There are 183 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for TD49ers.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
jimmy aloof somewhere in his house not responding to texts or calls G

Funny how the cult would dismiss these types of issues with JG.

His QB play was definitely aloof!

Funny how it is called a cult by people who take crappy journalism as gospel.

And look, I am not trying to directly attack you. I'm not here much but I poohed poohed it back then because he was liked and defended by his teammates and I considered that more important .

I'm not saying it is particularly good behavior. But it's not even accurate to say the 49ers moved on from Jimmy because of it. They moved on from Jimmy because of on field limitations,on field mistakes, and injuries.

Nor are the Raiders moving on from him for that reason. They are moving on from him after benching him after that awful Monday night game where he became an Internet meme for throwing it nowhere near Davante Adams.

This is the kind of tabloid gossipy click bait journalism that is ridiculous. It's like seeing a headline on the Newsbreak app about a player you think you're going to know about and it's some third string no name signing with the practice squad.

I will say after all these years Jimmy strikes me as a dude who is more just happy to be able to play football than having any real drive or dedication or love of the game. Whatever happens happens. Both in a particular game and in his career.

Still some stragglers.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Feb 20, 2024 at 2:38 PM ]

And look, I am not trying to directly attack you. I'm not here much but I poohed poohed it back then because he was liked and defended by his teammates and I considered that more important .

I'm not saying it is particularly good behavior. But it's not even accurate to say the 49ers moved on from Jimmy because of it. They moved on from Jimmy because of on field limitations,on field mistakes, and injuries.

Nor are the Raiders moving on from him for that reason. They are moving on from him after benching him after that awful Monday night game where he became an Internet meme for throwing it nowhere near Davante Adams.

This is the kind of tabloid gossipy click bait journalism that is ridiculous. It's like seeing a headline on the Newsbreak app about a player you think you're going to know about and it's some third string no name signing with the practice squad.

I will say after all these years Jimmy strikes me as a dude who is more just happy to be able to play football than having any real drive or dedication or love of the game. Whatever happens happens. Both in a particular game and in his career.

Still some stragglers.

And see, there you go again. But at least I know who not to talk to. Because you're clearly an unreasonable individual.

Personally, I'm glad Jimmy's gone. But maybe, unlike you, maybe, I don't feel a need to insult his time here.
And see, there you go again. But at least I know who not to talk to. Because you're clearly an unreasonable individual.

Personally, I'm glad Jimmy's gone. But maybe, unlike you, maybe, I don't feel a need to insult his time here.

Indeed. And what's there to insult? Guy carried this org on his back so hard he now has back issues. He now requires a therapy not approved by the lousy Commish.
As a reminder, when in doubt, always pick the sandwich over JG (Sammich >>> jimmy G string)

Neither will play on the field and neither one will ever win you a SB, but at least you get to eat the sandwich

From the little we heard about this, it was basically Kittle saying "Haha, Jimmy doesn't return my calls in the offseason...haha"

One thing this organization has done is keep things in house and don't throw your players under the bus. I'm not surprised Kyle never made a big deal about Jimmy being out and about during the offseason, based on our culture.

We've never seen the "Camp Alex". He played under Brady who also hosted offseason camps even at the later stage of his career.

Jimmy just never had the,bust your ass in the offseason mentality, that it takes to be great and stay great.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Feb 20, 2024 at 9:52 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Indeed. And what's there to insult? Guy carried this org on his back so hard he now has back issues. He now requires a therapy not approved by the lousy Commish.

Still some stragglers.

I am pretty sure the cult members are the unreasonable ones....

Insult his time here......give me a break. Its the cult that put him on the pedestal only to be the target.
Only a little over 50 pgs to go lol
i think he should give the usfl xfl a shot and try again instead of rotting on the bench
Could definitely see him going to Chicago and competing with the rookie if they trade Fields.

Jimmy can be a backup somewhere. Houston, Miami, both New York teams, LA even.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Could definitely see him going to Chicago and competing with the rookie if they trade Fields.

Jimmy can be a backup somewhere. Houston, Miami, both New York teams, LA even.

Houston, Miami and LA definitely make sense.
LA makes sense, I could never see Jimbo as a Bear lol
Miami makes some sense and so does LA - IMO, not the Bears

Who ever he plays for he'll still get injured and throw stupid interceptions.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Miami makes some sense and so does LA - IMO, not the Bears

Who ever he plays for he'll still get injured and throw stupid interceptions.

And a safety which would cost his team to lose by one point vs a sorry team. AGAIN!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Share 49ersWebzone