Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
He already got the money

That's how poor people think.

lol, touché
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'd be willing to bet Trey starts more games than Jimmy for the remainder of their careers.

That's a good bet. Tough choice IMO. Does Jimmy benefit enough from injuries to other players to overtake the amount of games Trey would get before team gives up on him (in what I think would be his best case scenario - actually getting the chance).

Both players have public perception problem right now, Jimmy's failure in Vegas and his suspension, and Trey losing his job after we spent so much to get him, and on top of that Trey still needs live reps to grow, which he may never get.

Trey's image might improve some if Purdy continues to be a great player. So the more time goes on it might help Trey.

What I have changed my mind on, is giving Jimmy the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his character. The more time goes on, the Julian Edelman story seems like a more accurate depiction of Jimmy as a person. Jimmy saying he was held back by Kyle and people here actually believe that.

I feel the opposite about Trey when it comes to character. He's a great kid and great for your locker room. Teams will value that when looking for a backup. Hence why I'd make the bet.
o wOriginally posted by Waterbear:
I'd be willing to bet Trey starts more games than Jimmy for the remainder of their careers.

That's a good bet. Tough choice IMO. Does Jimmy benefit enough from injuries to other players to overtake the amount of games Trey would get before team gives up on him (in what I think would be his best case scenario - actually getting the chance).

Both players have public perception problem right now, Jimmy's failure in Vegas and his suspension, and Trey losing his job after we spent so much to get him, and on top of that Trey still needs live reps to grow, which he may never get.

Trey's image might improve some if Purdy continues to be a great player. So the more time goes on it might help Trey.

What I have changed my mind on, is giving Jimmy the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his character. The more time goes on, the Julian Edelman story seems like a more accurate depiction of Jimmy as a person. Jimmy saying he was held back by Kyle and people here actually believe that.

I feel the opposite about Trey when it comes to character. He's a great kid and great for your locker room. Teams will value that when looking for a backup. Hence why I'd make the bet.

I'd call it a push at zero starts for the rest of the careers. No way will Dallas pay his 5th year option. I assume he is out of Dallas after next season. Trey is possibly on the verge of being done in the NFL.

I don't know why any team would sign Jimmy G at this point.

Agree he seems like a good kid. Jimmy seemed to be able to rally his teammates around him but beyond that he honestly kind of came off dumb to me in spots where he made pubic comments. Not unique in sports I guess.

He has no credibility to be criticizing anyone for his time in SF, lol.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Mar 7, 2024 at 4:59 PM ]
Jimmy is better than Purdy and he would've won this SB.

Doing my part for 10k
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Doing my part for 10k

LFG

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Doing my part for 10k

LFG

Doing my part for 10k

I did my part by posting the Aiyuk quote. Liking Lance over Jimmy has to be tough for the Jimmy fan club. Then again, that fan club is shrinking by the day.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Jimmy G's OC was hired hopefully he can bring in Jimmy G as a back up!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

12,000 post between you, LovesJimmysHelmet, and NY lol. You guys have the audacity to call other stans. By the time we hit 10,000 you three will have more than 10% of the 10,000 pages. Good work Stans. I couldn't imagine being that obsessed with another human personally. Nearly 5% of your post are about Jimmy. That is Stanism by every single dictionary in the universe.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Mar 8, 2024 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:

12,000 post between you, LovesJimmysHelmet, and NY the CMC hater lol. You guys have the audacity to call other stans. By the time we hit 10,000 you three will have more than 10% of the 10,000 pages. Good work Stans. I couldn't imagine being that obsessed with another player and trying to act like you arent the biggest Stans in the world. Nearly 5% of your post are about Jimmy.

"Hitler was great"- faithul6... probably
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:

12,000 post between you, LovesJimmysHelmet, and NY lol. You guys have the audacity to call other stans. By the time we hit 10,000 you three will have more than 10% of the 10,000 pages. Good work Stans. I couldn't imagine being that obsessed with another human personally. Nearly 5% of your post are about Jimmy. That is Stanism by every single dictionary in the universe.

Lol after the SB loss this was the first thread you posted in. Still rarely see you in NT, you're more in this thread than any other thread so please be quiet and go cry somewhere else 😂
"Hitler was great"- faithul6... probably

that's your quote, I ain't touching that
you came up with that gem on your lonesome
Share 49ersWebzone