LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 162 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DrEll:
TBPH knowing that Stafford is injury prone, having Jimmy at backup is the best case scenario. He knows the Shanahan system, has played starter role and backup role, and is the best of the backup QB class this offseason.

McVay did his team a favor signing him. It won't change their playoff ceiling though because Jimmy is Jimmy. But I'd take him over jokers like Sam Darnold…

Jimmy is injury prone not Stafford.
Originally posted by EastBay:
TBPH knowing that Stafford is injury prone, having Jimmy at backup is the best case scenario. He knows the Shanahan system, has played starter role and backup role, and is the best of the backup QB class this offseason.

McVay did his team a favor signing him. It won't change their playoff ceiling though because Jimmy is Jimmy. But I'd take him over jokers like Sam Darnold…

they both are that's why it's such a good fit
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by EastBay:

Yes one of the many reasons Jimmy should not be a starter in this league again. But again if Stafford goes down you could do a lot worse the Jimmy. And given he's familiar with the Shanahan offense, McVay could hope that he holds the fort down until Stafford returns….
very good qb sneak. everything else is very unreliable and frustrating to watch
Originally posted by picklejuice:

4 and 1, and here comes Garoppolo, I can see it now
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

You live out your dreams -- literally -- on this forum.
Originally posted by random49er:

You live out your dreams -- literally -- on this forum.

The man can sneak he's like a one man Philly Push it's called reality and he got it from TB12 himself
The man can sneak he's like a one man Philly Push it's called reality and he got it from TB12 himself

sure but if the game is on the line, they can expect a participation trophy. #JustSayin

sure but if the game is on the line, they can expect a participation trophy. #JustSayin

son, you are speaking about a 2x world champion who was a one time FedEx Air Player of the week (nominee)

son, you are speaking about a 2x world champion who was a one time FedEx Air Player of the week (nominee)

You're the best

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

You're the best

sometimes you just gotta hit em with the facts
Originally posted by picklejuice:

He screwed up the biggest QB sneak of his career, but other than that yeah he is pretty good at it.
Stafford > Sammich > JG > jock strap
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

What kind of sandwich we talking about? If it's some plain ass bologna, then Jimmy all day.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

What kind of sandwich we talking about? If it's some plain ass bologna, then Jimmy all day.

Pastrami > Jimmy G
Share 49ersWebzone