49ers list Charvarius Ward among 7 inactives vs. Seahawks →

There are 290 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Didn't perform well, cuz he was not healthy to start, aka washed. Same take, mine has a lil more depth to it.

we can start with the facts,
this is an older Jimmy (fact)
with a ton of injuries (fact)
and no offseason with a new team (fact)

Your take has no depth if you can't support it in evidence. Again, his poor play this year is not the product of physical shortcomings. You can see the same mistakes he's always made over and over again. They are mental mistakes. Bad reads… forcing balls instead of giving up on plays…

I do think there could be something to the idea that he played badly because he didn't have the normal offseason prep, because of offseason injury. That's reasonable.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Didn't perform well, cuz he was not healthy to start, aka washed. Same take, mine has a lil more depth to it.

Your take has no depth if you can't support it in evidence. Again, his poor play this year is not the product of physical shortcomings. You can see the same mistakes he's always made over and over again. They are mental mistakes. Bad reads… forcing balls instead of giving up on plays…

I do think there could be something to the idea that he played badly because he didn't have the normal offseason prep, because of offseason injury. That's reasonable.

I have multiple independent articles that cite exactly what I am talking about. They say he wasn't right. Not me talking, but journalists. I have shared the pieces.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I didnt even realize that Jimmy G is a free agent this summer lol..

Technically he's with the Raiders but we anticipate a release cuz he's washed. Everyone knows prime Jimmy > rook Aiden O'Mustache

YOU anticipate a release because he's "washed".

WE anticipate a release because he didn't perform well.

Correlation =/= causation

Here's more facts.

1. Many players, who are less accomplished than Jimmy, have played better than Jimmy did at the ripe old age of 31.

2. You have not proven Jimmy's injuries are the cause of his poor play.

3, Jimmy had no offseason before his best statistical season
[ Edited by Waterbear on Jan 24, 2024 at 11:31 AM ]
I have multiple independent articles that cite exactly what I am talking about. They say he wasn't right. Not me talking, but journalists. I have shared the pieces.

That's not evidence based on his play. Definitely don't care about Jimmy making excuses after the fact… which was the last link I saw you post. Completely worthless.

Multiple bad plays have been shown. Critical mistakes in games this season. Not one of them the product of physical limitation. You pretty much dodged that conversation and have not shown a single play that was improperly executed due to a physical limitation. You're just making generic and broad claims with no support. 'He's been injured a lot'… well ok. Nobody disputes that. What does that have to do with him throwing balls to the defense?
The thing on Brock v Jimmy, that never was a convo, it was Jimmy vs Trey. And we know who the better QB was there.

Brock didn't take over from Jimmy, Jimmy was off contract. He took the job from Lance. Without Brock, lord knows who our QB would be now.
Its been like 4 months and posters are still asking for factual support of Jimmy being washed and not getting it huh? Color me shocked.
There's plenty of facts, I just had a post with fact after fact. Hard to fathom that he's stacked this much surg and ppl think he's in his prime like some spring chicken
There's plenty of facts, I just had a post with fact after fact. Hard to fathom that he's stacked this much surg and ppl think he's in his prime like some spring chicken
so many facts, but none given
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Facts in here are like middle linebackers to Jimmy. No one sees em.

Is that due to him being washed?

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Is that due to him being washed?

Good luck getting a response on this...

no one sees them? are you jimmy ?
Jeremy Fowler has Russell Wilson to the Raiders, which means LV would assemble quite possibly the most washed QB room of all time

https://denversports.com/2110505/russell-wilson-to-the-raiders-an-nfl-team-exec-predicts-that-to-happen/

He is. Rest of you are Brandon Aiyuk wide open past 15 yards.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

He is. Rest of you are Brandon Aiyuk wide open past 15 yards.

That was always awesome, and then listen to some people say, QBs aren't supposed to throw to a "ghost route"

Share 49ersWebzone