There are 319 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Crazy how people actually still give a f**k about this guy

But to the Rams defense, they aren't paying him $76 million and he isn't starting. There's worse back up QB's in the league, I'll tell you right now I'd take Jimmy over Josh Johnson, Mitchell Trubisky, Blaine Gabbert and Mason Rudolph.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Meh he's a better Jimmy but not worlds better. Just like Jimmy, Brock had his shots and failed.

Your first post after the SB.

He's worlds better than Jimmy. He didn't fail either, team let him down, especially Burford. Jimmy against the Packers would've folded and we would've been one and done. And there's no chance he's coming back from 17 against the Lions.

If anyone celebrated the loss it was definitely you.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Mar 17, 2024 at 10:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Crazy how people actually still give a f**k about this guy

But to the Rams defense, they aren't paying him $76 million and he isn't starting. There's worse back up QB's in the league, I'll tell you right now I'd take Jimmy over Josh Johnson, Mitchell Trubisky, Blaine Gabbert and Mason Rudolph.

That's not how I meant it. Lol. My comment was more along the lines of even caring about him in general. Arguing about his skill set or if it was the system and yada yada. It seems like a waste of time even talking about Jimmy. That's what I meant.

Since you've now got me talking about him, , I agree he's a nice backup signing for them.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Meh he's a better Jimmy but not worlds better. Just like Jimmy, Brock had his shots and failed.

Your first post after the SB.

He's worlds better than Jimmy. He didn't fail either, team let him down, especially Burford. Jimmy against the Packers would've folded and we would've been one and done. And there's no chance he's coming back from 17 against the Lions.

If anyone celebrated the loss it was definitely you.

I think Jimmy is/was a good QB, that's not a diss. Brock is better than Jimmy meaning he's better than good. How much better? I'll wait and see but I do think when Jimmy is good he's comparable to Brock. Thing is, and I've said this before, good Jimmy was extremely hit or miss. Brock is continuously good and has a rare bad day. Jimmy had as many bad days as good days. It was insanely frustrating watching Jimmy play well then next week look like absolute trash(see unlike you, Stan, I can give Jimmy credit and admit his flaws). Meanwhile Brock is consistently good and rarely, very rarely has an off game. I understand you're always looking for drama but that's a compliment, not a diss in my eyes. Not like you throwing a tantrum after we beat the Steelers. I don't spend thousands of post trashing Brock over petty s**t like you getting angry and blatantly lying that "Jimmy can't throw 15 yards". I am bitter towards Shanny but I don't constantly hate on him either.

Oh and random thought...
I also forgot to mention how Stan is a crazed stalker in my amazing answer about Stans. GoreStan follows me everywhere I go. Literally everywhere.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Mar 17, 2024 at 11:23 AM ]
I think Jimmy is/was a good QB, that's not a diss. Brock is better than Jimmy meaning he's better than good.

Your imagination is admirable.
Originally posted by random49er:
I think Jimmy is/was a good QB, that's not a diss. Brock is better than Jimmy meaning he's better than good.

He's so good that he's been benched, cut, and now a back up.

Nevermind that he's on the tail end of his career especially with his rich injury history. A healthy Jimmy has had nothing but success. We won A LOT of games with Jimmy. Hell before you were a fan, Shanny was flat out garbage before Jimmy came and he helped turn this franchise around. Mind you he also got a lot of help. Jimmy was definitely part of it though

Now he's in a good place behind your closet Stan Crush Stafford. He'll get another chance I'm guessing. If for the Rams he can suck it.
I remember when G was in Vegas, flying in a jet in Vegas and ppl were pumped...

Now he's dumped lol.
Good promo for the Air Force I guess haha..that's all he really did for Vegas haha

Nevermind that he's on the tail end of his career especially with his rich injury history. A healthy Jimmy has had nothing but success. We won A LOT of games with Jimmy. Hell before you were a fan, Shanny was flat out garbage before Jimmy came and he helped turn this franchise around. Mind you he also got a lot of help. Jimmy was definitely part of it though

Now he's in a good place behind your closet Stan Crush Stafford. He'll get another chance I'm guessing. If for the Rams he can suck it.

Ahh the ole 3am Smiley defense. Nice

10:58 is 3am

🥔 🧠

Stafford's just been a better, more accomplished QB. No crush involved.

Since you want to obsess over team accomplishments that Jimmy was carried to by the Patriots and 49ers,..how about a 3rd party for added context?

Key takeaways:

1) Jimmy has 2 Rings,...Stafford has 1,...Dan Marino has none,...but Dan Marino is light years better than both of these QBs, career-wise, and it really isint even close. The Patriots carried him to 2 rings,...and the 49ers carried him to the SB. Just watch the games.

2) Marino's numbers are way ahead, even in a different era of football that was heavily run-dominant.

3) Both Stafford and Marino were 1st Rounders, while Jimmy flirted with being a 3rd rounder. So from their collegiate careers, NO ONE has ever thought that Jimmy would compare to the other 2 QBs above. Not before his draft,...not after his draft....not EVER. Only people with this extremely weird, cringeworthy attraction to Jimmy Garoppolo (mostly women?) will say or suggest such.

4) Stafford and Marino were NEVER reserve QBs,...while Jimmy has been a reserve QB for pretty much half of his career. See the red arrow, please.

5) I wont even get into the numbers. Even so,...the numbers aren't everything, but putting the Checkdown King on the same field of either of these guys is just plain laughable. Just look at them. Dude doesn't even have 100 TDs yet.

6) Me telling you the truth about team accomplishments and players like Dan Marino does not make me a Marino stan, homer, or anything else. It's just me objectively telling you the truth.

I hope I've covered all the bases? If you have any objective,...legitimate response,...we're all waiting.
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 18, 2024 at 9:13 AM ]
Jimmy G is our Trent Dilfer

10:58 is 3am

🥔 🧠

He's still trying to figure out the timezone thing.
Jimmy's had injuries. Okay. How do injuries make someone a better QB?
Share 49ersWebzone