• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by titan:
I was cheering for JG, but he threw a little Niner shade on one of his interviews.

He wanted to stay in Kyle's QB friendly system. He got paid, but he got benched by the Raiders. He wants to play. I'm sure sitting on the Raider bench isn't what he wanted. But then again, he'd be on the bench here too. Oh well. As others have said, 49ers had to move on, but I do appreciate his time as a 49ers QB, just like when Joe went to KC or Jerry went to the Raiders, etc... Jimmy got us a lot of wins for a 49er QB, I just don't know where the Jimmy hate comes from in this fanbase. He did a lot of good for this team.

This is where the "hate" comes from, comparing Jimmy to Rice and Joe lmao 🤣
All three of them won a lot of games. Sad to see the 49er fan base not appreciating Jimmy after all the cap hell years and the Fartsula and Chimp Kelly years.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

check the bold, notice the discrepancy, between what I think and what you think I think,

my point I made in the past, is if one doesn't like JG, okay, look to where he came from, that deserves some questions asked, if the player is no good (see Lance, Trey)

So if Jimmy held the team back more Kyle is more to blame because he acquired him.

That is the gist no?

So no matter how the question is asked you blame Kyle.
Such a lame way to move the blame off of jimmy

Called reality, and called exposing the fail takes.

You can't say JG was 'holding us back', and Shanalynch did no wrong in acquiring him, those two don't go hand in hand. Now I like JG, so I like that move. A round 2 pick, is a small price, for a QB who went 38-17. Most round 2s don't give you close to that..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by titan:
I was cheering for JG, but he threw a little Niner shade on one of his interviews.

He wanted to stay in Kyle's QB friendly system. He got paid, but he got benched by the Raiders. He wants to play. I'm sure sitting on the Raider bench isn't what he wanted. But then again, he'd be on the bench here too. Oh well. As others have said, 49ers had to move on, but I do appreciate his time as a 49ers QB, just like when Joe went to KC or Jerry went to the Raiders, etc... Jimmy got us a lot of wins for a 49er QB, I just don't know where the Jimmy hate comes from in this fanbase. He did a lot of good for this team.

This is where the "hate" comes from, comparing Jimmy to Rice and Joe lmao 🤣

It's known that JG wasn't on that level, however, JG was the face of the franchise for his time here.

Agree with that. Also he was a great transition QB for Purdy, just like DeBurg (in a sense) for Joe. Jimmy is a great example of a pro that Purdy learned from. I'm sure a lot of Tom Brady stories were shared between Jimmy and Brock, and those stories are some of the ways a brand new QB can get aclimated and adjusted to the life of the NFL. Jimmy had a ton of intangibles that helped the 49ers win a lot of games. Intangibles aren't appreciated by a lot of the 49er fans sad to say. Same fans are comming around now to Brock Purdy and his intangibles.
jimmy warming up and walking onto the field

jimmy g during the game
[ Edited by picklejuice on Jan 3, 2024 at 2:16 PM ]
the best birthday jimmy g ever had
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by picklejuice:

Better than 12 straight incompletions by O'Connell.

wouldve been fun
[ Edited by picklejuice on Jan 3, 2024 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by picklejuice:
Jimmy and his date
Originally posted by Waterbear:
The broadcasts you're describing are highlighting PLAYERS of the game, genius. You haven't seen Bellicheck, Tomlin, or Reid there either. I guess Mac Jones is the face of the Pats franchise too. LOL

You need to stop saying "taking Ls" when you blame Jimmy's issues on Kyle (because Kyle acquired Jimmy) and injuries, yet you give all the credit to Jimmy when he performs well and now claim he was the face of the franchise.

You can't have it both ways… yet you consistently try to do so.

Kittle is by far the most recognizable face of the last several years among the players. Not Jimmy.

Your bias for Jimmy far outweighs any negative bias you have attempted to point out recently.

No one outside this forum would blame Kyle more than Jimmy… yet you do. No one outside this forum would say Jimmy was the face of the franchise over Kyle and Kittle, yet you do.

I could find 10 articles about Jimmy holding Kyle back and you would dismiss them, yet you think one article proves Jimmy was the face of the 49ers?

this is all strawman central, you continually don't understand or represent my positions, with any accuracy.

one example, I don't blame KS for much of anything I am very positive on KS
you have confused this issue, this has been pointed out to you repeatedly,
I have said that if I didn't like JGs game, I would ask questions of well who chose JG, or signed JG, that was Shanalynch, in some combination. Now I like that decision, to bring JG in! Maybe you don't.. but JG did well for us imo.

It's like with Trey, he sucked, but I don't blame Trey, I blame the decision makers who wasted all that draft capital..
but still, hard to have much axe to grind here, as Kyle fixed the issue, with scouting those late round QBs, and bringing in Slowik and Griese.
So Kyle is learning on the job, getting it right, that's what you want to see
we can have more and better discussions, if you represent my positions correct
your infamous poll was always to me a lil redundant, who's holding us back more, the guy, or the guy who traded for and signed the guy.. you could do the same poll on Lance, and yeah Lance held us back, but the decision to bring him in is the real issue, right?

NO. I'm not straw manning anything.

You went out of your way to tell me that, in regard to my question of "who holds the offense back more"... that you wanted to remind me that Kyle acquired Jimmy.

You want to give Kyle blame because he's the one calling the shots on personnel... but you don't blame him.... right...

You're so clearly trying to have your cake and eat it too here.

I told you I too put some blame on Kyle for acquiring Jimmy, but putting some blame on him does not answer my question... "who holds the offense back more? Jimmy or Kyle?"

You know that, and yet you continue to play games by answering but not answering. You refuse to have an honest discussion. Again, which is why so many people refuse to talk to you.

It's abundantly clear that you're one of the most dishonest posters on the forum. And you call others, haters, or cry strawman, or tell others they are inconsistent.

The lack of self awareness is astonishing with you.

Again, you don't understand my beliefs, or you willfully get them wrong. I like JG. I'm glad we got him. So why would I blame Kyle for acquiring him? I don't. Good move coach, and JL.

Think of it on Lance. I don't like Lance's game. Notice I don't blame Lance, I blame Shanalynch for that flop. It's the same logic. Consistent logic. If you don't like a player, and it's a big organizational move, then yes, you are justified in asking questions, of why we got the guy and built around him. That's holding personnel guys to account on their moves. Overall, we have made awesome moves. It's why we are such a good team, a big reason.

Do the same poll on Lance, I would answer the same way. I don't blame Lance for being a ND State version of Tebow, I blame us for thinking it would be wise to spend three ones on that. Now if you want to ask, who is better at their job?, now that is a different and more interesting question perhaps, but that's not what you asked..

STOP WITH THE GASLIGHTING.

You said I used a strawman. So, what is it EXACTLY?

check the bold, notice the discrepancy, between what I think and what you think I think,

my point I made in the past, is if one doesn't like JG, okay, look to where he came from, that deserves some questions asked, if the player is no good (see Lance, Trey)

You really need to stop calling people dumb when you can't go two posts without contradicting yourself.

I asked, "what was the strawman?" You highlighted my statement, "You want to give Kyle blame because he's the one calling the shots on personnel." and then your statement "I like JG. I'm glad we got him. So why would I blame Kyle for acquiring him? Good move coach, and JL."

None of this never-ending conversation has anything to do with if you like Jimmy G or not. It also has nothing to do with if you think acquiring Jimmy g was a good move or not. Again, the context of all of this is my question, "who holds the offense back more, Kyle or Jimmy?"

The point you made just now, "if one doesn't like JG, okay, look to where he came from" wasn't the original point you made... but you continue to change your argument slightly and there's so many variations and contradictions its very much gaslighting at this point.

You actually said this in response to my poll, "Trick question in that KS has roster control so even if you say JG you are saying KS cuz it's his hand picked QB.. the poll is therefore 100% KS"

...and this, "the most tired thing on here imo is ppl saying KS can't get aggressive or go for it on 4th (I hear this endlessly) cuz of JG. Can't throw downfield cuz of JG. Have to ask yourself, where did JG come from? He didn't pick himself or roster himself. Kyle picks the offensive guys. Could have had Brady, Mahomes, Hurts, if KS wanted it and had the foresight / wisdom to make that type of move. All KS has done is draft Beathard, Lance, Purdy, and maintain status quo with JG. If you don't like JG realize that's on the guy who sets the roster on offense which is KS I am told JL defers in large part of offense to KS.

In 6 years at the games most important position... the best KS can do is JG. That's a KS problem, if you don't like JG. Not a JG problem. If you want JG gone, KS needs to pick or find someone better."

...and this "Point is Reid and Bill eval'd and drafted franchise QBs. You can say this is luck and there is some element of luck to the draft. KS is 6 years in and has yet to find one.. you may say TL but he has yet to show it. KS is either very unlucky at finding FQBs or he isn't good at it."

