman. So, what is it EXACTLY?

check the bold, notice the discrepancy, between what I think and what you think I think,

my point I made in the past, is if one doesn't like JG, okay, look to where he came from, that deserves some questions asked, if the player is no good (see Lance, Trey)

check the bold, notice the discrepancy, between what I think and what you think I think,

my point I made in the past, is if one doesn't like JG, okay, look to where he came from, that deserves some questions asked, if the player is no good (see Lance, Trey)

So if Jimmy held the team back more Kyle is more to blame because he acquired him.

That is the gist no?

So no matter how the question is asked you blame Kyle.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

So if Jimmy held the team back more Kyle is more to blame because he acquired him.

That is the gist no?

Such a lame way to move the blame off of jimmy
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

That is the gist no?

this is how WBs strawman spreads
every bit of this is false
reality check: I don't blame Kyle on JG

I like JG! So where does the blame part come in, in terms of acquiring? We won right away, and made it to a SB his first full season.
I 100% get and agree with the reasons to move on, you cannot enter a season with him QB1, he won't last the season, and that hurts the club.

Take Lance, great example, yeah I don't blame Lance for sucking, I blame us for thinking he was worth some absurd price, when he sucks. I was rolling with Shanahan's since Kyle was ballboy. On the whole, we make awesome roster moves, that's why we are so good year in and out, (one reason).

On your last bit, I even said above, if you ask the question differently, like who is better at their job? you may get a different answer, but that's not the question that was asked..
Share 49ersWebzone