There are 222 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Another player that everyone here held in high regard, made every excuse for his failures, and now that he's gone he's hated on.

Thought he was the Greatest of all time just a couple years ago???

What happened?

I enjoyed going to multiple NFCC's and a Super Bowl, yeah. What happened? He lost when it mattered the most and he hit his pinnacle so it was time to move on. Now there a few of us that appreciated his time here and don't hold some childish 2 year old vendetta like the 3 posters with over 10,000 post but we still understand that Jimmy had limitations but he also helped this team be extreme successful. I appreciated his time here, wish him the best(edit: outside of him playing the the F* rams), but I'm happy he's gone. No Ill will here.

Appreciate him chocking and costing us SBs? Nah. f**k that diva, I'm sure you already made a Rams forum account. You rarely post in NT and just here now, enjoy being a Rams fan

When the Niners choke and cost SBs with Jimmy: "we lost them because of him, standard should be a trophy! "

When the Niners choke SBs without Jimmy: "you need to be grateful that we even competed this far you fake fan! "

lol not even trying to hide the hypocrisy
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Mar 16, 2024 at 5:21 AM ]
Another player that everyone here held in high regard, made every excuse for his failures, and now that he's gone he's hated on.

What happened?

I enjoyed going to multiple NFCC's and a Super Bowl, yeah. What happened? He lost when it mattered the most and he hit his pinnacle so it was time to move on. Now there a few of us that appreciated his time here and don't hold some childish 2 year old vendetta like the 3 posters with over 10,000 post but we still understand that Jimmy had limitations but he also helped this team be extreme successful. I appreciated his time here, wish him the best(edit: outside of him playing the the F* rams), but I'm happy he's gone. No Ill will here.

This, dont get the nonstop hate at all, I can think of plenty of other post-Jeff Garcia Niners QBs who had much worse tenures than Jimmy Garoppolo. Won a lot of games with him under center, but ultimately never reached the goal, it is what it is. I'm happy with Brock Purdy and hope he continues to grow.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

What happened?

Appreciate him chocking and costing us SBs? Nah. f**k that diva, I'm sure you already made a Rams forum account. You rarely post in NT and just here now, enjoy being a Rams fan

When the Niners choke and cost SBs with Jimmy: "we lost them because of him, standard should be a trophy! "

When the Niners choke SBs without Jimmy: "you need to be grateful that we even competed this far you fake fan! "

Truth. Amazing how we seem to ignore the common denominator. Maybe it's just not the players costing us in big moments…
Originally posted by DrEll:

What happened?

Truth. Amazing how we seem to ignore the common denominator. Maybe it's just not the players costing us in big moments…

Exactly... Different QB with much more talent in CMC and we still lose. Gore then throws his usual temper tantrum if you bring that up that the one constant in all of this is HC. Truth be told, Purdy had every chance that Jimmy did and failed as well. Every...chance... Now are we spending thousands of post obsessively crying like Gore dies Jimmy, thousands upon thousands of post hating on Purdy? No, we see that both QB's has their chances but the HC had far more chances not to fail and he did. Every damn time.

I used to blame Jimmy for the SB loss but after seeing the exact same results with a better QB is pretty obvious that there is more to blame. Sadly people like Gore are participation trophy heros. Me? I'm tired of losing the big games. Purdy or Jimmy we still lose in the same fashion. Gores here handing out participation trophies and celebrating losses then getting angry when you blame the guy that made countless mistakes and errors. I'm wonder if Gore even knows what a HC responsibility is?. Don't seem like it. Just Jimmy. Nothing else just Jimmy.

And Gore... You were Stafford's biggest Stan. You talked about the Rams non stop for a good year. Stafford Stan Gore trying to patronize me is pretty funny. I guarantee you that you will have more post whining about Jimmy and obsessing about your Rams than 99% of the board within the next year. I mean...3 of you guys are responsible for 10% of Jimmy talk. 3 of you. 3... Not 7. 3... Then you call other Stans
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Mar 16, 2024 at 10:28 AM ]
Exactly... Different QB with much more talent in CMC and we still lose.

Jimmy's always been nothing more than an average player,...unlike the "different QB." Let it go.
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 16, 2024 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:

Jimmy's always been nothing more than an average player,...unlike the "different QB." Let it go.
Average, good, great.... Same results. Same L. Again I understand participation trophies are yours and Gores mentality but even with a much better QB in Brock we got the same results. Mistakes, mishaps, stupid penalties, lapses, and questionable calls. That's on the HC.

What happened?

This, dont get the nonstop hate at all, I can think of plenty of other post-Jeff Garcia Niners QBs who had much worse tenures than Jimmy Garoppolo. Won a lot of games with him under center, but ultimately never reached the goal, it is what it is. I'm happy with Brock Purdy and hope he continues to grow.

