There are 282 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Brock is way better, not even close. Jimmy had an elite defense, run game, could literally attempt 8 passes and still win.

Thats the common response that Jimmy haters love to bring up. They were averaging 8 yards a carry. GB knew the run was coming and they still couldn't stop it. Why would they go away from that. The Niners were up 27-0 at halftime, but hey, let's have Jimmy throw it in the second half. You have this scrub in Garoppolo, who made it to a SB and lost. Then you have this guy who is "way better" and "not even close", but he lost a SB as well. Can you really say this team is head and shoulders better with Brock? Jimmy haters love to say he played with an elite defense and run game. Their defense wasn't elite last season? They didn't have one of the best running backs in the game? And Brock has Aiyuk along with Deebo and Kittle. Jimmy had a rookie Deebo and Emmanual Sanders along with Kittle. Who had the better receiving options? Get where I'm going with this.

I'm not here to say Jimmy is great, because he's not. Like you said, he's an average QB, but he was good enough for THIS team. Yes, there is the eye test and Purdy looks better, but if the end results are the same, how much better can Brock be? I'm also not saying Brock is terrible. He's average and good enough on THIS team.
Originally posted by Shakester:
I'm also not saying Brock is terrible. He's average and good enough on THIS team.

Purdy is better than average. Purdy drove the team down the field and left with the Niners holding on to the lead in OT in the SB. the D was on the field when the game was lost.

Jimmy had multiple chances in various games (NFCCG @ LA, SB) to lead a comeback but failed.
[ Edited by boast on Oct 8, 2024 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Shakester:
I'm also not saying Brock is terrible. He's average and good enough on THIS team.

Purdy is better than average. Purdy drove the team down the field and left with the Niners holding on to the lead in OT in the SB. the D was on the field when the game was lost.

Jimmy had multiple chances in various games (NFCCG @ LA, SB) to lead a comeback but failed.

tsk tsk tsk

let me re-introduce you to what you forgot.. The Drive

click the watch on youtube i'm blocked by the JG hater Goodell

you will see The Drive, vs a soon to be world champ defense with HOFers at every level
Share 49ersWebzone