There are 206 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
So we are clear, since his foot will be healthier now is he no longer washed?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
not sure whats the telling part. except that he's accepting the backup role to extend his career with the mentor role

Notice he acknowledges not being right physically
not because of old age/father time like you said multiple times.. but because he never healed from his current surgery. allegedly
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Lol, they worked together for years, you don't think McD got a read on him from all that time?

Don't think he got a read from a game and a half and a lot of practices that showed anything more than his time in SF did.

Besides I thought McDaniels was an idiot.

But yah Jimmy must just have the slowest healing foot in recorded history and that explains all of this season away.

Foot injuries are tough, their top 10 pick Wilson had a foot, from college and he hardly did anything leading up to the season, and had a bit of a slow start to his career.

If you've done anything competitive, you know how critical your training is, and if you can't train prior to the event, probably gonna be a rough event.
not sure whats the telling part. except that he's accepting the backup role to extend his career with the mentor role

not because of old age/father time like you said multiple times.. but because he never healed from his current surgery. allegedly

Lol, spin master, I noted many times, his repeated injuries. That's why I said he's an old 32, or whatever his age is. The age, and the injuries over his career, those age you.

Lol, spin master, I noted many times, his repeated injuries. That's why I said he's an old 32, or whatever his age is. The age, and the injuries over his career, those age you.
you say a lot of things .. but one thing you banged on the table was that father time zapped him before the season even started lol

He's setting up his 9ers need to bring Jimmy back as a backup to Brock argument already.

He's setting up his 9ers need to bring Jimmy back as a backup to Brock argument already.
lol.. that would be detrimental to Brock

you say a lot of things .. but one thing you banged on the table was that father time zapped him before the season even started lol

Yeah and notice I was right. He wasn't right by his own admission. LV hired a guy past his prime, and loaded up with injuries. Isn't it obvious at this point? You guys were the ones running around saying he's in his prime

Not happening, would be too weird a situation

Yeah and notice I was right. He wasn't right by his own admission. LV hired a guy past his prime, and loaded up with injuries. Isn't it obvious at this point? You guys were the ones running around saying he's in his prime
you still couldn't provide anything saying that before week 1/2 remember lol.. so it looks like i'm right

QBs at 32 past their prime 😂

Maybe in the 1950s
I broke down the Carr / JG stats and you can see Carr hit 99% of games started (essentially 100) JG was at I believe 64%.
Performance wise they are on the level but injury wise is the clear difference

This took his contract from a Carr like $150m to the $72m.. my prediction was not half of Carr which was very spot on if I say so myself

this is from March
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Jan 17, 2024 at 12:45 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
QBs at 32 past their prime 😂

Maybe in the 1950s

That's the point tho, if you stack a ton of injuries,

I'll take a 40 year old TB the way he conditions and gets rid of the ball, vs a 32 year old JG, the way he absorbs hits and doesn't throw it away. Not talking about play, just talking heath / fitness. So it's not about age, TB at 44 was fit, it's about upkeep, and how many accidents you have been in. JG is the car maybe the odometer looks good, but he's been in all the wrecks, fender is all smashed, you know it is true.
I broke down the Carr / JG stats and you can see Carr hit 99% of games started (essentially 100) JG was at I believe 64%.
Performance wise they are on the level but injury wise is the clear difference

This took his contract from a Carr like $150m to the $72m.. my prediction was not half of Carr which was very spot on if I say so myself

this is from March
who are you bumping this for?

if it's me, in no way do you say Jimmy g is broken down, washed up, past his prime ,father time has taken over in any way.

So the Raiders made a bad mistake by signing him?
Share 49ersWebzone