Shop 49ers game tickets
raider fans boo'ed jimmy g!
[ Edited by picklejuice on Jan 7, 2024 at 6:50 PM ]
Originally posted by picklejuice:
raider fans boo'ed jimmy g!

Everything 9er fans were afraid to do..
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Jan 7, 2024 at 7:51 PM ]

I say we get these 77 pages done before the first playoff game.
Hope he enjoys watching the Niners and all the weird stuff that goes on over here in the playoffs
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Hope he enjoys watching the Niners and all the weird stuff that goes on over here in the playoffs

Ppl make a big deal about that comment, it was a reference to Trey. Not so much to the man Trey, but the SF decision to make Trey the future. That was weird and remains weird. Imagine your company hires your replacement, they spend a fortune to get him in the door, and he's clearly not competent at the job. You may question what your org is doing. So I can't blame anyone for anything. Draft is hard to project at QB.

lol remember this guys...
he said in a recent interview that he's been in a lot of weird situations...but that's because he IS the weird situation

this thread needs more posts.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Ppl make a big deal about that comment, it was a reference to Trey. Not so much to the man Trey, but the SF decision to make Trey the future. That was weird and remains weird. Imagine your company hires your replacement, they spend a fortune to get him in the door, and he's clearly not competent at the job. You may question what your org is doing. So I can't blame anyone for anything. Draft is hard to project at QB.

I still think Trey is going to be very good in this league. Just needs time and reps. And maybe the Niners did show desperation with the pick but they showed desperation because of Jimmy. They scrambled for a replacement because Jimmy was not getting the job done. All this talent was being wasted because of their QB. This franchise may have SB #6 and #7 if they had just a slightly better QB. And what made it worse with Jimmy is he regressed in the postseason. There has been QB's in the past who were not the best QB's but played borderline elite in the post season. Flacco, Dilfer, Eli Manning. And I think it's because while those QB's were not gifted physically they were smart QB's. You just can't trust Jimmy to make the right decision.
he said in a recent interview that he's been in a lot of weird situations...but that's because he IS the weird situation

Looking back, there are lot of issues I took with Jimmy, but that comment is hardly one of them. I think he put it in these words, and it was a non-standard, for the lack of better word, situation. The whole Lance/Jimmy thing is not how organizations have handled drafting a rookie QB with a top 3 pick after trading a lot of capital for him. And then adding Brock to the equation, how many times you've seen a 7th rounder snatch the job from your first round rookie QB after an injury.

So I dont have a problem with Jimmy saying it, it did come off as a slight but yeah Im not too concerned about that. I'm not even sure it was intended to be a jab of a remark.
The BP thread will get to 10k faster than the time it took for J thread..just another thing Brock will have over Jimmy (bump) lol
Share 49ersWebzone