Lmao two of the biggest whiners on this forum talking about non stop hate. Hey did you guys make your daily Kyle sucks posts in half the Niner threads today?
Exactly... Different QB with much more talent in CMC and we still lose. Gore then throws his usual temper tantrum if you bring that up that the one constant in all of this is HC. Truth be told, Purdy had every chance that Jimmy did and failed as well. Every...chance... Now are we spending thousands of post obsessively crying like Gore dies Jimmy, thousands upon thousands of post hating on Purdy? No, we see that both QB's has their chances but the HC had far more chances not to fail and he did. Every damn time.

I used to blame Jimmy for the SB loss but after seeing the exact same results with a better QB is pretty obvious that there is more to blame. Sadly people like Gore are participation trophy heros. Me? I'm tired of losing the big games. Purdy or Jimmy we still lose in the same fashion. Gores here handing out participation trophies and celebrating losses then getting angry when you blame the guy that made countless mistakes and errors. I'm wonder if Gore even knows what a HC responsibility is?. Don't seem like it. Just Jimmy. Nothing else just Jimmy.

And Gore... You were Stafford's biggest Stan. You talked about the Rams non stop for a good year. Stafford Stan Gore trying to patronize me is pretty funny. I guarantee you that you will have more post whining about Jimmy and obsessing about your Rams than 99% of the board within the next year. I mean...3 of you guys are responsible for 10% of Jimmy talk. 3 of you. 3... Not 7. 3... Then you call other Stans

You have to factor timing in this analysis among other things. Brock is a 2nd year QB we expect to get better. He's not a finished product. When Jimmy lost the SB, it was his first full year starting (though his 6th year in the league) and we also expected him to get better. He didn't and he didn't stay healthy either. He also was being paid like a franchise QB. Beyond these differences, he was actually awful in the SB in the 4th quarter, against a considerably worse defense. Brock played ok, against a great defense.

What happened?

He did choke. Purdy didn't choke. It was a miracle we even got that far with Jimmy, especially in the games Kyle didn't even want Jimmy throwing and we would just run the ball.

Also sorry jiks, I didn't read your post. I'm sure it was a great post! 😂

Average, good, great.... Same results. Same L. Again I understand participation trophies are yours and Gores mentality but even with a much better QB in Brock we got the same results. Mistakes, mishaps, stupid penalties, lapses, and questionable calls. That's on the HC.

The results were drastically different. This kid was legit contending for MVP in year 2 with this squad.

Not just a bunch of dump offs. I suggest watching a game or 2 before trying to cover our marginal ex-player we've thankfully been ridded of.
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 16, 2024 at 11:47 AM ]

What happened?

He did choke. Purdy didn't choke. It was a miracle we even got that far with Jimmy, especially in the games Kyle didn't even want Jimmy throwing and we would just run the ball.

Also sorry jiks, I didn't read your post. I'm sure it was a great post! 😂

Niners needed literal "miracles" to pull out those games against GB and Detroit. But keep posting your "aT lEaSt dEy mAdE iT yU fAkE fAnZ" posts

The results were drastically different. This kid was legit contending for MVP in year 2 with this squad.

Not just a bunch of dump offs. I suggest watching a game or 2 before trying to cover our marginal ex-player we've thankfully been ridded of.

Disagree... The results were pretty much the same. Blown leads, multiple mistakes, multiple penalties, bad play calls, players that shouldn't not making plays that they should have. Both Jimmy and Purdy had multiple chances to win the game and they didn't. They deserve thier fair share of the blame but in reality the coaching and mistakes were what lost us those games. That is directly on Shanny. I mean, we go from an "average QB" to a "legit contender for MVP" and we still blow it. The one constant... The only constant... is Shanny.

What happened?

Lmao two of the biggest whiners on this forum talking about non stop hate. Hey did you guys make your daily Kyle sucks posts in half the Niner threads today?

Says the poster who spends more time on here bickering with other fans than actually discussing the game. Typical hypocrisy from your posts as usual

What happened?

Says the poster who spends more time on here bickering with other fans than actually discussing the game. Typical hypocrisy from your posts as usual

Ive discussed the game enough. I don't need to repeat the same point 100 times like you clowns need to just get your daily dose of attention because you don't get it elsewhere. Your idea of discussing the same has been "kYlE sUx fIrE kYLe!!!"

What happened?

Ive discussed the game enough. I don't need to repeat the same point 100 times like you clowns need to just get your daily dose of attention because you don't get it elsewhere. Your idea of discussing the same has been "kYlE sUx fIrE kYLe!!!"

Dude would rather lose than win. He is no fan.
Share 49ersWebzone