There are 273 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Oh Jimmy it's everyone else's fault you haven't fully dedicated yourself to football. He looked awful last year, and I thought he wasn't going to be in the league anymore. He should shut up and look pretty.
Originally posted by EastBay:
Oh Jimmy it's everyone else's fault you haven't fully dedicated yourself to football. He looked awful last year, and I thought he wasn't going to be in the league anymore. He should shut up and look pretty.

That's always been one of my biggest issues with Jimmy.

The first offseason with us when players/coaches reported that Jimmy isn't returning calls/texts, we all thought it was so harmless and he he haha, Jimmy having fun.

Then it became a yearly thing... You never heard of this guy doing his own training camps, coming in the offseason working with the team or coaches or whoever is there. It became clear this guy learned nothing from Brady and what it takes to be great. QB with a WR diva mentality. Pettis 2.0

That's one thing I can't overlook. I was never the biggest Alex fan, but at least the guy tried and put in the work. You can at least respect that.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by EastBay:

That's always been one of my biggest issues with Jimmy.

The first offseason with us when players/coaches reported that Jimmy isn't returning calls/texts, we all thought it was so harmless and he he haha, Jimmy having fun.

Then it became a yearly thing... You never heard of this guy doing his own training camps, coming in the offseason working with the team or coaches or whoever is there. It became clear this guy learned nothing from Brady and what it takes to be great. QB with a WR diva mentality. Pettis 2.0

That's one thing I can't overlook. I was never the biggest Alex fan, but at least the guy tried and put in the work. You can at least respect that.
Alex def whoops his ass in effort
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Do you even know our coach at all. He isn't the most flexible guy. He wants you to do exactly how he draws it up.

Well I am sure Kyle doesn't tell Jimmy to stare down his receiver and throw it into triple coverage getting his players killed. I would love to know what "Being himself" is to Jimmy G. Need clarification.

LOL yes. We certainly have our questions and opinions with Kyle, but I think we can all agree (especially in hindsight) that Jimmy was extremely limited and Kyle squeezed every damn drop he could out of that lemon!
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Do you even know our coach at all. He isn't the most flexible guy. He wants you to do exactly how he draws it up.

Well I am sure Kyle doesn't tell Jimmy to stare down his receiver and throw it into triple coverage getting his players killed. I would love to know what "Being himself" is to Jimmy G. Need clarification.

LOL yes. We certainly have our questions and opinions with Kyle, but I think we can all agree (especially in hindsight) that Jimmy was extremely limited and Kyle squeezed every damn drop he could out of that lemon!

Agreed and he did managed to make Nick Mullens look decent. Brock has a lot of QB smarts but Kyle's system has a lot to do with his success. Maybe Kyle should be getting paid $30 million per year.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Agreed and he did managed to make Nick Mullens look decent. Brock has a lot of QB smarts but Kyle's system has a lot to do with his success. Maybe Kyle should be getting paid $30 million per year.

at the same point in time, you got ppl saying okay he needs D Adams, along with Deebo, CMC, 85, Brock, etc. let him cook with the rooks he drafted.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

at the same point in time, you got ppl saying okay he needs D Adams, along with Deebo, CMC, 85, Brock, etc. let him cook with the rooks he drafted.
i mean.. he did cook in his first year with nobodies
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

yessir, once Brady jr showed up

yessir, once Brady jr showed up
Mr Fab was that little piece that helped get us over the hump.. when losing 5 straight games by a total of 10 pts. We could have been at least a 10 win team if Mr fab started the year
Mr Fab was that little piece that helped get us over the hump.. when losing 5 straight games by a total of 10 pts. We could have been at least a 10 win team if Mr fab started the year

just wait til Mr Fab gets to 10K

Originally posted by Cisco0623:

decent?

Mullens waa being compared to Mahomes before he imploded

16 starts in and Mullens looked like a hidden gem

"Mullens is on the verge of doing something only one other quarterback has done in NFL history: eclipse 4,500 passing yards in his first 16 starts.

Going into Week 14 against Washington, Mullens has 14 starts under his belt. In those 14 games he's racked up 3,926 passing yards. That alone would be good for 21st all-time through 16 starts, but Mullens has two more to go."

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/10/49ers-nick-mullens-passing-yards-record-patrick-mahomes/
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
decent?

Mullens waa being compared to Mahomes before he imploded

16 starts in and Mullens looked like a hidden gem

"Mullens is on the verge of doing something only one other quarterback has done in NFL history: eclipse 4,500 passing yards in his first 16 starts.

Going into Week 14 against Washington, Mullens has 14 starts under his belt. In those 14 games he's racked up 3,926 passing yards. That alone would be good for 21st all-time through 16 starts, but Mullens has two more to go."

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/10/49ers-nick-mullens-passing-yards-record-patrick-mahomes/

lol that's hilarious

didn't know about the mullens is mahomes comp

he can do some stuff, so credit for him to be in the league as he has. if you watched him with Minny, he gives the back breaking turnover a few times a game. that cancels out much of the good he may be doing.

just wait til Mr Fab gets to 10K
The BA thread has a good chance to get to 10k before this thread
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Oh, that was the issue. Shanny didn't allow Jimmy to be himself..

Ya, a backup

Took the words out of my mouth. The Rams have Jimmy's role correct.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Aug 13, 2024 at 7:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone