There are 237 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Bieniemy is learning from one of the great offensive minds. The problems is he is pseudo-OC. If you aren't calling plays it feels like you are an assistant OC. Also, with Mahomes making the offense look great it possibly hurts the view of Bieniemy. I'm not sure the KC Offensive Coordinator job is the best to prove yourself to other teams. On the other hand working under Reid has produced much more successful NFL coaches than Belichick. John Harbaugh, Doug Pederson, Ron Rivera, Brad Childress, Nagy, and Sean McDermott have all won playoff games and 3 trips to the Super Bowl. He had a lot of interviews so I have a hard time believing he is currently a bad interviewee. One issue is teams don't want to wait to make the hire until the teams playoff run ends; which seems dumb to me if you think he is your guy. It is amazing to me that the league will take a chance on a white guy with limited experience, but extremely rare for a black guy to get that same leap of faith.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's curious two of the "sure thing" HC hires, Bieniemy & Daboll didn't get a HC job. EB's got arguably the best OC job in the NFL and Daboll's a fast-rising OC. On the Herd today, they were saying they can both be patient as there'll be more openings coming for them. They played new Lions HC Dan Campbell's presser...OMG, he sounded like a cave man...wants to make the Lions the most-feared team in the NFL. Good luck with that. Lions are like the Browns were...couldn't figure out the HC position. They still can't.
Lions got their own Jim Tomfoolya. 🐀

And there's more craziness if you watch the whole thing.

Some online said the Lions passed up on Saleh because he "bombed" the interview.. they say the same thing about why Eric B hasn't been hired yet.

But then you see this guy and think what the hell did he say at the interview?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 21, 2021 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Some online said the Lions passed up on Saleh because he "bombed" the interview.. they say the same thing about why Eric B hasn't been hired yet.

One national football writer claimed this while Lions beat writer said it wasn't true. So nobody knows what really happened there.

Physical with an F

All I want to know is when the hell Stafford is gonna be available
Originally posted by pdfortune:
Bieniemy is learning from one of the great offensive minds. The problems is he is pseudo-OC. If you aren't calling plays it feels like you are an assistant OC. Also, with Mahomes making the offense look great it possibly hurts the view of Bieniemy. I'm not sure the KC Offensive Coordinator job is the best to prove yourself to other teams. On the other hand working under Reid has produced much more successful NFL coaches than Belichick. John Harbaugh, Doug Pederson, Ron Rivera, Brad Childress, Nagy, and Sean McDermott have all won playoff games and 3 trips to the Super Bowl. He had a lot of interviews so I have a hard time believing he is currently a bad interviewee. One issue is teams don't want to wait to make the hire until the teams playoff run ends; which seems dumb to me if you think he is your guy. It is amazing to me that the league will take a chance on a white guy with limited experience, but extremely rare for a black guy to get that same leap of faith.

The Reid tree is a problem for Bieniemy. Pederson just got fired and had looked kind of clueless ever since Frank Reich left for Indy. Nagy has been mediocre at best, his team made the playoffs with an 8-8 record with one win against teams with a winning record. He's likely done after next season, if he makes it that far. And then you have Childress who crashed and burned in Minnesota and ended up losing the locker room. Not sure any NFL team looks at those three guys and sees offensive coaches coming up under Reid as "must hire", especially when the Chiefs have all the best offensive talent in football on their roster.

The defensive coaches like McDermott and Rivera have done well for themselves but both of them were away from Reid for years on their own before getting head coaching jobs. Rivera was away from Reid for nearly a decade, working in Chicago under Lovie and in San Diego under Norv before he got hired in Carolina. McDermott worked under Rivera in Carolina for six years before the Bills hired him.
I´d say that John Harbaugh has been the only succesful coach from Andy´s tree.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

McDermott and Rivera are technically from the tree too.
Originally posted by evil:

McDermott and Rivera are technically from the tree too.

I wouldn't say Rivera is. He was only a LBs coach for 4 seasons. He started his coaching career with Chicago.
Originally posted by evil:

One national football writer claimed this while Lions beat writer said it wasn't true. So nobody knows what really happened there.

This sounds dubbed lol. L

I see more Singletary than Tomsula.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I think the Lion's new HC could be into tea bagging and bestiality
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pdfortune:

The Reid tree is a problem for Bieniemy. Pederson just got fired and had looked kind of clueless ever since Frank Reich left for Indy. Nagy has been mediocre at best, his team made the playoffs with an 8-8 record with one win against teams with a winning record. He's likely done after next season, if he makes it that far. And then you have Childress who crashed and burned in Minnesota and ended up losing the locker room. Not sure any NFL team looks at those three guys and sees offensive coaches coming up under Reid as "must hire", especially when the Chiefs have all the best offensive talent in football on their roster.

The defensive coaches like McDermott and Rivera have done well for themselves but both of them were away from Reid for years on their own before getting head coaching jobs. Rivera was away from Reid for nearly a decade, working in Chicago under Lovie and in San Diego under Norv before he got hired in Carolina. McDermott worked under Rivera in Carolina for six years before the Bills hired him.

lol, wow

He sounds like a mix of Singletary and Gregg Williams. I bet his office is plastered with those dumb lion motivational posters and autographed Stone Cold Steve Austin pics.

All I want to know is when the hell Stafford is gonna be available

No thank you.
Share 49ersWebzone