...and this "If KS doesn't trust JG then it means he doesnt trust his own ability to develop or find talent at the position.. and frankly at this point neither do I"

...and this "The poll phrased another way: Who holds us back more?

1. KS
2. KS inability to find, develop, groom a FQB?"

How many more examples do you need? You refused to legitimately answer my question at first, then you try this B.S. .... not to mention you used this poll as "evidence" I hated Jimmy.

I mean, you just said you don't blame Trey for his struggles, then a couple pages back you called him a "joke". You say I straw manned but you can't be specific because... why? You know I didn't/

You're the one saying "I don't blame Kyle for much of anything, I'm positive about Kyle"... yet your posts tell otherwise. There are so many more examples I could post. Like MJ said, "Just stop it"
You really need to stop calling people dumb when you can't go two posts without contradicting yourself.

I asked, "what was the strawman?" You highlighted my statement, "You want to give Kyle blame because he's the one calling the shots on personnel." and then your statement "I like JG. I'm glad we got him. So why would I blame Kyle for acquiring him? Good move coach, and JL."

None of this never-ending conversation has anything to do with if you like Jimmy G or not. It also has nothing to do with if you think acquiring Jimmy g was a good move or not. Again, the context of all of this is my question, "who holds the offense back more, Kyle or Jimmy?"

The point you made just now, "if one doesn't like JG, okay, look to where he came from" wasn't the original point you made... but you continue to change your argument slightly and there's so many variations and contradictions its very much gaslighting at this point.

You actually said this in response to my poll, "Trick question in that KS has roster control so even if you say JG you are saying KS cuz it's his hand picked QB.. the poll is therefore 100% KS"

...and this, "the most tired thing on here imo is ppl saying KS can't get aggressive or go for it on 4th (I hear this endlessly) cuz of JG. Can't throw downfield cuz of JG. Have to ask yourself, where did JG come from? He didn't pick himself or roster himself. Kyle picks the offensive guys. Could have had Brady, Mahomes, Hurts, if KS wanted it and had the foresight / wisdom to make that type of move. All KS has done is draft Beathard, Lance, Purdy, and maintain status quo with JG. If you don't like JG realize that's on the guy who sets the roster on offense which is KS I am told JL defers in large part of offense to KS.

In 6 years at the games most important position... the best KS can do is JG. That's a KS problem, if you don't like JG. Not a JG problem. If you want JG gone, KS needs to pick or find someone better."

...and this "Point is Reid and Bill eval'd and drafted franchise QBs. You can say this is luck and there is some element of luck to the draft. KS is 6 years in and has yet to find one.. you may say TL but he has yet to show it. KS is either very unlucky at finding FQBs or he isn't good at it."

...and this "If KS doesn't trust JG then it means he doesnt trust his own ability to develop or find talent at the position.. and frankly at this point neither do I"

...and this "The poll phrased another way: Who holds us back more?

1. KS
2. KS inability to find, develop, groom a FQB?"

How many more examples do you need? You refused to legitimately answer my question at first, then you try this B.S. .... not to mention you used this poll as "evidence" I hated Jimmy.

I mean, you just said you don't blame Trey for his struggles, then a couple pages back you called him a "joke". You say I straw manned but you can't be specific because... why? You know I didn't/

You're the one saying "I don't blame Kyle for much of anything, I'm positive about Kyle"... yet your posts tell otherwise. There are so many more examples I could post. Like MJ said, "Just stop it"

We have been over it a million times broski,

I like all you folks on here, cuz we all have chosen the correct team, the 49ers..

so it's good to keep that in mind..

sometimes simplicity is best, on the poll, it was a redundant poll, it boils down to, who's holding us back, The Guy, or the Guy who hired the Guy,
that's more or less the same question imo

I've answered it ad nauseum.. ask better questions, to get better answers, and let's not single out the guy who's 38-17 as the one player 'holding us back'.. I mean if that's how it works, what was TL doing? Talk about that draft investment, vs his production, he's a million times worse than JG. KS was legit doing 1 route concepts in preseason, while announcers were chuckling like wtf is this, well it was a way to make it turndown proof and even then, TL struggled.. so yeah when the announcers are chuckling, something sure is funny, that's the joke part.. not the only time announcers chuckled while that dude was trying to look like an NFL player, the joke wasn't him per se, he should have been day 3 at best and not playing, the joke was us slamming down 3 ones for that

So I hope this clears it up, and we can agree.

greatest sj shark of all time
Share 49ersWebzone