There are 166 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
It's way more important to know HOW Jimmy plays in the Super Bowl and playoffs than IF he makes the Super Bowl or a deep playoff run.

When Trey got hurt, some posters were already saying we should keep Jimmy beyond this season. I said that it's only fair to keep an open mind about his return if there's a huge leap in his performance. Because it was possible to me that Jimmy could prove he should return when the team doesn't even make the playoffs.

I haven't seen that consistent level of play yet, but we still have a lot of games left.

Absolutely. If he plays elite and they win the SB it's one conversation. If it's the Packer game last playoffs and they win the SB on a heroic defensive effort it's a completely different one.

That's why I emphasized that he needs to put up big numbers in the playoffs for it to be a conversation.

If we just win because of run game, defense and luck. And some flukey special teams play, then forget about it. I know luck is a factor in football games, but if that's the major reason we win, then it's not sustainable over the long haul
He doesn't need to put up big numbers, just keep the offense in rhythm. And most of all don't be the weak link, let something else take that role

I think he was referring to Jimmy's career after this year, and for us to even consider bringing him back he'd have to put up big numbers.
He doesn't need to put up big numbers, just keep the offense in rhythm. And most of all don't be the weak link, let something else take that role

If we're considering giving him a big contract again, then of course he needs to put that up. No one is going to trust him again unless he turns some heads and isn't just another cog in the wheel.

It's a contract year and he's playing his butt off now, so I respect him for that. But unless he elevates his play to some ungodly level, then I don't see any reason to give up on Lance for now. It's a very unlikely scenario.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Dec 2, 2022 at 11:17 AM ]
If he goes on a playoff run like Flacco and wins a Superbowl mvp, then I see a world where the Niners pay him on pure emotion.

I think you really underestimate how badly the fans want to win a Lombardi here. They're not going to react to this with logic

I am a fan in here that wants to win lol and if that happens…guess what they already won a Lombardi.

Making a move like that on pure in the moment emotion isn't how it works. You can kiss Bosa bye. You've all but said your 22yr old multi 1sts investment was a mistake (based off basically no football).
If he goes on a playoff run like Flacco and wins a Superbowl mvp, then I see a world where the Niners pay him on pure emotion.

I think you really underestimate how badly the fans want to win a Lombardi here. They're not going to react to this with logic

Eh, you underestimate the hatred this fanbase has for Jimmy.

There's a not-insignificant segment of this fanbase that would rather lose with Trey than to win it all with Jimmy.
[ Edited by Franchise408 on Dec 2, 2022 at 11:19 AM ]

If we're considering giving him a big contract again, then of course he needs to put that up. No one is going to trust him again unless he turns some heads and isn't just another cog in the wheel.
Big contract and jimmy don't fit on the 49ers. .. but i hope jimmy plays well enough where this becomes a real issue
Originally posted by Franchise408:

There's a not-insignificant segment of this fanbase that would rather lose with Trey than to win it all with Jimmy.

I hated him immensely last year for playing horrible. Once you start playing good, no one is going to care that much.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I don't know. It's been 6 years and he is the best qb Shanahan has been able to find by a mile. Still waiting for someone else and I'm not getting any younger.

When did he start looking? He got Jimmy the first yr he was a coach. And spare the Beathard/Hoyer b******t. No one thinks they were every meant to be the long-term guy.

Ya'll out of your damn minds if you think they're gonna just flush Lance down the toilet after four and a half QRS of football. Ya'll out of your minds if you think they're gonna choose Jimmy over Nick Bosa, because that's what you're doing.

no one cares if you're not getting younger.
Originally posted by Franchise408:

LMAO… I love the built in assumption that we would lose with Trey to prove there is bias against Jimmy.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by random49er:
This did not in any way answer to the 2 points I made.

1) Everyone "helped"....so you can get away with that I guess in literal terms.

2) In "practical" terms,...his playoff contributions in 2019 were abysmal.

Does the name "49ers" in my handle mean I cant call things as I saw them on the TV screen?

Well you're just not calling things how you see it that's the problem.

1. Yes everyone helped, I didn't say no one else did. But you act like he didn't there's your problem.

2. His playoff contributions are what they were in 2019 and 2021. Run game, Deebo in the back field and the defense were just all firing on all cylinders. And to say he didn't do s**t is again not calling it how you see it and false no matter how you slice it.

Uhmmm,...yes I am calling things as I see them. He helped us get to the playoffs to begin with with his play, but if anything, his lackluster play in the playoffs was an accident waiting to happen.

__

"Yes everyone helped, I didn't say no one else did. But you act like he didn't there's your problem."

No,...he did. Everyone on the team did as well. Given that, what is your point though in reminding us that he was on the 2019 roster?
__

His playoff contributions are what they were in 2019 and 2021. Run game, Deebo in the back field and the defense were just all firing on all cylinders. And to say he didn't do s**t is again not calling it how you see it and false no matter how you slice it.

I encourage you to rewatch the games. He didn't look good. And it's not because the defense played well. Against Arizona, the defense played well then too, but he looked good. In those playoff runs, he did not look good. That's just the reality of things. And I'm not the only one that thinks so either...

Let's face the truth of the matter. No sense in hiding behind what happened. All you are doing is backing yourself into a corner that u feel the need to "fight" your way out of and "win one for Jimmy!"
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 2, 2022 at 11:33 AM ]
It's true cuz James LeBron said it is true

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
It's true cuz James LeBron said it is true
Meanwhile we walked out with a dub and I remember on that cold day Rodgers with Adams did jack squat
It should read 49ers Dub - for the second consecutive week the 49ers got the dub...

TYPO
Lol when I first started here a bit ago the conversation was about haters and I thought it was an immature conversation as I agreed that Jimmy is an ok QB but he's definitely flawed and saying so was being honest. But man... Some here go to any lengths, every...single...day... to harp on the guy. It's literally nonstop, every post. Say what you will but it's not non-bias talk, it's obvious one sided bias talk and it overwhelms what could and at some times is great football talk. Unfortunately that's far and between as it's always just putting the guy down.

I agree he is plenty upgradable and i am not going to lose any sleep once Trey gets healthy but finding any excuse just to be negative every day really ruins this place. He's not as bad as he's made out to be(or good by some but they don't over power threads). Even after wins. This thread since I've signed up has been nothing but breaking him down and b***hing and moaning despite being on a winning streak. It's kind of embarrassing really.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
It should read 49ers Dub - for the second consecutive week the 49ers got the dub...

TYPO

Share 49ersWebzone