Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Shanahan outta get an extension and a retroactive Coach of the Year for getting to a Super Bowl and two NFCCGs with that guy.

Pump the brakes Shanastan. Do we forget JG is 1-0 in Super Bowls head to head, vs Shanny?

huh

Some ppl done forgot, look it up young blood, or is it before your time..
JG never lost a SB, til he handed the 10 point lead to KS, that's the origin story of what we now know as KS10

Jimmy G 1-0 winning a ring as a backup to Tom Brady lol

can't tell if 49erfaithful is using that as a serious argument for something or just meming

Hard to tell with him since he once actually believed Jimmy was a top 5 QB
Jimmy should sue.

Sounds like he used the gas station bluechews and got hit with the suspension.?
Naughty naughty.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Jimmy should sue.

Sounds like he used the gas station bluechews and got hit with the suspension.?

Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Jimmy G 1-0 winning a ring as a backup to Tom Brady lol

can't tell if 49erfaithful is using that as a serious argument for something or just meming

2-0

meming, got it lol
"Garoppolo had a reputation for being aloof in San Francisco, which would drive detail-oriented coach Kyle Shanahan nuts, particularly when, at points of the offseason, the Niners would have trouble getting ahold of him," Breer wrote in a feature for Sports Illustrated. "Some of those problems carried over to Vegas, where a group that knew him, led by GM Dave Ziegler and coach Josh McDaniels, had hoped he'd grow out of some of those tendencies."

Apparently, Garoppolo did not outgrow them. Coupled with his reputation for being injury-prone, which followed him from Santa Clara to Las Vegas, it's understandable why the Raiders were eager to move on from the quarterback.
jimmy aloof somewhere in his house not responding to texts or calls G
Originally posted by picklejuice:

Funny how the cult would dismiss these types of issues with JG.

His QB play was definitely aloof!
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

Funny how the cult would dismiss these types of issues with JG.

His QB play was definitely aloof!

Funny how it is called a cult by people who take crappy journalism as gospel.

And look, I am not trying to directly attack you. I'm not here much but I poohed poohed it back then because he was liked and defended by his teammates and I considered that more important .

I'm not saying it is particularly good behavior. But it's not even accurate to say the 49ers moved on from Jimmy because of it. They moved on from Jimmy because of on field limitations,on field mistakes, and injuries.

Nor are the Raiders moving on from him for that reason. They are moving on from him after benching him after that awful Monday night game where he became an Internet meme for throwing it nowhere near Davante Adams.

This is the kind of tabloid gossipy click bait journalism that is ridiculous. It's like seeing a headline on the Newsbreak app about a player you think you're going to know about and it's some third string no name signing with the practice squad.

I will say after all these years Jimmy strikes me as a dude who is more just happy to be able to play football than having any real drive or dedication or love of the game. Whatever happens happens. Both in a particular game and in his career.
Maybe the Patriot Way was the only way to keep him locked in.....

Crazy career.

• thl408
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Crazy career.

The 'Patriot Way' to Jimmy is holding a clipboard and watching Brady work. If that's what you meant, then I agree the Patriot Way is the way for Jimmy.

Crazy career.

if we could hold on to leads he would have 4 rings, and everyone would know about the Garoppolo Way
Again to me, and it's hard to put my finger on and maybe not altogether accurate but Jimmy has just a bit of airhead or, to quote Seinfeld "mimbo" in him.

Again, probably not the fairest or most accurate as he doesn't come across as a complete idiot and he's a classy guy.

But he really does seem like the kind of guy who if he had a regular job he would have no ambition whatsoever. Just show up, get paid, go home. Probably be a good employee but wouldn't stand out one way or another except again everyone would probably think he was nice and yeah most of the females would probably have an infatuation with him.

Crazy career.

if we could hold on to leads he would have 4 rings, and everyone would know about the Garoppolo Way

Yeah cause Jimmy had no part in not being able to hold the lead
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Crazy career.

Yeah cause Jimmy had no part in not being able to hold the lead

What about SB51 or SB 58? He was there SB51 watching Kyle work his magic.

He has Kyle's ring from that game, right?
Share 49ersWebzone