There are 230 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

is this a mental mistake, chemistry with his teammates issue, or physical issue?

We could go throw the actual plays and discuss… or we can ignore the plays and pretend it's the same as Dalvin Cook.

Look at his feet, that's what he was doing all season, he was vibrating like a dildo out there. I'm not sure that's old school Jimmy. He wasn't doing happy feet all play in 2017. You have to get with him on the cause, I don't know. Do some 2017 with his feet like that, if you can find it.
he's always had that pitter patter feet.. sometimes its subtle and others very noticiable

thats doesn't show a QB being washed up and broken down

He's not doing happy feet here like he is in Vegas:

also btw, I am struck by the top comment, which is :What made him special was his ability to escape out of the pocket and create plays. After that ACL injury, he hasnt been able to do that

so that's a real take, and yeah, his injury took it down a notch, and all the injuries did in their own way. That's why saying 22 was his best year is a more or less clown take, imo. One only gets to that take from stats with CMC and some beastly players. Not from watching the guy.

Yea I'm going to move on from this argument if you are going to continue to be disingenuous.

First of all, almost everyone acknowledges he may have lost some mobility with his ACL tear. That's not even a point of contention here.

The point of contention is whether he is now washed up and that explains the 'drop off' in play from 2018-22 with the Niners and his time in 23 with LV. He's not a suddenly worse player now than he was in 18-22 because injury has caught up.

——-

On a side note you should probably chill on the idea that it's a clown take to not make definitive conclusions about five games in 2017 against a half decade of consistent play in the time between then and now. Promise you the film doesn't show some significant difference in play over that time including 2017… regardless of what some comment on YT says. He was fully capable of avoiding pressure and rolling out of the pocket post ACL injury. He was never highly mobile in the first place.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jan 17, 2024 at 4:57 PM ]

We can stop pretending his ACL injury made him a complete statue and robbed him of his ability to be a good QB, lol.

5:50 will show you the first of his three INTs. Pre ACL of course.

also btw, I am struck by the top comment, which is :What made him special was his ability to escape out of the pocket and create plays

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

also btw, I am struck by the top comment, which is :What made him special was his ability to escape out of the pocket and create plays

It's bonkers lol.
Yea I'm going to move on from this argument if you are going to continue to be disingenuous.

First of all, almost everyone acknowledges he may have lost some mobility with his ACL tear. That's not even a point of contention here.

The point of contention is whether he is now washed up and that explains the 'drop off' in play from 2018-22 with the Niners and his time in 23 with LV. He's not a suddenly worse player now than he was in 18-22 because injury has caught up.

——-

On a side note you should probably chill on the idea that it's a clown take to not make definitive conclusions about five games in 2017 against a half decade of consistent play in the time between then and now. Promise you the film doesn't show some significant difference in play over that time including 2017… regardless of what some comment on YT says. He was fully capable of avoiding pressure and rolling out of the pocket post ACL injury. He was never highly mobile in the first place.

Just use the ignore feature. Other than the eyesore of seeing so many blank posts, its been glorious.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

——-

Just use the ignore feature. Other than the eyesore of seeing so many blank posts, its been glorious.

Why? Faithful is hilarious. See previous post, i legit had a good laugh

I like faithful. Kind of feel bad about going on and on in what is a pretty irrelevant topic to the current 49ers but I'm just down to argue/talk about football in general. Take a lot for me to block someone.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

——-

Why? Faithful is hilarious. See previous post, i legit had a good laugh

Just tired of the disingenuous posts, the flip flopping, the patting himself on the back after one correct take among the myriad of incorrect ones, the misrepresentation of my posts, the refusal to answer questions without questions, the ignoring of statistical evidence etc. Just gets beyond old.

I like faithful. Kind of feel bad about going on and on in what is a pretty irrelevant topic to the current 49ers but I'm just down to argue/talk about football in general. Take a lot for me to block someone.

I love sports debates too. But the manner in which he does is infuriating, and would rather just remove myself entirely.
I love sports debates too. But the manner in which he does is infuriating, and would rather just remove myself entirely.

I don't blame you. Makes total sense. It's just not my style personally.

I don't blame you. Makes total sense. It's just not my style personally.

I get it too. I dont have too many people blocked. But if I had a dollar for everytime I told him "dude thats not what I said" I could probably buy an authentic 49ers jersey. Just got tiresome.

I mean, I dont know how many times I asked him for what things he sees in Jimmy that demonstrate that he is washed up, an failed to get one single answer. Yet, just a page ago you were still arguing with him about Jimmy being washed up. Yeah I am cool off of continuing to debate with him.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Jan 17, 2024 at 5:51 PM ]
Back to Jimmy himself.....

Back in March, I had an exchange with a few posters regarding compensatory draft picks we would be getting from Jimmy signing with the Raiders, and I was told we needed to wait until the end of the season to see what we earned back. Well its the end of the season. I assume we will be getting a crap pick because Jimmy was benched and probably didnt hit any milestones needed for a good return.

Anyone have any insight on this?
Back to Jimmy himself.....

Back in March, I had an exchange with a few posters regarding compensatory draft picks we would be getting from Jimmy signing with the Raiders, and I was told we needed to wait until the end of the season to see what we earned back. Well its the end of the season. I assume we will be getting a crap pick because Jimmy was benched and probably didnt hit any milestones needed for a good return.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Pretty sure it's based on the contract only
Share 49ersWebzone